What's new

Navy SEALs set to open to women, top admiral says

Female FSK

tkR7612.jpg

_DSC1989.jpg

_DSC1956.jpg

_DSC2132-1.jpg

_DSC1322.jpg

Well from what I have heard the RASP is far more physically taxing than Ranger School. Ranger school is conducted by the Ranger Training Brigade (not the 75th Ranger Regiment) and is the US army's premier leadership course that is taxing as mentally as physically but is not a selection process for the 75th.

Having gone through Ranger school is not always a prerequisite to join the Ranger regiment, being able to pass Ranger school will not make one able to pass the RASP.

I could be wrong, but I've heard the opposite.

Let's just agree to disagree on this one:cheers:. I think women are plenty tough enough to pass SOF selection processes if given the chance.

Here's an interesting counterpoint. Are Men going through the same program either? Or have standards been lowered for them too?

Why Are Standards Plummeting in the Ranger Assessment and Selection Program? | SOFREP

As I understand it these women were given 129 days to complete Ranger school as opposed to the standard 70 for everyone else (men), I guess this does translate as a lowering of standards- I'm not sure if this is covered in the link you have provided, I'll have to check, thank you for the link, I am a fan of SOFREP.

I could be wrong, but I've heard the opposite.

Let's just agree to disagree on this one:cheers:. I think women are plenty tough enough to pass SOF selection processes if given the chance.
Interesting, I've heard almost unanimously that RASP is a whole different level to Ranger school (which makes sense given Ranger school is a leadership course but RASP is a test to join one of the most elite units in the US Mil) but, you are right, we can simply agree to disagree sir.

+ If I am being entirely honest, I am not completely sold on women in SOFs, passing the selection process is one thing (and I'm not certain many potential candidates could do this- if any) but serving in a SOF unit is quite a different thing altogether and I guess there is only one way to find out.

As I understand it these women were given 129 days to complete Ranger school as opposed to the standard 70 for everyone else (men), I guess this does translate as a lowering of standards- I'm not sure if this is covered in the link you have provided, I'll have to check, thank you for the link, I am a fan of SOFREP.

Interesting, I've heard almost unanimously that RASP is a whole different level to Ranger school (which makes sense given Ranger school is a leadership course but RASP is a test to join one of the most elite units in the US Mil) but, you are right, we can simply agree to disagree sir.

+ If I am being entirely honest, I am not completely sold on women in SOFs, passing the selection process is one thing (and I'm not certain many potential candidates could do this- if any) but serving in a SOF unit is quite a different thing altogether and I guess there is only one way to find out.
Even if they join the ranger regiment, the PT standards will change and it will get harder the longer a person is in the regiment. If they don't keep up with the standards they'll get kick out.

I am of view the these Spec Ops team require the physicak endurance and that is.muscle endurance.....coupled with state of mind i.e sound mind......and i believe women can achieve both, thoigh may require additional resources on muscle conditioning
If the woman prepares her muscles before reporting (although it would be very difficult) only then she has a chance to clear the screening out process.( she will have to work much harder to achieve those standards compared to males)

@Technogaianist brother sorry for the late reply. Picked the kids from school. First of all you dont need to be a Ranger to be able to join the 75th (tehnically because I never saw one though). There are units in the 75th like all units in the armed forces that dont need a Ranger. So technically again you can be assigned with the 75th without having the Ranger Tab! Now with regards to someone like me who is a Ranger but is not with the 75th, we are those from other army units that finished the course but are not assigned to 75th. I mean hell brother, everybody knows that being in the 75th is no vacation so I'd rather be in my unit. (Besides it is the tab that chicks see not the unit assignment more like a pilot's wings it doesnt matter if you fly a kite or a jet as long as you have it). With regards to women finishing the course (thank god it did not happen during my time), there are standards that they need to pass and like me i doubt if they will opt to join the 75th and again like me, i think they are just there to get the tab for the uniform (because i swear it will turn heads!!!). I just used my phone typing all this it wasnt easy you owe me @Technogaianist !!!!

They can sugarcoat it all they want but in the end, the woman's body is different from the men's. So there are differences with the standards like how many pull ups, push ups, sit ups etc are required. If you ask me this crap is more of a publicity GI Jane type stuff that some yahoo in the army thought about to satisfy those feminine equality advocates. I hope i am wrong though.. it will be nice to see a lady wearing the tab though!!!

Last edited:
Now with regards to someone like me who is a Ranger but is not with the 75th, we are those from other army units that finished the course but are not assigned to 75th.
Or even be in the US Army for that matter...

Airman Ranger completes grueling Army training school > U.S. Air Force > Article Display
Senior Airman Stephen Becker holds a commander's coin from the U.S. Army Ranger School Jan. 31, 2014, at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska. Becker is the 257th Airman to graduate from the U.S. Army Ranger School at Ft. Benning, Ga.

Airmen lead the way in last pre-Ranger course > U.S. Air Force > Article Display
Twenty-one Airmen from around the Air Force were put to the test both physically and mentally in their pursuits to attend the U.S. Army Ranger school during the Ranger Assessment Course (RAC) Oct. 2-16, at Silver Flag Alpha range, Nevada.

Since 1950, barely 300 Airmen have been Ranger qualified. In order for Airmen to join this exclusive group, they must be able to complete the physical requirements, overcome food and sleep deprivation -- all while performing effectively as leaders and followers. Once they receive their coveted 'go' rating and complete the RAC, they can continue to attend the U.S. Army Ranger School.

Other than elite athletes (the top 0.0000001%)I don't see any women being up to the physical demands of SF units.
serena_williams.jpg

women like her sure can

Boy she looks like a clean shaved Dwayne Johnson

She is an elite athlete and not representative of the average female at all.
Yes i know but women like her can make it so opening up the posts aint a total loss although i do believe the rejection ratio will be significantly higher for women than men if the criteria remains same

Look at the difference in the weight one of the women is hauling here during Ranger school:

2B7886D100000578-3203005-image-a-79_1439952422122.jpg

@James Jaevid @Technogaianist
yes this exactly is the problem they should not lower height and weight criteria for women

Yes i know but women like her can make it so opening up the posts aint a total loss although i do believe the rejection ratio will be significantly higher for women than men if the criteria remains same
And yet she (and all female tennis players) only have to play the best of 3 sets whilst male tennis players can go up to 5- we cannot ignore the fact that women are inherently less physically capable then men.

Ask Technogaianist when I give her account back what being a female military diver is like.

RNoAF Rescue Swimmers must qualify as divers as Norway's SAR operations take place primary over the North Sea and Skagerrak Straight:

MDK%20-%20mediearkiv%20%2816%20of%2017%29.jpg

:o:

Sven, quit getting me into arguments:angry:! But yes, I had to undergo combat dive training, especially since our unit could also be called upon for C-SAR duties if needed. We weren't.

Our unit was similar to the US PJs.

Tirpitz-K%C3%A5fjord-mediearkiv-22.jpg

foto_tanja_aaker%C3%B8y-8119.jpg

Tirpitz-K%C3%A5fjord-mediearkiv-03.jpg

I was actually aware of this, again, I am unsure if these female operators passed the same selection process as their male counterparts.

Sorry for Sven's boneheadedness, but I can't legally give out Forsvarets Spesialkommando training requirements.

You'd have to inquire directly with the Forsvarets HQ.

I can probably kick anyone here's a** though:partay:

Last edited by a moderator:

Look at the difference in the weight one of the women is hauling here during Ranger school:

2B7886D100000578-3203005-image-a-79_1439952422122.jpg

@James Jaevid @Technogaianist
My friend @Abingdonboy , if you noticed she is packing the SAW (Squad Automatic Weapon) and the others just carry the standard weapon load. That weapon is significantly heavier than the old M653 or M16A2 which the soldier on the right seems to be packing. Included on her pack are the basics and the ammunition load. It is heavy as hell and those packs will feel heavier after awhile. As i pointed out before, we cannot deny the fact that there is a significant difference between the male and female bodies. Standards were set for them not by some ya-hoo just to have kicks rather by careful study and testing before implementing these standards. Now if they pass these requirements, by all means give them the Tab! God knows they earned 'em! But if not, and still they get the tab, well that is a different story altogether. I am quite sure there will be animosity from the men in the Regiment since as we all know, the armed services is a male dominated profession not just in the US but all countries i think.

@Technogaianist maam, care to share share some old war stories?

serena_williams.jpg

women like her sure can

Boy she looks like a clean shaved Dwayne Johnson[/QUOTE]

@fakhre mirpur my friend, the lady on the picture you posted is now giving me nightmares!!! I hope I will not meet her on a dark alley for I swear I'll run like a bat out of hell!!!!

These ladies though are... welll you be the judge!!!!
Female FSK

tkR7612.jpg

_DSC1989.jpg

_DSC1956.jpg

_DSC2132-1.jpg

_DSC1322.jpg

Back
Top Bottom