What's new

Nawaz Sharif was against Pakistan’s nuclear tests: Railways Minister Sheikh Rasheed

Even a kid in Pakistan knows that Nawaz Sharif had very little to do with Pakistan nuclear tests. He also knew that he couldn't go against militarily wishes.

Funny thing is, same Noora (Nawaz Sharif) and his die hard followers claims that he was in full control over nuclear tests decision where as an year later, his entire cabinet later claims that they didn't knew a jack about Kargil operation. So in a nutshell, things which favors them, they owned them diligently while which do not, they became complete oblivion to them. Fact of the matter is, Nawaz Sharif was never a politician , he was always considered as a businessmen, he just came into prominence to restrict Benazir. Though to his advantage, his govt always performed much better than PPP.

To conclude the topic, Nawaz Sharif was lucky that time, he was PM of Pakistan and had to deliver the announcement speech. That was his only role. Period. Similarly he also had nothing to do with Kargil operation. Kargil op was completely Musharaf's master plan.

That's the cover story.

Nawaz was beckoned to go to the US on an emergency basis at the behest of panicked generals. You see, when the Indians began mobilizing troops in the region, when bofors guns had arrived which Musharraf never anticipated, when casualties began to mount on our side and blood soaked ambulances and choppers were arriving in field hospitals, when IAF Mirages were given free reign to bomb our positions, when Indians lobbed smoke shells on our positions forcing men out of their positions into open air followed by airburst munitions... we had little to no response.

And of course how could we respond effectively? Our official stance due to the wisdom of Musharraf and his band of fools was that these were Mujahideen non-state actors, Pakistani state and army was not involved. Why and how would we step in to a conflict across LoC into Indian held side for the sake people who supposedly weren't Pakistani troops? Indians also prepared for this by deploying elsewhere, there was a looming threat of escalation.

Already other army commanders began protesting and airing concerns, when truth finally came out. Musharraf's gang of four were in a state of panic. Lt Gen Mahmud Ahmed approached some of these other generals, they gave him a thorough dressing down and rapprochement. Tololing had just fallen to the Indians at this time, Musharraf's narrative is a complete lie. It was in the first few days of July that Musharraf and his gang of four desperately beseeched Nawaz to go to the US and to get Clinton to mediate.

any evidence or source for that claim ?

Exactly....Nawaz Sharif went to USA to save grace of Pakistan Army in Kargil...this is the fact stated by numerous Generals in TV Interviews....I have found one record and sharing it for all...

Starting from General Jamshed Gulzar Kiani.....

I was following the Pakistani news very closely after the Indian atomic blasts. Reading whatever I could on the internet and listening to Pakistan TV Channel (later became ARY). If I recollect correctly, people in favor of conducting the Atomic tests were Mushahid Hussein Syed (Minister of Information & Broadcasting), Gohar Ayub (Foreign Minister), and Gen Jahangir Karamat (COAS), Dr. AQ Khan and Benazir Bhutto who was then leader of the opposition. Sartaj Aziz, special adviser on Foreign Affairs was against the tests whereas Nawaz Sharif, under pressure from Clinton, was dilly-dallying.

Sh. Rashid was Minister for Railways and may or may not have been among those who were for the tests. His name was not mentioned in the media as he had never been part of the inner circle of Nawaz Sharif.

IMHO, Sh Rashid is being rather presumptuous to imply that he was one of the main persons in the decision making, but then he is a ‘Wily’ politician. How else could he manage to become a Federal Minister under Nawaz Sharif, under Musharraf and now also in the PTI gov’t? I leave it to the readers to decide how credible he is.

Last edited:
its irrelevant who was for or against tests..as both approaches had its up and down..
though history suggest retrospectively testing was right decision ..
(pS having nuclear weapons and openlytesting are two different things..pakistan probably had them since 1988 when zia hinted it)

General knowledge. It was the Pak army that went ahead.

Nawaz Sharif is truly an Indian. Not only in words, but also in deeds. Absolutely nothing wrong with that except when Nawaz Sharif starts undermining Pak interests due to his Indian affiliations.

It is a good thing Nawaz Sharif has been booted out of Pakistan. He can now live happily in the UK. It is a win win for both Nawaz Sharif and Pakistan. Luckily conflicts can be sorted out cordially.
I'm not pro Nawaz...but this guy seriously needs to STFU. He is a railway minister...but his need for attention dwarfs the hunger for attention of ppl like Kim Kardashian.

These dumbass ministers need to focus on their respective jobs...in his case he needs to make the railway profitable. If he needs to open his mouth then open it to share stats about Pakistan railways.

Last edited:
Ignore this lying idiot Sheikh Rasheed. Already "Failed" minister of Railways.

General knowledge. It was the Pak army that went ahead.

Nawaz Sharif is truly an Indian. Not only in words, but also in deeds. Absolutely nothing wrong with that except when Nawaz Sharif starts undermining Pak interests due to his Indian affiliations.

It is a good thing Nawaz Sharif has been booted out of Pakistan. He can now live happily in the UK. It is a win win for both Nawaz Sharif and Pakistan. Luckily conflicts can be sorted out cordially.

Reality is Pak Army and Chief Karamat after discussion with Core, rested the case with government to decide on conducting Nuke Bombs tests.

if it helps, Sheikh Roshid is pro Nawaz.
No it doesn't help...nor do I care...about a past event that doesn't matter(like Nawaz being against or for nuclear tests). This shit(Sheikh Rashid coming on TV and saying that) is a simple attempt at scoring brownie points and getting media attention. The focus of the government and all these ministers should be on the economy and improving the lives of the ppl rather than scoring brownie points and getting media attention.

No it doesn't help...nor do I care...about a past event that doesn't matter(like Nawaz being against or for nuclear tests). This shit(Sheikh Rashid coming on TV and saying that) is a simple attempt at scoring brownie points and getting media attention. The focus of the government and all these ministers should be on the economy and improving the lives of the ppl rather than scoring brownie points and getting media attention.

They don't care.

It is your emaan that is in danger that Imran Khan can or will and has failed.

They don't care.

It is your emaan that is in danger that Imran Khan can or will and has failed.
I don't have emaan on humans...much less politicians. It is just a hope...having tried the PPP and PML-N many times and getting nowhere...perhaps with IK it will be different...that's the hope. Only time will tell how it turns out...some things(before the whole COVID situation) did seem promising...much remains to be seen.

I don't have emaan on humans...much less politicians. It is just a hope...having tried the PPP and PML-N many times and getting nowhere...perhaps with IK it will be different...that's the hope. Only time will tell how it turns out...some things(before the whole COVID situation) did seem promising...much remains to be seen.

it wasn't promising. it was just cosmetics.

i dread that there will be mass agitation in Pakistan due to incompetence and in midst of it, India will pounce.

this foreign imposed imf cuckoo niazi is an agent of chaos sent as the 4th horseman to Pakistan

it wasn't promising. it was just cosmetics.
Cosmetics? Care to explain?
i dread that there will be mass agitation in Pakistan due to incompetence and in midst of it, India will pounce.
India is in the same condition of nearing mass agitation...economy suffering and their border hot with China...it is highly unlikely they will pounce.
this foreign imposed imf cuckoo niazi is an agent of chaos sent as the 4th horseman to Pakistan
I'm not sure if u r serious or trolling. I don't dabble in conspiracy theories.

Cosmetics? Care to explain?
The same system only rigged to show numbers of selected manipulation. You can simply study the stock exchange and the stakeholder trends.
India is in the same condition of nearing mass agitation...economy suffering and their border hot with China...it is highly unlikely they will pounce.
they will.
I'm not sure if u r serious or trolling. I don't dabble in conspiracy theories.
I don't need to troll.

The colonial pet project of New Guinea speaks for itself.

The same system only rigged to show numbers of selected manipulation. You can simply study the stock exchange and the stakeholder trends.
Im not an expert on economy. So I can't really soft through these details. Some UNBIASED economic expert will have to dumb things down for me.
they will.
If India attacks in present conditions...they will pay dearly for it.
I don't need to troll.

The colonial pet project of New Guinea speaks for itself.
Not familiar with it.

Better than being adopted and raised by Modi.

I pride myself for being a Pak army supporter. I wish I was adopted by GHQ Pakistan. How about you?

Only in Pakistan is the army vilified. No other country shits on their army like this..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom