What's new

Nerpa nuclear submarine sets sail from Russia for India

Nerpa nuclear submarine sets sail from Russia for India
Nerpa+nuclear+submarine.JPG

MOSCOW (PTI): Russia has handed over a new nuclear powered submarine armed with torpedos and cruise missiles to India and the vessel has set sail for home with a mixed crew of Indian and Russian sailors.

The Akula class nuclear attack submarine on a ten year lease to the Indian Navy left its base on the Pacific coast earlier this week, bound for India, RIA Novosti and Interfax news agencies reported.

With the expected induction of Nerpa by year-end, it will be after 19 years that the Indian Navy would have a nuclear submarine in its fleet.

India's indigenous nuclear submarine INS Arihant is presently undergoing sea test trials.

However, an official of the shipyard said that the submarine was still undergoing final sea trials. The Russian Navy's Pacific Command refused to comment.

Reports said that the Nerpa submarine which has been re-christened INS Chakra leased at a cost of USD 650 million is accompanied by Russian instructors, who will help Indian naval crew to bring it to the new port of deployment.

Nerpa nuclear submarine sets sail from Russia for India ~ ASIAN DEFENCE NEWS
:lazy:

greaat news frndz
i hope d wait for INS Arihant doesnt stretch long

greaat news frndz
i hope d wait for INS Arihant doesnt stretch long

yes...... finally we got it.......now pakistan will tell we will have it one from china.

I have no where to ask this question so I`ll ask it here in a already thread.what happened to akula?

We have good things with Russia
we get every thing on lease even if there is a treaty banning this , if life time is 40 years then we take 10+ 10+ 10+ 10 years lease. So good thing with Russia.
We need both Nuke subs +nuke capable subs parallely .

We have good things with Russia
we get every thing on lease even if there is a treaty banning this , if life time is 40 years then we take 10+ 10+ 10+ 10 years lease. So good thing with Russia.
We need both Nuke subs +nuke capable subs parallely .
It would turn out to be very expensive. Its better that we follow the contract. After the lease period is over we have the option to purchase the sub.

how many nuke sub should we need ??

Suppose if we have 2 CBG (Carrier Battle Group, 1 led by Vikadi, other led by IAC) , we need 2 SSN each for guarding Aircraft carrier. 2 SSN each for guarding SSBN..

SO if we will have 2 Nuclear SSBN (Arihant Class) we need 4 Nuclear SSN. And 4 SSN for guarding CBG..

SSBN: Its like Fighter Bomber(Like Su34)
SSN: Its like Air superiority fighter (Like MKI or F22)

I have limited knowledge of Submarines

Back
Top Bottom