What's new

New Look Russian T-50 flight test: In the past claimed that the Chinese wan

We have almost ditched all AL-31F, and you expect we would still stick with the Russian engine forever?

I think that country would likely be India, who can't even make its own bullet.

So let me get this right, the Pak-fa is inferior to Chinese J-xx and it's superior how ever, China lacks the engines and takes Russia engines for flight testing...

Again, the flying prototype uses Chinese WS-10G engines, not Russian ones. Production J-20 will use the WS-15, which is more powerful than the Russian Al-31 or the American F-119.

just because J-xx looks like the batmans jet doesnt mean stealthy

Actually, my friend, you can tell a lot about an aircraft's relative RCS and "stealthiness" from photos of it and its general design.

Some design advantages of the J-20 that I can name off the top of my head are the DSI, smooth underside of the fuselage, consistent sweep and cant angles, one piece canopy, IR absorbent tiles on the nozzles, and much more. Read Bill Sweetman's analysis.

Of course, the engine has been China's weakness, however, be inferred from all the news in China, J-20 when the official service may have to install the engine of China's own development.

Until China has an engine that can power a 5th generation fighter, China does not have such an engine. The whole project might be delayed because of failure to develop a 5th generation engine. Given that China has such trouble developing an engine for the J-10 and J-11, the projected time frame to have a 5th generation engine could easily double or tripled.

its still in testing and will remain in testing for its entire life

Like you test your engine for j10 in 2005 till now using russian engine

The J-10A's engine, the WS-10A, has already been deployed on the J-11B series and the J-15, meaning that it has already been tested and has been in full service (since 2009).

What part of that don't you get?

Until China has an engine that can power a 5th generation fighter, China does not have such an engine. The whole project might be delayed because of failure to develop a 5th generation engine. Given that China has such trouble developing an engine for the J-10 and J-11, the projected time frame to have a 5th generation engine could easily double or tripled.

I hope you can check the recent post about J-15 before making a such silly comment.

We have almost ditched all AL-31F, and you expect we would still stick with the Russian engine forever?

I think that country would likely be India, who can't even make its own bullet.

I think its time to stop bring in India to every discussion. I know many Indians like to bring in China in all conversations. And that is also not necessary.

China does have a 5th generation engine, the WS-15. It is more powerful than the F-119 that powers the F-22.

The engine for the J-10A and J-11 has already been deployed.

Seriously, do you ever read the news?

The J-10A's engine, the WS-10A, has already been deployed on the J-11B series and the J-15, meaning that it has already been tested and has been in full service (since 2009).

What part of that don't you get?

J-15 uses WS-10H, a naval version of the Taihang engine. Its maximum afterburner thrust can exceed 130kn.

China does have a 5th generation engine, the WS-15. It is more powerful than the F-119 that powers the F-22.

No doubt that your engine is more powerful that American :lol:

But use these engines (those are more powerful) on your fighters why you still need Russian engines

All your fighters are russian copy but still claiming that they are better :tdown:

The engine for the J-10A and J-11 has already been deployed.

Seriously, do you ever read the news?

I read that there are some J-11 or some of the flanker variations that deploy WS-10A. and I heard about it since 2004. The result is that China has a steep learning curve to deploy indigenous engines. So it take about another 6 years for the engine to be ready. I think China should cozy up to Russia just in case there is a major delay with WS-15. Russians have a long history of making engines and the likelihood of them making a 5th generation engine is higher. I'm not saying that China would not succeed. But the chances for the WS-15 to be ready at its schedule time and be ready to adopt by the Chengdu J-20 is not as high as the engine for the Sukhoi T-50.

But use these engines (those are more powerful) on your fighters why you still need Russian engines

All your fighters are russian copy but still claiming that they are better :tdown:

Can't help with people growing up by drinking the fresh water in the Ganga River.

I would say that WS-10 program is as successful as the entire LCA project, won't you say?

I read that there are some J-11 or some of the flanker variations that deploy WS-10A. and I heard about it since 2004. The result is that China has a steep learning curve to deploy indigenous engines. So it take about another 6 years for the engine to be ready. I think China should cozy up to Russia just in case there is a major delay with WS-15. Russians have a long history of making engines and the likelihood of them making a 5th generation engine is higher. I'm not saying that China would not succeed. But the chances for the WS-15 to be ready at its schedule time and be ready to adopt by the Chengdu J-20 is not as high as the engine for the Sukhoi T-50.

Delay of WS-15? I think you are the one making this of the thin air.

STFU if you don't know a jacksh!t about Chinese.

Back
Top Bottom