What's new

New Islamabad Airport Progress

Will old airport be only used by paf ? Or just be used for domestics flight ??

So guys, ANOTHER 14 August came and went by!!

UPDATES? Specially the people who were CONFIRMING that the airport will be opened on 14th of August FOR SURE?

I LOVE seeing this picture every few months in the name of progress/development :P :D

Last edited:
So guys, ANOTHER 14 August came and went by!!

UPDATES? Specially the people who were CONFIRMING that the airport will be opened on 14th of August FOR SURE?
December opening. No guarantee though [emoji14]

What is the official date now for actual operations starting at the new airport ?? Any specific dates for inauguration announced yet?

20840869_476221792738282_6807375481238369860_n.jpg

The airport consists of 90 check in counters and a parking facility for 2 000 vehicles car parking for 22 000 vehicles a covered plaza area for 200 cars a control tower maintenance hangar a 15 gate terminal with ten remote gates a four star hotel convention centre duty free shops food court two runways six taxiways five aprons 15 passenger boarding bridges runway lightening system CATE III 150KMT cargo handling facility and 42 immigration counters.

The new airport had also introduced the highest baggage security system in the country five levels of security screening process for luggage.

New Islamabad International Airport would be opened for traffic by the end of current year, Minister for Parliamentary Affairs Sheikh Aftab Ahmed told National Assembly on Thursday. Answering the question of Ms Khalida Mansoor, he said the main features of airside infrastructure includes main and emergency runways, taxiways and apron for parking of 28 aircraft, including 15 passenger boarding bridges, cargo apron for parking of 3 aircraft, state apron for parking of 2 aircraft and aircraft maintenance apron.

He said the airport has numerous allied facilities including Airfield Lighting System, Navigational Aids, Hydrant Refuelinc System, Air Traffic Control & Fire Crash Resale buildings, Radio & Radar building, Water Works, Sewerage Treatment Plant and a Cargo Complex.
Likewise, the Passenger Terminal Building has a capacity to handle 9 million passenger per annum and includes systems for baggage handling flight information & display, elevators, escalators, travelators, fire alarm and fire protection system, heating ventilation & air conditioning system, data centers, communication systems, PABX, wireless LAN and many other systems essential for modem day airport operations.

The new Islamabad International Airport would be able to handle all modern commercial aircraft including Airbus 319, 320, 321, 330, 340, 350, 380 and Boeing 737, 747, 757, 767, 777, 787 etc, he added.

http://pakobserver.net/new-islamabad...open-december/

that is US or western way, but in Asia, we change money,:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: just kidding, but everyone knows what that means!

I know. I was just poking a little fun at what is a pretty nice airport. :D

It's also a simple fix. I'm nitpicking. :P

ISLAMABAD: National Highway Authority (NHA) spokesman Kashif Zaman told APP on Monday that the construction work of 25.6 kilometres Peshawar Mor—New Islamabad Airport Metro Bus Service is going smoothly and it is expected that the project would be completed by November this year.
He said that to ensure timely completion of the 15 billion rupees project, it has been divided into four packages including Package-I from Peshawar Mor to NUST, Package-II from NUST to GT Road, Package-III from GT Road to Motorway Interchange and Package-IV from Motorway Interchange to New airport.
He said that on Package-I, over 55 per cent civil work has been completed while its electro-mechanical works are at the procurement stage. As far as Package-II is concerned, it’s 30 per cent civil work has been completed and the electromechanical works are at the procurement stage. He added that on Package-III, 19 per cent civil work is completed while the electromechanical works are at the procurement stage. On Package-IV 72 per cent progress has been achieved on civil works and the electromechanical works are at procurement stage, he said.
The length of Package-I is 8 kilometres, length of Package-II is 3.8 kilometres, length of Package-III is 8.3 kilometres while Package-IV is 5.5 kilometres long.
Giving a breakup of the package-wise expenditure of the project, he said that the cost of the four packages would be Rs 6.58 billion, 5.5 billion, Rs 1.38 billion and 1.63 billion respectively.
The NHA spokesman said that the work on Packages-IV had started in June last year, on Package-III in March this year and work on packages I and II started in April 2017.
The project will have 9 bus stations including NHA Station, G-10 Station, NUST Station, G-1 Station, GT Road Station, Badana Kalan Station, M1-M2 Junction Station and Airport Station. The project will have 12 bridges, 26 culverts and 11 underpasses.

Back
Top Bottom