What's new

New Jersey Powerball winner claims $338 million jackpot

fallstuff

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
New Jersey Powerball winner claims $338 million jackpot

Read more: New Jersey Powerball winner claims $338 million jackpot, says his days as a bodega worker are behind him - NY Daily News

powerball-jackpot.jpg

Pedro Quezada, the winner of the Powerball jackpot, talks to the media during a news conference at the New Jersey Lottery headquarters, Tuesday, March 26, 2013, in Lawrenceville, N.J. Quezada , 45, won the $338 million jackpot with the winning ticket he purchased at Eagle Liquors store in Passaic, N.J.

How does it feel to be a millionaire?

“Pure joy,” according to Dominican immigrant Pedro Quezada, who appeared at New Jersey lottery headquarters Tuesday to officially claim his $338 million Powerball jackpot.

The now-retired bodega owner said he has no idea what he’ll do with his millions, but he definitely wants to get a new car. Surrounded by his wife, Ines, and four brothers and two nephews, the lucky winner of New Jersey’s biggest Powerball prize grinned from ear to ear as he described the moment he realized he had the lucky ticket.

"I felt pure joy when I found out. Just happiness. I never thought I would win such a prize,” said the 45-year-old, who moved to Passaic when he was 19.

"The money is going to change my life but it won't change my heart,” he said.

But he has already retired from his job at his family bodega.

Read more: New Jersey Powerball winner claims $338 million jackpot, says his days as a bodega worker are behind him - NY Daily News

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom