What's new

New Chinese jet engine?

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
New Chinese jet engine?

China CFTE's jet engine testing platform (IL-76).

Look at the 1st engine, is it a vectoring nozzle of jet engine?

o1iNk.jpg

Now that WS-10 is finally being mass-produced, China looks like it's crossed it's Turbofan development threshold. Building one single engine is a different thing, mass-producing involves challenges like quality-control(all engines manufactured perform properly) and various component sub-contractors have to be able to deliver required quantities in order to keep the production line rolling.

Hopefully, with WS-10 on it's way now, some expertise from this would also help the WS-13 project, ridding us of the smokey and politically complicated Russian RD-93 option for future JF-17 blocks.

Photo is very vague, it does not prove anything. I doubt whether China mastered the technology, Russia has not sold any of the engine and related technologies, because they are worried about China plagiarism.

Photo is very vague, it does not prove anything. I doubt whether China mastered the technology, Russia has not sold any of the engine and related technologies, because they are worried about China plagiarism.

China's domestic engine is not related to the Russian engine, just prepare some common knowledge before trolling.

New Chinese jet engine?

China CFTE's jet engine testing platform (IL-76).
Look at the 1st engine, is it a vectoring nozzle of jet engine?
o1iNk.jpg

It is quite old news ... please read out the article below.
T first picture of the new Il-76 engine testbed is shown here. The aircraft was modified from a former Russian Il-76SKIP/Be-976 missile tracking aircraft (serial # RA-76456). The modification including the removal of the radar system took place in 2004 at the LII Flight Research Institute and the aircraft was handed over to China in mid-2005. The inner engine on the port side has been converted into an engine testbed, an arrangement similar to Russian Il-76LL engine testbed variant. Two large wingtip pods were retained which now might house engine monitoring instrument. Two small pods of unknown purpose (camera?) can be seen attached to the rear fuselage. The IL-76 engine testbed (serial # 76456/760) has entered the service with CFTE, replacing the old Tu-16 engine testbed. The aircraft is expected to be used for testing the new WS-10 series turbofan engines.
Last Updated 4/8/09
Chinese Military Aviation | China Air Force

Do you have a valid reason why it can't be WS-15?

The engine is definitely in development and WS-10 is already in service.

Do you have a valid reason why it can't be WS-15?

The engine is definitely in development and WS-10 is already in service.
do u expect china would show it's top secret technology in open & that too to RUSSIA ,common give me a break :pop:
BTW look post no 6

indians cant even make a toy plane engine.
indians atleast can make a decent mobile which can really last atleast 1yr , i bet chinese mobile wont:D

china already has the ws-10 equipped on the J-11B and J-15.
next will be the J-10B.

china is moving ahead and becoming self-sufficient while india still importing engines. they dont have the knowledge to make their own engines.
well the chinese had inducted j11b & j15 with their own engines as a show off that they can produce their own engines even if
the manufacturer of that engine himself says it is of poor quality .So even god cant also predict how long would it last :fie:
Chinese AVIC Top Head admits the Poor Quality of Jet Engine*|*China Military Power Mashup
well the russians wont sell engine for its copied product that is j11b & j15 so the chinese had no choice
but to induct it with their own engines

While russians are wooing Chinese to sell al 31f engines for J10b but whether they would buy it or not that depend upon them .
also j10b has Ws 10a engines already installed i assume

Well the million dollar question can china produce a 5th gen supercruise engine & if they do it then that would really be trememndous achievement for them

indians atleast can make a decent mobile which can really last atleast 1yr , i bet chinese mobile wont:D

Mine is made in China. Been using for 2 years and still works. My laptop 4 years and going strong.

well the chinese had inducted j11b & j15

J-15 (carrier-based) is still in prototype stages.

Article is three years old.

But yes, producing turbo-fan engines is going to be a challenge for China.

Mine is made in China. Been using for 2 years and still works. .
well what is it 's name i would buy it next time as i am slighly low in funds right now :D

J-15 (carrier-based) is still in prototype stages.
well dont worry it would be inducted soon they wont SU 33

Article is three years old.

But yes, producing turbo-fan engines is going to be a challenge for China.
well j11b with ws 10 engine is also 1-2 yr old not recently
but supercruise engine is a tough nut to crack

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

You mean J-20? Or DF-21D?

LOL! Don't use your myopic Indian mindset to conceive China's stuff.
well what brains u have ?? u are assuming i am saying J20 & DF21d in place of ws 15 ,well execllent:D

it could be WS-15

,It also may be the new mid-class turbofan engine (9500 kgf) is being tested in the CFTE's il76 testing platform now,but to WS15.

MxK5n.jpg

this model of chinese 9500 kgf new middle-class turbofan engine displayed at zhuhai airshow 2008
Vuu67.jpg

the official publicity materials about the engine and it have 3D tvc nozzle

JFT variant,JH7B,UAV can operate on the new engine in futue

I am sure with the number of engineers China is churning out its only a matter of time before they match the best and overtake the best in the market.

Back
Top Bottom