What's new

Navy's MiG29 superior to IAF's Sukhoi 30

Thanks. It gives info about contemporary Russian radars for fighter aircrafts. Also it clearly mentions that Bars is better than Zhuk-ME (I hate this radar). Though Zhuk-ME's surface/sea detection capability is still good but air-to-air range sucks. I always said Zhuk-ME is a shortcoming of the beautiful fighter Mig-29K. They should go for Zhuk-AE/MSFE or 2052.
Yeah. For some reason, IN thought Zhuk-ME was enough.

----

Regarding BARS, I found another info, but it's from a pakistani forum without any link, and the content may have been tampered with. Also it's a bit old.

A further derivative of the N011 phased-array radar is being fitted to India's Su-30MKI two-seat fighters. The N011M is a multi-mode, dual-frequency (X- and L-band channels) radar that can track 15 air targets and engage four to six targets simultaneously (including motionless targets, such as helicopters). The search range for a target with a 2 sq. m RCS is 80 to 100 km in a head-on position, or 30 to 40 km in a tail-on position. A fighter-size target can be detected at a maximum range of 140 km. The maximum search range for large air targets, such as AWACS, is 400 km. In an air-to-ground mode, it can acquire surface targets at ranges of up to 200 km and provide ground-mapping, terrain-following and terrain-avoidance functions. Small ground targets, like tanks, could be detected out to 40 to 50 km. The radar can also detect naval targets; destroyer-size ships are detected at a range of 120 to 150 km. An interesting feature of the radar is its capability of recognizing air and ground targets based on their unique characteristics in cooperation with IFF. According to the manufacturer, the radar can identify targets using a non-cooperative IFF method.

Pakistani Defence Forum > Russian Airborne Radars, Complete Report.

So if the above is true then Max Search Range for N-011M BARS for a 2sqm target is 100km. IIRC, Search range is another term for Target Detection.

Dear Sir,

• using a lot of light, quick, relatively cheap aircraft

Are u out of mind?
Cost of F-16 blk 52 was $83mn(in 2006/when PAF ordered)

(36 F-16s blk 52 = $3bn)

And some of indians say that PAF is getting these equipment in low prices, i was wondering what will be the price of F-16blk 52 in 2010 with out concession!

not to forget that the MKI has the superior Israeli EWS.

Superior then american tech?
U peoples are hypocrite, USA gives tech to israel, and USA has better tech so F-16 blk 52 ECM is much better as compared to israeli!

No need to talk to this kiddo(Hasnain2009)
USA offers tech to Israel?
OMG it shows your knowledge.
I wont waste time on you in the future.
USA has offered jet fuel and bunker bombs to Israel,ONLY!
Israel ? United States relations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:hitwall::hitwall:

Last time i checked F-16s/F-15s/F-18s are techs developed by USA, and u would hit wall again by knowing that israel is using these aircrafts:hitwall: :rofl::rofl:

Just tell me which country has better technology in defence? Israel or USA?

Last time i checked F-16s/F-15s/F-18s are techs developed by USA, and u would hit wall again by knowing that israel is using these aircrafts:hitwall: :rofl::rofl:

Just tell me which country has better technology in defence? Israel or USA?

Keep shifting the topics :)
First its transfer of tech to Israel and now better tech?
If USA had transferred its tech to Israel, then both are the same right?
No comparison?

these are the planes you got in donation ... they will anyways be souped up for ground support role rather than air superiority....

First of all PAF paid for these aircrafts, even if they are donated by USA, i think they will not disobey PAF pilots's order to fire Aim-120c.

guys.I love both of these aircrafts alot be it su30MKI or Mig29K:cheers:....can anybody here guide me on from where to download HD quality video for these aicrafts. I want to see them on my LCD. Tried youtube where we have lot of videos but no download option there.:undecided:

First of all PAF paid for these aircrafts, even if they are donated by USA, i think they will not disobey PAF pilots's order to fire Aim-120c.

nopes..PAF got it for WOT....and it can fire Aim 120c but the radar would be more optimized for terrain matching...

Su30 seems to be in advantageous position than F16 but their are many aspects that has to be kept in mind.

F16 is the most proven combat jet fighter in history and none can deny that. So F16 has a reputation to live upto.

Su30 is a biiiig plane, a wide wing span, two big engines, lots of heat thus high RCS which is a big disadvantage in front of any potent fourth generation battle proven jet like F-16.

RCS does not depend on heat. RCS purely depends structural anomalies which reflects back the radar waves to the transmitter; unlike F22 which deflects it in a other direction or absorbs them.

Engine heat - will be a problem if a missile with passive seeker is fired.But there are counter measure to these.

Imagine these -- F15 another succesfull fighter (impeccable record) is a twin engined beast and very similar to MKI. It hasnt faced this problem yet.

Most of the specs clearly speaks in favour of MKI such as its radar range is almost 350Km for bigger targets but question is when it will be able to track small fighter having really low RCS. MKI's radar is mainly for bigger targets than an F16 but F16/52 BVR missle AMRAAM considered the best in world and can track MKI from a large distance. Thus radar range advantage of MKI is mitigated here.

F16 RCS is low but not that low. In all probability MKI will be the first one to look at the F16 and fire a shot at F16-- This would be to purely to gain tactical advantage. .i.e Fire the missile , so that F16 pilot will not have time to fire his AMRAM (he will be on defensive). AMRAM is a potent missile -- possibly the best but you should know that Of the 15 fired in combat , only 6 have hit their target. --- I dont have the source - but this is public knowledge

I will try post more on how to defect AMRAM.

As far maneuverability of both jets is concerned!!! both are renowned for high maneuverability. Thus no advantage for any jet here.
MKI has thrust vectoring but big size, F16 doesn't have thrust vectoring but small size and highly maneuverable design.

MKI has higher speed , better TWR ration , good ECM , great payload and more important -- HUGE NUMBERS -- 124 inducted at the moment ,will be going upto 270's.

aim 120d not with pakistan --atleast not yet.

In a dogfight.

PAF pilots is one of the Most experienced air forces which has used F-16 . Over 30+ years of Pilot experience with Vipers mean something!!

This point hardly makes sense in a debate --- Experience is a relative term ! You really cant measure it or compare it with any other AF.

IAF pilots has more than 10 years of exp on Su 30 ...almost 3 decades on Mig 29....priceless experience on russian fighters...they know the limits of russian fighters and how to fight with it --- further they are refining it with excercises with other AF's.

So you see , you really cannot compare. It is pointless.

Su-30 is highly maneuverable but F-16 can beat its TVC advantage by smart electronics and Infrared guided weapons and not to forget JHMCS.

Smart electronics ....you do know that MKI has Israeli ECM...they are very much comparable to American ECM. Point to note that -- Israelis have their own ECM (Elsira , i believe) in their F16 and similarly for their F15.... they did not opt for the American ECM.

JHMCS -- is further evolution of DASH helmet mounted system from Elbit. Su 30 MKI has topsight I from thales which is very good also...dont see that much of a difference.

Now pilots ability also counts in such battles apart of machine, and PAF pilots are renowned world's best pilots with lot of appreciation from around the world for their abilities.

That is BS....as far as i am concerned -- pilots from any country are good (except maybe Arabs).IAF is not exactly a sitting duck for your pilots to come and take a shot at it.

Anyways you cant compare , that is my point.

Thus I proved my point that potent jet can easily beat Su30 MKI, which is truly hyped up jet.

F16 is legendary --- my respect for that. It would be interesting to see the combat. However --- you can look at from this perspective ...Can F16 beat F15 (similar to MKI in mission profile). Maybe sometimes --- but can F15 beat F16 ---most definetly yes.

Even in F16s PAF pilots in Turkey flying against Typhoon has killed Typhoon three out of three times in a dog fight..
You know waqas bhai , pilots bragging about the exploits is another matter ...and plane is another matter....Typhoon is not yet a mature fighter , pilots still are taking their time to learn the aircraft. You know in cope india -- Mig 21 Bison downed F15 many times --- what does that prove ? Nothing ...it was just bragging...

On a side note -- i dont know how that pilot can be even aithorised to say all these.

Superior then american tech?
U peoples are hypocrite, USA gives tech to israel, and USA has better tech so F-16 blk 52 ECM is much better as compared to israeli!

Just ask yourself...

why did they use the same 8222 in their F15s instead of the original US one?
why are the Israeli F16 Sufa said to be the most capable F16 version below the Block 60, which are also customised with Israeli avionics?
why did they wanted their own EL 2032 radar for Sufas and now even want NG avionics over the US in F35?
why did the RSAF upgraded several avionics with Israeli systems?
why did they also choose the Phalcon AWACS over new E-2s?
why did the US companies co-developed JHMCS with Elbit?

When it comes to avionics, radar, or missile technologies, the Israelis belongs to the best in the world and that's why also China wanted many things from them (Python 3 missiles, Phalcon AWACS, Levi fighter, 2032 radar...).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom