What's new

Negative rating protocol

Moderation team can still see it. So when you complain, they can review it. The post is deleted from member's board only. Unfortunately deleting posts is an SOP which cant be enforced even if it is changed.
ustaad jee ager koi ghareeb apna masla le ker a hi gya hai to 2-4 negtive ratings hata ker uski madad ker deen ap bhi :D

@WebMaster it's happen to me also what @jaunty said difference is I got notification of only one rating but I was given 3 . day before I had 5 negative ratings but suddenly it became 8 without notification of 2 ratings I received.

Moderation team can still see it. So when you complain, they can review it. The post is deleted from member's board only. Unfortunately deleting posts is an SOP which cant be enforced even if it is changed.

To complain about a negative rating the poster needs to know what he wrote in the first place. In some cases, he may not even remember for a deleted post. So the problem remains. People can't go around complaining about things that they themselves are not sure about.

That is of course assuming that one gets a notification, which is generally not the case for deleted posts.

I think I have explained it well enough multiple times for anybody to understand the problem here. Rest is up to you and @WebMaster

Thanks!

To complain about a negative rating the poster needs to know what he wrote in the first place. In some cases, he may not even remember for a deleted post. So the problem remains. People can't go around complaining about things that they themselves are not sure about.

That is of course assuming that one gets a notification, which is generally not the case for deleted posts.

I think I have explained it well enough multiple times for anybody to understand the problem here. Rest is up to you and @WebMaster

Thanks!

I will take it up with the boys, lets see if we can find a way to fix this issue.

I will take it up with the boys, lets see if we can find a way to fix this issue.

So you did it again? You are funny a man. Does it make you feel powerful?

That means 11 of my 13 negative ratings are given in a similar fashion. Rate negative and immediately delete the post and I am pretty sure most if not all of those are from you. Funnily the other two are also from you. :lol:

So you did it again? You are funny a man. Does it make you feel powerful?

That means 11 of my 13 negative ratings are given in a similar fashion. Rate negative and immediately delete the post and I am pretty sure most if not all of those are from you. Funnily the other two are also from you. :lol:

Not derailing the topic, and contributing instead would be immensely helpful.

Not derailing the topic, and contributing instead would be immensely helpful.

There are a few people whose negative rating I would value but you are not one of them. I can show you many posts of yours that deserve negative rating on similar grounds. Therefore I don't really care about them as long as they come from you or your likes which has been the case with me as majority of my ratings have come from you. I was just pointing out your silly juvenile games.

There are a few people whose negative rating I would value but you are not one of them. I can show you many posts of yours that deserve negative rating on similar grounds. Therefore I don't really care about them as long as they come from you or your likes which has been the case with me as majority of my ratings have come from you. I was just pointing out your silly juvenile games.

@Horus wont simply answer why he have to rate a post negatively before deleting it. If a post is that bad, give an infraction instead.

By deleting he is simply snatching the right to contest that rating.

@Horus wont simply answer why he have to rate a post negatively before deleting it. If a post is that bad, give an infraction instead.

By deleting he is simply snatching the right to contest that rating.

Deleted post will have the rating reviewed if needed. The right way to have ratings reviewed is simply to ask for one through that ratings review thread or GHQ.

Thanks!

Deleted post will have the rating reviewed if needed. The right way to have ratings reviewed is simply to ask for one through that ratings review thread or GHQ.

Thanks!

One simply dont remember what he had written in old posts. One should rationally take a call to contest that rating or not by self reviewing its content. So before contesting, the poster should ask to re-instate the post (if at all it was soft deleted and not hard deleted), before going straight to GHQ and loading team with un-necessary review requests.

The purpose of rating was to get a post deleted if 3 TT finds that post offensive, but if someone from mod team is deleting a post straight forward, it actually remove the necessity of negative rating. The poster can be warned as a deterrence/punishment.

I have got 10 in a single thread by a single guy CD and I poked him to get those.I knew they are ok so I dont have to flood you guys with review request, What if they had been deleted and I would have never know what the hell I wrote to get them?

Thanks!

What is the point of rating a post negatively if you are going to delete it the next moment? It defeats the whole purpose of negative rating. I am not talking about posts which were rated negatively by someone and then subsequently deleted by someone else later. The game played by Horus here is that he rates it and then immediately deletes it. One would not even know why one is getting a negative rating unless it comes with a warning too, which is how I knew it. As I said before, 11 of my 13 ratings were given by the same person in a similar fashion. So this is not a one off. It is a deliberate "juvenile" game played by him.

A system where a negative or positive rating gets removed on deletion of the post/thread is the only way to stop such repeated childish acts.

The purpose of rating was to get a post deleted if 3 TT finds that post offensive, but if someone from mod team is deleting a post straight forward, it actually remove the necessity of negative rating. The poster can be warned as a deterrence/punishment.

Exactly. Just one correction. 3 negative ratings make a post hidden where the reader will have to click on it to view it. If you are going to delete the post in the next second what is the point of rating it? But just as I said before, this kind of infantile behavior is very much expected of the person concerned. Your ability to monitor a forum 24*7 does not necessarily make you mature. Also don't expect any change.

Back
Top Bottom