What's new

Navy issues RFP for 9 MRMR aircraft

Major Shaitan Singh

Reaction score
Country
India
Following approval from the Defence Acquisition Council in February this year, the Indian Navy has sent out a long anticipated request for proposal (RFP) to vendors across the world for nine medium-range maritime reconnaissance aircraft. This acquisition looks to give the Navy aircraft with an operating range of at least 350nm and patrol time of at least 3.5-hours, clearly to augment mission profiles that will be served by 12 (8+4) new Boeing P-8Is.

The roles specified for the contending aircraft include maritime patrol, anti-surface warfare (two anti-ship missiles and jammer pod minimum), ELINT/ESM/ECM/COMINT and search and rescue. The likely contenders for this competition are likely to be IAI-Bombardier Q400 MP, the Saab 2000 MP, Embraer P99, Alenia ATR-72 MP, Dassault Falcon 900 MPA, Lockheed-Martin C-130J Sea Hercules, Boeing P-8I and EADS CASA C-295 MP.

MRMR1-IAI-BOMBARDIER-Q400.jpg

Bombardier Q400 MP

MRMR2-SAAB-2000-MP.jpg

Saab 2000 MP

MRMR3-EMBRAER-P99.jpg

EMBRAER-P99

MRMR5-ATR-72MP.jpg

Alenia ATR-72MP

MRMR6-DASSAULT-FALCON-MP.jpg

DASSAULT-FALCON

MRMR7-SEA-HERCULES.jpg

SEA-HERCULES

MRMR8-P8I-at-INS-Utkrosh.jpg

Boeing P-8I P8I

http://astrashastra.blogspot.in/

IN, as of now, is taking up its mordenization in the most systematic manner on almost all fronts. I sincerly hope, our submarine fleet increases to a satisfactory level and we may have a gigantic naval power by the end of this decade with 2 CBGs in service and perhaps IAC 2 in construction. Another wish, hope we see E-2D also in IN colors.

^^ Agree with both you guys. It should either be the P-8I Lite or C-130J Sea Hercules.

Get a platform which IAF already operates(Sea Hercules, Embraer p-99) a or get more P-8I.

Back
Top Bottom