What's new

NATO and Pakistan to conduct Joint Naval Exercise in Turkey: Mavi Balina-14

Capiche? ;)

14192280578_0683353b78_o.jpg
14192333820_ccfce6db4d_o.jpg
14192280788_e7b14f3183_h.jpg

SSGN is not developed well enough. I think they need to have a biannual program like SSG has with Turkish SAT for joint training and officers/operator exchange.

Bro... SSGN has been around since the 60s!!!

They are perhaps better equipped than SSG... Due to their small size etc....(From the few pics we have seen)..

I know. Personal gear wise SSGN is very well armed but when i talk about resources i am talking about much more than brand new soldier outfit. Conducting ops requires a great deal of associated resources as well i.e SATCOM, Spy Sats, assets which can extend your operational range i.e long range subs, helicopters and so on.

@Neptune - What kind of assets SAT has at its disposal?

I know. Personal gear wise SSGN is very well armed but when i talk about resources i am talking about much more than brand new soldier outfit. Conducting ops requires a great deal of associated resources as well i.e SATCOM, Spy Sats, assets which can extend your operational range i.e long range subs, helicopters and so on.

longe range subs for SF? They are utilising everything at their disposal (all branches).....they are equipped with midget subs,aswell as helis and so on... sire... they go through hell.. apart from that they also spend 6 months at Cherat... @Rashid Mahmood

longe range subs for SF? They are utilising everything at their disposal (all branches).....they are equipped with midget subs,aswell as helis and so on... sire... they go through hell.. apart from that they also spend 6 months at Cherat... @Rashid Mahmood

I think those Midget subs are no longer in operational use but training only. @Rashid Mahmood can confirm it here. Secondly the SSGN doesn't have its own heli wing, it tags along with PN's sea kings.

I think those Midget subs are no longer in operational use but training only. @Rashid Mahmood can confirm it here. Secondly the SSGN doesn't have its own heli wing, it tags along with PN's sea kings.

Nor does SSG ... they are usually borrow em from Army aviation corps...

SSG(N) has operational X-craft (midget subs).
They also use Sea King's and ATR's (paradrops).

Last edited:
Turkey, Pakistan,USA, Britain + NATO to conduct Joint Naval Exercise (Mavi Balina-14)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Officers from many different regional countries came to Turkey to boost cooperation and teamwork.

Bölgesel Tatbikat-2014, bölgesel askerî iş birliğini artırmak ve karşılıklı çalışabilirlik yeteneklerini geliştirmek maksadıyla, 20-24 Ekim 2014 tarihleri arasında Harp Akademileri Komutanlığı ev sahipliğinde icra edilmiştir.
Genelkurmay Başkanlığı Resmi Kurumsal İnternet Sitesidir - Anasayfa - Turkish General Staff Official Web Site - Main Page

Attendants

Tatbikata, evsahibi ülke olarak Türkiye'den 60, 11 ortaklık ülkesinden 44 [Azerbaycan (1), Bosna-Hersek (4), Cezayir (2), Karadağ (8), Kazakistan (2), Makedonya (10), Moldova (2), Pakistan (4), Sırbistan (5), Ukrayna (4) ve Ürdün (2)], Napoli Müşterek Kuvvet Komutanlığından 5, İzmir Kara Komutanlığından 12 ve 3'üncü Kolordu Komutanlığından 9 olmak üzere toplam 130 personel katılmıştır.
-------------------------------------------

Search and Rescue exercise

1 S70 Black Hawk and 1 Cougar participated

TSK İnsani Yardım Tugayı Doğal Afet Arama Kurtarma Tabur Komutanlığı tarafından; 22 Ekim 2014 tarihinde, Tümgeneral Daniş KARABELEN Kışlasında (Gölbaşı), Kara Havacılık Komutanlığı (Güvercinlik/Ankara) tarafından tahsis edilen bir adet S-70 tipi ve bir adet Cougar tipi arama kurtarma helikopteri ile "Yaralı Kazazedeyi Tahliye ve Helikopterden Atma Toplama Eğitimi" icra edilmiştir.

View attachment 145562

View attachment 145563

4 pakistani officers recently came to turkey to take part in REGEX 2014. Regex is meant to boost cooperation capabilities of regional countries.

They were found in 1963 by US Navy UDT laterly known as SEALs. UDT/SEAL instructors from San Diego have arrived to İskenderun for the establishment and training of the Underwater Commando (SAK). The unit laterly changed their names as Su Altı Taarruz (SAT) translated as Underwater Strike Teams. They have undergone two modernisation programs since then. One at early 90s and the other one at mid 2013. As far as we know, they are supported with UAVs, EW systems, EMP, Seahawks, CN-235, RHIBs, MRTP-22SAT boat, SIGINT and C4ISR. Apart from that; they have a black budget just like other Turkish SOF/SF units. Gears and equipment are up to date. They hesitate to use SAT, that's all.I believe.

The sister of SAT; Su Altı Savunma (SAS) has been also founded by the EOD units of US Navy.

They were found in 1963 by US Navy UDT laterly known as SEALs. UDT/SEAL instructors from San Diego have arrived to İskenderun for the establishment and training of the Underwater Commando (SAK). The unit laterly changed their names as Su Altı Taarruz (SAT) translated as Underwater Strike Teams. They have undergone two modernisation programs since then. One at early 90s and the other one at mid 2013. As far as we know, they are supported with UAVs, EW systems, EMP, Seahawks, CN-235, RHIBs, MRTP-22SAT boat, SIGINT and C4ISR. Apart from that; they have a black budget just like other Turkish SOF/SF units. Gears and equipment are up to date. They hesitate to use SAT, that's all.I believe.

The sister of SAT; Su Altı Savunma (SAS) has been also founded by the EOD units of US Navy.

During the post 1965 war analysis Pakistan Navy felt the need of establishing a Special force, which could be used for covert offensive operations against enemy shore based facilities and the units at sea or in harboursAs a consequence, training volunteers for frogman / special Ops formed a new offensive arm for Pakistan Navy in 1966. Shortly after raising, the capabilities of this elite group were multiplied through the acquisition of midgets, chariots and combat/ auxiliary diving equipment. The training of volunteers selected from all branches of the Navy for Special Service Group (Navy) was conducted on the lines of British Special Boat Squadron (SBS), British Special Air Services (SAS) and US Navy SEALS.

They have at their disposal.. Sea Kings,ATRs,Casas,XCrafts,UAVs,EMP,EW,SIGNIT,C4ISR systems,MTRPs (bought from Turkiye),RHIBs etc...

Im not aware of their training progs with Turkish SAT.. But they do train with British,Americans,Arabs,Chinese etc...

Here are a few pics from old Tv prog:
10274118_10152145822992663_2172508324297231823_n.jpg
1959363_562768347170147_5711432367557391977_n.jpg
j.jpg
jh.jpg
10174870_562768590503456_5565255311344646614_n.jpg
1897865_525279027585746_805750590_n.jpg

l.png
2.png

Last edited:
During the post 1965 war analysis Pakistan Navy felt the need of establishing a Special force, which could be used for covert offensive operations against enemy shore based facilities and the units at sea or in harboursAs a consequence, training volunteers for frogman / special Ops formed a new offensive arm for Pakistan Navy in 1966. Shortly after raising, the capabilities of this elite group were multiplied through the acquisition of midgets, chariots and combat/ auxiliary diving equipment. The training of volunteers selected from all branches of the Navy for Special Service Group (Navy) was conducted on the lines of British Special Boat Squadron (SBS), British Special Air Services (SAS) and US Navy SEALS.

They have at their disposal.. Sea Kings,ATRs,Casas,XCrafts,UAVs,EMP,EW,SIGNIT,C4ISR systems,MTRPs (bought from Turkiye),RHIBs etc...

Im not aware of their training progs with Turkish SAT.. But they do train with British,Americans,Arabs,Chinese etc...

Here are a few pics from old Tv prog:
View attachment 146801 View attachment 146803 View attachment 146804 View attachment 146805 View attachment 146806 View attachment 146807
View attachment 146810 View attachment 146811

The training program is parallel with USN SEALs as them being the founders of the SAT. For ex: in SAT you have BUD/S and Hell Week first which are the first things you'd learn if you're gonna become a SEAL. The only foreign relationship is with USN. Just recently the Naval Special Warfare Unit stationed in Europe of DEVGRU have came to Istanbul for exercises with SAT. There's noone else that SAT approves to exercise with. I don't know why. Here's the latest HRT exercise of SAT which we assume it happened in Gölbaşı where SSG have just visited to exercise with Army ÖKK.

Screenshot_2014-11-06-20-08-56.png

Screenshot_2014-11-06-20-10-28.png

Screenshot_2014-11-06-20-09-28.png

Screenshot_2014-11-06-20-09-50.png

Screenshot_2014-11-06-20-10-43.png

Screenshot_2014-11-06-20-09-12.png

Screenshot_2014-11-06-20-11-10.png

@Sinan @T-123456 @Hakan @xxxKULxxx and others;

Guys for your notice as well this was the latest update from SAT.

@Horus I believe this may be a preparation for Mavi Balina 2014. Will Alamgir contain a team of SSGN? if so it's highly likely that they'll conduct VBSS with SAT.

The training program is parallel with USN SEALs as them being the founders of the SAT. For ex: in SAT you have BUD/S and Hell Week first which are the first things you'd learn if you're gonna become a SEAL. The only foreign relationship is with USN. Just recently the Naval Special Warfare Unit stationed in Europe of DEVGRU have came to Istanbul for exercises with SAT. There's noone else that SAT approves to exercise with. I don't know why. Here's the latest HRT exercise of SAT which we assume it happened in Gölbaşı where SSG have just visited to exercise with Army ÖKK.

View attachment 147128
View attachment 147134
View attachment 147132
View attachment 147133
View attachment 147131
View attachment 147130
View attachment 147129

@Sinan @T-123456 @Hakan @xxxKULxxx and others;

Guys for your notice as well this was the latest update from SAT.

@Horus I believe this may be a preparation for Mavi Balina 2014. Will Alamgir contain a team of SSGN? if so it's highly likely that they'll conduct VBSS with SAT.

The cavalry ex? those were either regulars or at max Northern Light Infantry troops...

Back
Top Bottom