What's new

New Disneyland project launched in Shanghai

houshanghai

Reaction score
Society

(Xinhua)
Updated: 2010-11-05 10:21

SHANGHAI - Walt Disney Co clinched deal with a Shanghai firm Friday, marking the launching of a much-awaited theme park project in China's largest city.

The deal was reached with Shanghai Shendi Group Co Ltd, a company registered in August and inaugurated Friday for the development of Disney's Shanghai project.
An administrative committee was also inaugurated Friday for project management.

Shanghai's Disneyland received the green light from Chinese authorities last November. It was expected to cover a relatively small 4 square kilometers at a cost of 25 billion yuan ($3.6 billion).

002170196e1c0e3dabff0d.jpg

A man works at the site where Walt Disney Co's theme park will be built in Shanghai, July 22, 2010. [File photo/Asianewsphoto]

disney land in china, now thats a new thing...

its reflects chinese policies

not sure it's a good or bad decision to build the Disneyland.
but definitely a super great news for people who has apartments or houses around that area. the price has already rocketed up since the news was confirmed.:pop:

4 square kilometers??? How many attractions can you fit in that space?

When I was a kid, I used to dream of going to Disneyland in California. Wish one day something like this opens in India too.

Apparently, this will be expanded eventually to 1000+ acres. That will make it the world's largest Disneyland (eventually) and about 10 times as large as the one in California.

BTW, how does this relate to defense?

I've been to non-disney theme park when I was little and the experience is great. Being big is not everything, having cool roller coaster and other machines is not everything. A carefully designed environment/atmosphere can make a huge difference. There are lots of other cool themes aside from Disney.

I've been to non-disney theme park when I was little and the experience is great. Being big is not everything, having cool roller coaster and other machines is not everything. A carefully designed environment/atmosphere can make a huge difference. There are lots of other cool themes aside from Disney.

Which themepark was it?

It was a somewhat obscure one in Taiwan so I don't think you would know.
Come to think of it when you're little everything seems great.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom