What's new

Navy gets first home-built patrol craft

If we wish and put our effort sure we can. But with indian subservient regime (regardless of political parties) that will not happen.

man i think if army continues to pressure govt it will happen. just like the current modernisation program

i thought we were making corvetts already or am i missing a leaf here ?

Why not bigger ship. Indian subserviency aside politically it is going to be a long time before Indians feel any threat from BD. the masters of the bay and the oceans around us are US navy from Diego Garcia. Our efforts are not going to alarm anyone. We should plod on with our effort. Our maritime security requires more muscle.

Construction time was pretty quick, I am impressed. Lets see if they can complete the rest as quick and then build something bigger, inshallah.

A corvette in the 1500 to 2000 ton class would be brilliant.

This ships were built with the help from the chinese. It would be interesting to see how bangladesh fares in building ships without their assistance

man i think if army continues to pressure govt it will happen. just like the current modernisation program

i thought we were making corvetts already or am i missing a leaf here ?

Corvetts are actually our LPCs, and commodore motiur said that we are gonna build them in the future with the assistnce from the chinese.

Why not bigger ship. Indian subserviency aside politically it is going to be a long time before Indians feel any threat from BD. the masters of the bay and the oceans around us are US navy from Diego Garcia. Our efforts are not going to alarm anyone. We should plod on with our effort. Our maritime security requires more muscle.

I guess we didnt build bigger ships due to the following reasons.

-We need more patrol vessel in our navy( excluding the addition of khulna class we only have 6 OPV)

-We are quite new in building warships and we have to start to learn making them step by step.

-We do not have much knowledge in building larger warships. If we had built them they would have cost way more than if we had bought them from another country

Actually bro, our whole military needs more muscle. But i think air force needs it more than the others. Furthermore the air force has been very quiet after march this year. While the navy had exercise with US, japan , the army had exercise with the US marine and army and had their own exercises. Not much news came from our air force

At present KSY, located on 68.97 acres of land, has the capability of building ships up to around 2,200 ton displacement, the state-owned enterprise said in its website. It said KSY intends to develop a much higher shipbuilding capabilities of up to 10,000 ton displacement in order to capture the share of increasing market in Bangladesh and world wide

Found this quote on an internet article. Good to hear it :)

Back
Top Bottom