What's new

New Islamabad Airport Progress

All the people who are saying it does not look that great or its dull.Does it really matter it is a airport not a tourist attraction.As long as your baggage comes out quick and you dont have to line up for ever at passport control its good.

Over all the airport is okay - and brilliant compared to the WW2 vintage Chaklala. However the ATC building is a joke. Who designed it? 10 year old? ATC buildings offer a chance to design a iconic marker to the airport but not in this case.

nrvqb726ig8oswke6ayf.jpg

Over all the airport is okay - and brilliant compared to the WW2 vintage Chaklala. However the ATC building is a joke. Who designed it? 10 year old? ATC buildings offer a chance to design a iconic marker to the airport but not in this case.

nrvqb726ig8oswke6ayf.jpg
That black one is sooo beautiful! i wish they had hired creative people for designing Islamabad airport.

Btw guys what more u expect in 800Million USD?
Yeh I agree. That is not a lot of money. In other countries they would have spent ten times more. I guess we can hope in future they knock that ugly ATC thing down and give us a iconic tower that grabs our attention as you land.

Why name an airport, with a useless runway, after a philanthropist who slept on a old sofa?

This is contrary to my original wish.

i think its first step, too much room available for modernization ! so take it as first step is guys.

nrvqb726ig8oswke6ayf.jpg
Come on man, its not that bad!

3-Air-Traffic-Control-Tower.jpg

Whats wrong with this really?
Ccjidr8WAAAs9Fu.jpg

20545159_1417336645001993_7646359669270044800_o.jpg

20525763_10155581257549281_2580859612769483368_n.jpg

__

Pics Cant explain the Natural beauty ..which Surrounds NIIA... Amazingly beautiful view from Airport ...Runways... Green Hills.... beautiful Landscape.... !!

1.Mall/Food Courts/Play Area is Under construction Near Masjid/Parking.

2.Hotels: 3 Plots Sold by CAA for Hotels. 1 is purchased by PC group of Hotels & 1 by Grand Hayyat
on 1 Plot construction just started but cant confirm the name of Brand.

Render of hotel

18275230_217963305367818_1727265997886996467_n.jpg

There are now planning to add another runway and additional land being acquired
someone in the army told me a few months ago the new airports runway are too close to each other and are a disaster waiting to happen, he said even if the ingrate the airport it won't be able to run at full capacity as only one runway will be operational.

so i guess they've finally decided that the two run ways were too close to each other

So it's delayed till ?? Nov/Dec of 2017??
It'll open in December after the link road is complete and testing for flight ops has been done.
someone in the army told me a few months ago the new airports runway are too close to each other and are a disaster waiting to happen, he said even if the ingrate the airport it won't be able to run at full capacity as only one runway will be operational.

so i guess they've finally decided that the two run ways were too close to each other
There will be no disasters. Having two runways close to each other simply means they can't be used simultaneously like they were initially planning to have them, both will be open but only one can be used at a specific time. For example: if there is a landing on the left runway, an aircraft wanting to take off will hold short of the right runway and takeoff once the left runway has been vacated.

Back
Top Bottom