What's new

Navy successfully test-fires Brahmos supersonic missile

Ministry of Defence
21-April, 2017 16:11 IST
Maiden Firing of BrahMos Land Attack Supersonic Cruise Missile

Indian Navy successfully undertook the firing of BrahMos Land Attack Supersonic Cruise Missile from a ship today. This variant of Long Range BrahMos Missile was fired from Indian Naval Ship Teg, a Guided Missile Frigate, on a target on land. BrahMos Missile has been jointly developed by India and Russia, and its Anti Ship variant has already been inducted into Indian Navy. Majority of the frontline ships of Indian Navy, like the Kolkata, Ranvir and Teg classes of ships, are capable of firing this missile. Land Attack variant of BrahMos Missile provides Indian Naval Ships the capability to precisely neutralise selected targets deep inland, far away from coast, from stand-off ranges at sea.

This successful maiden firing of BrahMos Land Attack Supersonic Cruise Missile has significantly enhances the prowess of Indian Navy and has placed India into the club of select few nations.

Instead of converting Brahmos, which is an anti ship missile for land attack role. India should fix its so far failed land attack cruise missile. Brahmos has no terrain hugging ability and it will slam into a hill if it's flying at a low profile. If it flies at a high profile, might as well use a ballistic missile.

Last edited:
Good development.

The Klubs of our inventory too will soon have their original range revealed.

How is India far behind China and Russian when even US has nothing that can stop Brahmos. Only India with its Barak 8 can stop Brahmos. So India is far ahead of China and Russia and even the US. Russia for sure as they develop the missile but does not even have the capability to develop the platform to launch Brahmos. So when it comes to missiles, India is way ahead of US,
Russia and China. India is clearly on the way to be the superpower by 2012, with Brahmos leading the charge.
Bro,I know what the general Mr ZHANG was sending U on mission.lol,to be continue......

Dear Sir,

I have already acknowledged that your country is superior to us.

you asked me for a source of information about Brahmos which I had provided to you.

Let me assure you that I never doubt capabilities of your mighty country and I am totally convinced that you have the stockpile of best missiles, the world has ever produced.

Regards
Totally agree, nobody is your competition buddy on earth maybe milky way has a chance.

I have never seen more gyani singh than @faithfulguy finally hit the ignore button. This guy has nothing to do in life and is totally unemployed or what I do not know. Har jagha gyan bantne lagta hai, bc ko bola bhi hum apna dekh lenge.

Instead of converting Brahmos, which is an anti ship missile for land attack role. India should fix its so far failed land attack cruise missile. Brahmos has no terrain hugging ability and it will slam into a hill if it's flying at a low profile. If it flies at a high profile, might as well use a ballistic missile.

lol :lol:, I'm wondering which one is better CX-1 or Brahmos

lol :lol:, I'm wondering which one is better CX-1 or Brahmos

Yes Both Same 2 Same :toast_sign:

Rokk.jpg

2017-ktm-200-duke.jpg

lol, Barhmos designed to flight Lo-Hi-Lo mode , Hi-Hi-Lo mode and Lo-Lo-Lo mode, The land attack version has 70 degree steep diving, upcoming version will going to be 90 Steep diving.
how u know that it will not terrain hugging ?

How is India far behind China and Russian when even US has nothing that can stop Brahmos. Only India with its Barak 8 can stop Brahmos. So India is far ahead of China and Russia and even the US. Russia for sure as they develop the missile but does not even have the capability to develop the platform to launch Brahmos. So when it comes to missiles, India is way ahead of US,
Russia and China. India is clearly on the way to be the superpower by 2012, with Brahmos leading the charge.
Other then photocopy nd copy paste job, China is nothing more. Yes we are way ahead then China in this segment.

lol, Barhmos designed to flight Lo-Hi-Lo mode , Hi-Hi-Lo mode and Lo-Lo-Lo mode, The land attack version has 70 degree steep diving, upcoming version will going to be 90 Steep diving.
how u know that it will not terrain hugging ?

It's not, as it's an anti ship missile. Tomahawk is a cruise missile that is terrain hugging.India continuously fail its terrain hugging subsonic cruise missile.

Finally, if it is, Indian gov would boast about it.

It's not, as it's an anti ship missile. Tomahawk is a cruise missile that is terrain hugging.India continuously fail its terrain hugging subsonic cruise missile.

Valid point

It was an Anti-Ship Missile , now it is ,
A) Anti-Ship Missile ( ship to ship)
B) Anti Ship Missile ( Land to ship)
C) Land Missile ( Ship to land)
D) Land missile ( land to land)
F) Anti Ship Air Missile ( Air to land)
G) Air missile ( Air to Land)

At missile which can target mountain position is not anti ship missile.

The JV SAM missile used by the Navy having different Seeker / Software vs of the army , despite both are having same design / engine etc.

It was an Anti-Ship Missile , now it is ,
A) Anti-Ship Missile ( ship to ship)
B) Anti Ship Missile ( Land to ship)
C) Land Missile ( Ship to land)
D) Land missile ( land to land)
F) Anti Ship Air Missile ( Air to land)
G) Air missile ( Air to Land)

At missile which can target mountain position is not anti ship missile.

The JV SAM missile used by the Navy having different Seeker / Software vs of the army , despite both are having same design / engine etc.

It's usable for land attack role is limited as it has no terrain hugging capability. India should get Nirbhay working instead of converting Brahmos into roles that it's not designed to do. Would Brahmos be converted to anti air roles as well?

Back
Top Bottom