What's new

Navy successfully test-fires Brahmos supersonic missile

Laozi

Reaction score
Country
India
India today successfully test-fired the BrahMos supersonic cruise missile today.
India TV News Desk, New Delhi [Updated:21 Apr 2017, 4:27 PM]
brahmos-f-1492770840.jpg

India today successfully test-fired a land-attack BrahMos supersonic cruise missile today.

"Land attack version of BrahMos supersonic cruise missile was fired for the first time from an Indian Navy's stealth frigate, off the eastern coast, at a land target," said a source in the Ministry of Defence.

"So, far only anti-ship version of BrahMos had been fired by Indian Navy," the source added.

This puts India in a select club of nations with such capability.

The land-attack version of BrahMos has been operationalised in the Indian Army since 2007.

The BrahMos missile, with a range of 290 km and a Mach 2.8 speed, is capable of being launched from land, sea and sub-sea pads against sea and land targets.

BrahMos, jointly developed by India and Russia, is considered the only supersonic cruise missile in the world. The missile was first inducted in the India Navy in 2005.

http://www.indiatvnews.com/news/india-navy-successfully-test-fires-brahmos-supersonic-missile-378115

India today successfully test-fired the BrahMos supersonic cruise missile today.
India TV News Desk, New Delhi [Updated:21 Apr 2017, 4:27 PM]
brahmos-f-1492770840.jpg

India today successfully test-fired a land-attack BrahMos supersonic cruise missile today.

"Land attack version of BrahMos supersonic cruise missile was fired for the first time from an Indian Navy's stealth frigate, off the eastern coast, at a land target," said a source in the Ministry of Defence.

"So, far only anti-ship version of BrahMos had been fired by Indian Navy," the source added.

This puts India in a select club of nations with such capability.

The land-attack version of BrahMos has been operationalised in the Indian Army since 2007.

The BrahMos missile, with a range of 290 km and a Mach 2.8 speed, is capable of being launched from land, sea and sub-sea pads against sea and land targets.

BrahMos, jointly developed by India and Russia, is considered the only supersonic cruise missile in the world. The missile was first inducted in the India Navy in 2005.

http://www.indiatvnews.com/news/india-navy-successfully-test-fires-brahmos-supersonic-missile-378115

While China and Russia are testing Hypersonic missile India is living in the dream world of having only supersonic cruise missile ,,, what a joke ...

Even Pakistan has deployed supersonic Cruise Missile even faster than Brahmos and i.e. CM400 AKG ...

While China and Russia are testing Hypersonic missile India is living in the dream world of having only supersonic cruise missile ,,, what a joke ...

Even Pakistan has deployed supersonic Cruise Missile even faster than Brahmos and i.e. CM400 AKG ...
If you think it is a joke then have a good laugh

Yes we know that India is far behind Russia and China and we are trying to do the catch-up

Of course Pakistan has much superior weapons than us but please convince your think tanks who disagree with people like you
https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2017/04/21/indian-belligerence-forcing-pakistan-past-parity-quest/

Yes we know that India is far behind Russia and China and we are trying to do the catch-up

Of course Pakistan has much superior weapons than us but please convince your think tanks who disagree with people like you
https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2017/04/21/indian-belligerence-forcing-pakistan-past-parity-quest/

How is India far behind China and Russian when even US has nothing that can stop Brahmos. Only India with its Barak 8 can stop Brahmos. So India is far ahead of China and Russia and even the US. Russia for sure as they develop the missile but does not even have the capability to develop the platform to launch Brahmos. So when it comes to missiles, India is way ahead of US,
Russia and China. India is clearly on the way to be the superpower by 2012, with Brahmos leading the charge.

What a stupid chest thimping reply ... i commented on just one aspect of the post that brahmos is not the only supersonic missile and even Pakistan has supersonic missile deployed even faster than brahmos .. if you have issue kindly counter with proof stop crying like kids ...

Brahmos is not something out of the world ... i can post dozen of articles where indian think tanks are praising Pakistan for qualitative superiority ... so stop posting opinion based articles and if you have some material to proof that brahmos is most superior missile and only hypersonic missile than put of facts otherwise stop bitching around ....

Pakistan has not purchased any Cm-400AKG.
Yes it was tested but its purchase was not done.
I think you need to check Pakistan purchase history ... it is even reported on Pakistan annual report ...

Brahmos shuper shonic anti ship 1960s era missile
Don't worry it will give your chiefs & media houses a hot head for some time.
We are nowhere near pinnacle of engineering Pakistan :lol:

Ministry of Defence
21-April, 2017 16:11 IST
Maiden Firing of BrahMos Land Attack Supersonic Cruise Missile

Indian Navy successfully undertook the firing of BrahMos Land Attack Supersonic Cruise Missile from a ship today. This variant of Long Range BrahMos Missile was fired from Indian Naval Ship Teg, a Guided Missile Frigate, on a target on land. BrahMos Missile has been jointly developed by India and Russia, and its Anti Ship variant has already been inducted into Indian Navy. Majority of the frontline ships of Indian Navy, like the Kolkata, Ranvir and Teg classes of ships, are capable of firing this missile. Land Attack variant of BrahMos Missile provides Indian Naval Ships the capability to precisely neutralise selected targets deep inland, far away from coast, from stand-off ranges at sea.

This successful maiden firing of BrahMos Land Attack Supersonic Cruise Missile has significantly enhances the prowess of Indian Navy and has placed India into the club of select few nations.

What a stupid chest thimping reply ... i commented on just one aspect of the post that brahmos is not the only supersonic missile and even Pakistan has supersonic missile deployed even faster than brahmos .. if you have issue kindly counter with proof stop crying like kids ...

Brahmos is not something out of the world ... i can post dozen of articles where indian think tanks are praising Pakistan for qualitative superiority ... so stop posting opinion based articles and if you have some material to proof that brahmos is most superior missile and only hypersonic missile than put of facts otherwise stop bitching around ....

It is the world's fastest anti-ship cruise missile in operation.[14][15][16] The missile travels at speeds of Mach 2.8 to 3.0.[8] The land-launched and ship-launched versions are already in service, with the air and submarine-launched versions currently in the testing phase.[17] An air-launched variant of BrahMos is planned which came out in 2012. A hypersonic version of the missile, BrahMos-II, is also presently under development with speed of Mach 7-8 to boost aerial fast strike capability. It is expected to be ready for testing by 2017.[18]
source
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BrahMos

Do you know first known use of an anti-ship missile against land targets in the world??

It was Op Trident, Styx missile boats hitting Oil reserves in Karachi port in 1971 war. This test reminded me of history of anti-ship missile used for land targets. And now derivative is ready too.

Do you know first known use of an anti-ship missile against land targets in the world??

It was Op Trident, Styx missile boats hitting Oil reserves in Karachi port in 1971 war. This test reminded me of history of anti-ship missile used for land targets. And now derivative is ready too.
Yes , but those anti -ship missiles didn't fire from land and neither from air ,

It is the world's fastest anti-ship cruise missile in operation.[14][15][16] The missile travels at speeds of Mach 2.8 to 3.0.[8] The land-launched and ship-launched versions are already in service, with the air and submarine-launched versions currently in the testing phase.[17] An air-launched variant of BrahMos is planned which came out in 2012. A hypersonic version of the missile, BrahMos-II, is also presently under development with speed of Mach 7-8 to boost aerial fast strike capability. It is expected to be ready for testing by 2017.[18]
source
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BrahMos
If wikipedia is your source then kindly check Pakistan's cruise missile.

Its mach 4 to 5 ... and i am not quoting other missiles which are more fast ...

Brahmos 2 is just a concept whereas chinese hypersonic glide vehicles are already tested ...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/YJ-12

Nope there there is no mention of CM400AKG in ModP annual report.
I have seen that myself here is the extract ...

https://www.google.com.pk/imgres?im...7bTAhXLsI8KHeubAF4QMwhkKD0wPQ&iact=mrc&uact=8

If wikipedia is your source then kindly check Pakistan's cruise missile.

Its mach 4 to 5 ... and i am not quoting other missiles which are more fast ...

Brahmos 2 is just a concept whereas chinese hypersonic glide vehicles are already tested ...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/YJ-12
Dear Sir,

I have already acknowledged that your country is superior to us.

you asked me for a source of information about Brahmos which I had provided to you.

Let me assure you that I never doubt capabilities of your mighty country and I am totally convinced that you have the stockpile of best missiles, the world has ever produced.

Regards

Back
Top Bottom