What's new

Negative rating protocol

wo lo kitaab wala baba a gya :partay:

pdf rules book:chilli:

27708.jpg

It was about abuse of power and I felt that it was something the @WebMaster should know. I am always chill.

Human nature will always come into this. Like i said its very normal on internet as they will never give positive rating to something they remotely disagree on and may give negative rating to any post they may feel offended on irrespective of whether the post is greatly written or greatly explained and makes some good points as well. the problem is what can one do to counter such actions.

The only way this can be controlled is if webbie introduces a form of punishment for ratings givers that if they get three legitimate complaints then their power will be taken from them but that gives rise to another problem. How to determine which complaint is legitimate and which isnt. One can introduce a judging system which includes posters of all countries available here who are considered the top posters from their respective countries and give their opinion about the complaint but that is seriously hard to implement. :P :P :P

the punishment one is very possible.

i've gotten 2 by him… so can you reverse them?

Send links

That is precisely the point I was trying to make. When you delete the post immediately after rating it negatively and impose a thread ban there is no option to contest such ratings. It is abuse of power and I am pretty sure you know very well who is that abuser I am talking about. :lol:

Posts are deleted upon all violations, if you ask for a review they can be undeleted.

I posted this on the other thread but I wasn't sure if that was the appropriate place, so cross posting it here again:

@WebMaster

I just wanted a clarification about this silly game that one person likes to play. I ask this because almost all 10 of my negative ratings have been awarded in that fashion by one particular person who once did not like me calling his idol "Taliban Khan" whereas many people use that with impunity. The game is

1) Award negative rating.
2) Immediately delete the post.
3) Follow it by a thread ban.
4) Often follow it by a warning (optional)

Is this a valid protocol? What is the point of giving negative rating to a post when you are going to delete it immediately? Doesn't it sort of defeat the purpose? It also leaves me without the option of contesting that rating.

I was wondering if a system where everything associated with a deleted post (ratings/thanks) gets deleted would be a better option.

Source: Wrong Post Ratings | Page 35
I am right next to you... 9 ratings in same thread by one person... recently I received a negative funny thing is.. He didn't even understand my post... assumed himself. . gave me negative rating. . I think he is Muguwap. .. I don't even got alert for the next negative rating. .. Some guys giving negative ratings without valid reason. .

Human nature will always come into this. Like i said its very normal on internet as they will never give positive rating to something they remotely disagree on and may give negative rating to any post they may feel offended on irrespective of whether the post is greatly written or greatly explained and makes some good points as well. the problem is what can one do to counter such actions.

The only way this can be controlled is if webbie introduces a form of punishment for ratings givers that if they get three legitimate complaints then their power will be taken from them but that gives rise to another problem. How to determine which complaint is legitimate and which isnt. One can introduce a judging system which includes posters of all countries available here who are considered the top posters from their respective countries and give their opinion about the complaint but that is seriously hard to implement. :P :P :P

the punishment one is very possible.

My problem is not the negative rating itself although I don't like the system personally and think it serves no real purpose. Besides there is already a system by which one can contest against a rating if one feels it was unjust. But the thing I wanted to bring into the notice of Webmaster is how it has been enforced.

Ufff:cheers: .......bhai apne jaani dhusman se negative rating ka matlab tumne kuch positive hi likha hai........ Chill maro.....

Posts are deleted upon all violations, if you ask for a review they can be undeleted.

Very convenient. But when the rater follows the technique I described in the OP which I am sure you are very familiar with, one does not even get a notification and if the post was deleted one generally has no idea which post of his was rated negatively or what he wrote. That way your review system gets eliminated from the process.

Very convenient. But when the rater follows the technique I described in the OP which I am sure you are very familiar with, one does not even get a notification and if the post was deleted one generally has no idea which post of his was rated negatively or what he wrote. That way your review system gets eliminated from the process.

Do you get an alert when getting a rating?

Do you get an alert when getting a rating?

If you delete the post immediately after rating it then generally you don't get an alert.

Even if you get an alert, then there are still a few problems. The post would not be there. So unless one remembers what one wrote, how would one contest it? If it's a slightly older post then you practically have no idea. Not to talk about the consequent thread ban that generally follows.

If you delete the post immediately after rating it then generally you don't get an alert.

Even if you get an alert, then there are still a few problems. The post would not be there. So unless one remembers what one wrote, how would one contest it? If it's a slightly older post then you practically have no idea. Not to talk about the consequent thread ban that generally follows.

Just check your alert settings and if there is no anomaly, let me know. I will try to get it fixed through the alert system.

Just check your alert settings and if there is no anomaly, let me know. I will try to get it fixed through the alert system.

That is a secondary issue. If you delete the post the alert is of no use because the post itself won't be there as I have explained above.

How about following this simple system instead?

1) If you rate a post negatively, let it be there so that the person gets a chance to see the post.

2) If you have to delete a post, don't rate it.

Last edited:
OP thanks for opening up this thread.
Even I am confuse how the negative ratings work

See my first post (by Viny) and its rating and see the last post (by Jarha) and its ratings. Both had same content.
Still I got 3 negative rating other got none. And for sure there was nothing negative as such in the post.

tmp.jpg

tmp1.jpg

You basically wished for the demise of our nation and see nothing negative? You seriously are thick then.

@Oscar where did I wish the demise of Pakistan.
I said would Pakistan be there is a big question of the time.
It can be there or it cannot be there given the geopolitical and internal situations. It already divided once in last 68yrs of its independence.

I never said I wish there is no Pakistan.
Please dont make wrong interpretations.
And why do you make a negative about Pakistan from a conditional statement.
With Gods grace every country on this world should live with peace for ever.

That is a secondary issue. If you delete the post the alert is of no use because the post itself won't be there as I have explained above.

How about following this simple system instead?

1) If you rate a post negatively, let it be there so that the person gets a chance to see the post.

2) If you have to delete a post, don't rate it.

Moderation team can still see it. So when you complain, they can review it. The post is deleted from member's board only. Unfortunately deleting posts is an SOP which cant be enforced even if it is changed.

Back
Top Bottom