Navy opens its doors to shooting as sport

Imran Khan

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Navy opens its doors to shooting as sport

By Amar Guriro

KARACHI: The Pakistan Navy has allowed civilian shooters to use its shooting range that is spread across 15 acres of land. The news brought a smile on the faces of all those who love the sport but have no place to play it in Karachi.

Pakistan Navy shooter Arshad Ali, who won the Commonwealth Shooting Award and around 300 other national and Asian awards, said that the Navy’s shooting range can be considered the best in the country. “Even the Pakistan Army doesn’t have its own shooting range,” he stated, adding that by making the facility available to everyone, the Navy is encouraging the sport.

Talking to Daily Times at the Pakistan Navy’s Shooting range, Arshad revealed that he loved shooting ever since he was a boy and that he has been shooting for the past 20 years. He has been a shooter for the Pakistan Navy for 15 years.

The Navy’s shooting range is located in the heart of the city, making it easily accessible to Naval Units. The range was built under the guidance of the International Military Sports Council and thus it meets all international standards.

It comprises five different firing ranges that are 300 meters, 50 meters, 25 meters, 10 meters and a trap and skeet. Around 10 competitions, including the South Asian Federation Championship, the Third SAF Shooting Championship, national games and 7 national level championships have been held at the range.

Arshad felt that the Pakistan Navy is the best at shooting, followed by the Pakistan Army, then the Sindh Rifle Association and after them the Pakistan Air Force. “Shooting sports are increasing in Sindh, if they are encouraged they can become popular amongst the masses, especially amongst youngsters,” he said.

go guys try your self:sniper:

I hope Pakistan will win a Gold medal in shooting soon in any international Event.

Pakistan Navy has been very supportive to athletes who lacked proper facilities for their sports activities. Pakistan Navy has organized many Golf events and has provided Swimming pools to Swimmers like kiran khan and others, Pakistan Navy has also helped many squash players as well.

its a great place!
been there twice already firing my beratta, tokarev and winchester -22 rifle.

Hi,

1st post over here... in this forum, kinda new here... i own a license for 9mm QSZ-92 pistol (China) and want to practice shooting at the range... i am based in karachi, would appreciate the procedure to go there and location of the range.

Hi,

1st post over here... in this forum, kinda new here... i own a license for 9mm QSZ-92 pistol (China) and want to practice shooting at the range... i am based in karachi, would appreciate the procedure to go there and location of the range.

go to karsaz main-gate and ask for directions from navy personnel.

I have been going to this range for years now despite the fact that i was not in the army. Very nice lads there, they gave me a membership despite the fact that I didnt come with any military personal.

Hey, I'm a resident in the karsaz residential area I've just moved there i need to know how i can enter the shooting range and if i can enter if i don't have a gun just now. Please let me know because i love shooting! and I always wanted to see how well i can do.

I have been going to this range for years now despite the fact that i was not in the army. Very nice lads there, they gave me a membership despite the fact that I didnt come with any military personal.

My friend i am very much interested in getting the membership of this range. Can u please tell me about the Fees or other expences in details. Ishall be great ful waiting for ur reply..

Asalam o Alikum.
hey guyzz i wana know ke abhi bhi civil. ke liye open hai shooting range ?? aur kya fee main izafa hua hai??
aur mere home minster se bana hua lisence hai koi prob. ho gi kya?
maine Arm ki shop se banwaya tha..
maine jitne post pharhen hai sub purane hain plz kya ab bhi yani in jan 2011 main membership le sakte hain ??????????

Can anybody tell me, how can I get membership in Karachi Shooting Range, while I owned no weapon?
Give me complete details, what is the membership fees, where this Range(Club) is actually located?

Can anybody tell me, how can I get membership in Karachi Shooting Range, while I owned no weapon?
Give me complete details, what is the membership fees, where this Range(Club) is actually located?

Membership fee varies for different packages, maximum being 50k a couple of years ago. It's located inside Naval colony at Karsaz next to Arena & Maritime Museum

Back
Top Bottom