What's new

NATO kills 8 women in a "precision air strike".

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
8 Afghan women killed in NATO airstrike in Eastern Afghanistan

By Sajad - Sun Sep 16, 9:05 pm

Local authorities in eastern Laghman province of Afghanistan on Sunday announced, a number of Afghan women were killed following NATO airstrike in this province.

Provincial governor spokesman Sarhadi Zwak confirming the report said at least 8 Afghan women were killed and 7 others were injured following NATO air raid in Noorlam area at Alingar district on Saturday night.

Mr. Zwak further added the incident took place while Afghan women were collecting wood from the mountainous region in Alingar district.

Laghman province is one of the volatile region in eastern Afghanistan where militants have increased their insurgency activities. A number of insurgents have been killed following NATO airstrikes in this province during the recent months.

According to NATO-led coalition security forces insurgents are frequently carrying out attacks against the Afghan and NATO troops using the mountainous regions in this province.

In the meantime a number of local residents in Alingar district on Sunday demonstrated against the NATO airstrike and urged to probe the incident.

The demonstrators gathered near the provincial governor compound with the dead bodies of the Afghan women and accused NATO and provincial governor for the civilians casualties.

District Development Chief for Alingar Haji Noor Mohammad Khan said they want trial for the assailants who killed the Afghan women.

Provincial governor spokesman Sarhadi Zwak said they have informed NATO officials, Provincial governor administration and local security officials of the incident.

He said the operation was carried out without informing Afghan security forces however NATO officials denied the reports and said only insurgents were killed following the airstrike in Alingar district.

A NATO spokesman said coalition security forces were following a group of insurgents and were killed during the airstrike.

Meanwhile provincial governor spokesman Sarhadi Zwak said Laghman governor has sent a delegation in the area to probe the incident.

8 Afghan women killed in NATO airstrike in Eastern Afghanistan - Khaama Press (KP) | Afghan Online Newspaper

* They just tasted democracy.

Did anyone see Centcom?Either he will not show or busy producing more propaganda deception to justify these killings.

so this is how precise drones are,

inhumane, immoral, illegal and barbarian act on part of the american government and their supporters.

Dear readers,

We at Centcom send our deepest and heartfelt condolences to the families and friends of those killed and injured in this regrettable tragic incident. The ISAF has taken full responsibility for this tragedy and issued this news release below:

“The International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) extends its deepest regrets and sympathies to the families and loved ones of civilians who died or were injured during coalition airstrikes on Sept. 16 in Laghman Province. With ISAF's initial assessment of the circumstances surrounding this incident, it can confirm that a number of Afghan civilians were unintentionally killed or injured during this mission which was undertaken solely with the intent of countering known insurgents. ISAF takes full responsibility for this tragedy. ISAF offers its sincerest regret to the families. Coalition officials will soon meet with the family members of those who died or were injured.”

LTC Taylor,
DET, United States Central Command
U.S. Central Command

and then American thinks people there aren't cooperative with them that's why their so called victory is delayed there, sad to see super power failed to devise a single effective strategy in Afghanistan that can lead to win win situation.

Friendly Fire and civilian deaths happens in every war.

There is no battlefield platform on the planet which can avoid civilian casualties.

i fail to understand ISAF statement that they had reports of militant activity in the area.....the locals, according to media, said there was not even firing.

hope their investigation leads to certain people being held accountable.....lives needlessly being lost due to carelessness

if they were fired on - on the ground or in the air where's the damage where's the casualties?

Dear readers,

We at Centcom send our deepest and heartfelt condolences to the families and friends of those killed and injured in this regrettable tragic incident. The ISAF has taken full responsibility for this tragedy and issued this news release below:

“The International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) extends its deepest regrets and sympathies to the families and loved ones of civilians who died or were injured during coalition airstrikes on Sept. 16 in Laghman Province. With ISAF's initial assessment of the circumstances surrounding this incident, it can confirm that a number of Afghan civilians were unintentionally killed or injured during this mission which was undertaken solely with the intent of countering known insurgents. ISAF takes full responsibility for this tragedy. ISAF offers its sincerest regret to the families. Coalition officials will soon meet with the family members of those who died or were injured.”

LTC Taylor,
DET, United States Central Command
U.S. Central Command

I lolled really hard at this.

What if Osama was sorry for 9/11? Would you forgive him. But i guess that's just the price little weak people pay in this world.

I lolled really hard at this.

What if Osama was sorry for 9/11? Would you forgive him. But i guess that's just the price little weak people pay in this world.

And I really lolled at your post.

Osama did 9/11 on purpose. If USA really wanted to harm Afghan civilians they can nuke Kabul.

Get a reality check.

And I really lolled at your post.

Osama did 9/11 on purpose. If USA really wanted to harm Afghan civilians they can nuke Kabul.

Get a reality check.

this is also true; i agree with that

but obviously, this wont bode well with Afghan public. These types of things really cause harm to their mission, whatever it may be.

i fail to understand ISAF statement that they had reports of militant activity in the area.....the locals, according to media, said there was not even firing.

hope their investigation leads to certain people being held accountable.....lives needlessly being lost due to carelessness

if they were fired on - on the ground or in the air where's the damage where's the casualties?

"Militant activity" can mean much more than just firing, for example, replenishing supplies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom