What's new

National Security Committee expected to make important decisions today

What decisions are they making?

Giving up lavish protocols and security would be numbr 1 on list ?? No more perks or fancy flights etc. No more free petrols and free hydro etc
No more funds to waste right??

Or is it about shutting the country down further into more chaos?

And what good will it do now anyway? Isn’t it besides the point specially economy etc?
Hard times for ordinary people…..end times for sure. Crime will skyrocket

I partially agree BUT the issue is there doesn't appear to be a clear guideline. Now if afghan-tali were recognised and given their due then I doubt that they would have become hostile! recognise their turf and so be it.

But because of the yoyoing policy from Pakistan they have made their decision and its against Pakistan. Policy guidelines are the proverbial 50 shades of grey and that is due to political instability.

A victory has become defeat for Pakistan. I don't know who or what in Pakistan decides that victory doesn't suit them and they will commit suicide to make their win a loss.
Sir,

Afghan tali weren’t recognised because of briefing pack after 1st, 2nd and third high profile delegation. Afghan tali wanted prisoner release to open talks with TTP, refused to give guarantees re cross border attacks and refused to engage with Pakistani’s legitimate security demands.

There are three major factions in Afghan right now, with at least 15 major war lords who have kissed the hands of different emir’s within the IEA. There can never be any meaningful negotiation with Afghan government right now because there is no real unified command structure.

Kabul says one thing, boys near border do another. And are we forgetting the shoot out between the goat fuckers and PA literally whilst PA we’re facilitating evacuation of refugees at border crossing?

National Security Committee expected to make important decisions today​

PM Shehbaz to chair round two of NSC meeting; clear guidelines on country's security, economy likely to be approved​

1026329_1218743_pm-shehbaz_updates.jpg

Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif chairs a meeting of the National Security Committe in Islamabad on December 30, 2022. — Courtesy Press Information Department

ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif will be chairing a National Security Committee (NSC) meeting today (Monday) with important decisions expected to be made on the proposals considered at the NSC moot last week.

Civil and military officials will attend the meeting chaired by the prime minister. The participants will discuss matters related to national security and the economy.

On December 30, the NSC vowed to respond firmly to resurgent terrorism in the country and declared militants "enemies of Pakistan".

According to sources, the NSC will approve clear guidelines on the country's economy and security, while the meeting will also approve decisive actions against terrorists.

Sources said that important decisions are expected on the proposals that came under consideration in the meeting held on Friday.

Last NSC meeting​

During Friday's NSC moot, the committee had resolved to speed up operations against terrorists in the wake of rising insurgency in the country.

In a statement, the Prime Minister's Office had said the NSC's participants expressed an unequivocal opinion that Pakistan's national interests will not be compromised and no one will be allowed to harm national security.

The PM had chaired the NSC meeting, which was attended by services chiefs, intelligence heads, and federal ministers, the statement had mentioned.

The meetings come after the outlawed Tehreek-e-Taliban (TTP) announced an end to the ceasefire with Islamabad and ramped up attacks on security forces, especially in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Balochistan.

During Friday's meeting, the participants took into stock the country's economic and security situation, the statement said.

Government and state institutions resolved that Pakistan's fundamental interests for existence, security and progress will be well-protected with bravery and lasting strategy. “Unequivocal opinion was expressed to defend the country’s national interests and not allow anyone to undermine the key concept of national security.”

Participants of the meeting also paid tribute to the great sacrifices of martyrs and extended their condolences towards their families.

It was determined in the meeting that terrorists are Pakistan’s enemies and the entire nation is united on the single narrative of standing against terrorism.

“Those challenging the writ of the state will get a full force response,” the statement read.

Terror strikes back​

For the past few weeks, Pakistan has witnessed a fresh wave of terrorism with the most recent spate of terror attacks carried out in Balochistan and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.

Last week, the Pakistan Army's top brass resolved to uproot terrorism "without any distinction" as the country battles a fresh wave of insurgency, which has left many soldiers martyred and several others injured.

PM Shehbaz, too, had reiterated his resolve to uproot the menace of terrorism by using all available resources.

The premier had said he would take all possible steps to control terrorism in all its forms in the country.

In seven separate blasts across districts in Pakistan's southwestern province, five soldiers were martyred and more than a dozen others were injured.

Earlier this month, militants also took over a compound of the Counter-Terrorism Department (CTD) in KP's Bannu. It was cleared by the Pakistan Army soldiers three days later. However, four soldiers embraced martyrdom and 10 sustained injuries.

I don't know if the OUTCOME of this meeting will be "mellowed down" in front of the media, but I HOPE they put it into the SAME way I like it to be, about avenging the blood of our fallen soldiers! These BIT*CHES need to know to either get in line to cooperate for permanent peace or the PAK ARMY is about to bring it to your home!!

There should NOT be any "negotiations" further without complete surrender and dismantling. There should be an overwhelming military PREP that's visible to the naked eye around the borders AND then "talks" (Carrot and Stick). We've offered too many damn Carrots and they think we are weak.

And ALL the handlers sitting in KPK in powerful political roles should be captured and sent to their mental paradise called Afghanistan! May they rest in peace there. This terrorism has once again kind of paralyzed the country. Our children can't be scared going to schools anymore.

Tea biscuit meeting.

1)Attacks will continue
2)Gov will continue to blame Imran Khan
3) soldiers will continue to be targeted
Nothing will change

The situation with TTP can be solved very easily in one of the following ways:

1- Having Sharia in Tribal areas.
or
2- Having a customs union treaty with Afghanistan as well as an unwritten defence treaty.

Going for option no 2 is a little bit difficult but will make Pakistan a bigger power with increase in area and no of troops and being able to match India.
Do you remember ??

This was done in Asif Zardari era.

Then what happened?
Despite agreements TTP didn't stop the war and set out to "conquer " the entire Pakistan.
The areas they were given control under the deal, only had Taliban stations instead of police station.
No Islamic welfare system, just chopping hands and stoning and lashing.
That's not how shariah works.

Do you remember ??

Then what happened?
Despite agreements TTP didn't stop the war and set out to "conquer " the entire Pakistan.
The areas they were given control under the deal, only had Taliban stations instead of police station.
Talibans version of Sharia is a strong traditional mix of tribal Pukhtun culture.
Where does it state in Islam that a woman cannot be educated?

Talibans version of Sharia is a strong traditional mix of tribal Pukhtun culture.
Taliban can’t think beyond their own nose. They see women as chattel and baby making factories, that’s about it.

Referring to an old man as a sweetheart is 😬. Secondly you mention bank balance float in first post and then mention concrete action in the other? Bipolar much?

No one has accused you of being in either camp, least of all me so no need to justify yourself to me 😂.

Re: Army Leadership - no comment.

Re: Border fencing… And Mexico has a wall in the US border, along with patrols from ICE, Marshals and surveillance drones… But the Mexicans still get in 🤷‍♂️
Leave the poetic nonsense for the Taliban fanboys you seem to associate with. this is what u said in previous post.

Sweetheart was said in sarcastic way!
Firstly none on my replies were for you but anyways my stance in both posts oppose eachother because firstly i was mentioning how to deal with terrorists ideally, where you have countless resources at hand,m i hope you do know battles are fought with money.
Secondly was pakistans current situation and the options they have on the table and which seems fit for the tome being.

Yes Mexicans still manage you are right but most of them are caught once they crossover. US mex border is nothing compared to pak afg border the whole border is plain land while pak afg border is mostly hard mountainous terrain which is humanly inaccessible so sorta acts as a natural barrier. Yet they cross over and reak havoc in pakistan while you never hear terrorists entering US through mex border. the responsible agencies are doing their jobs correctly.

Leave the poetic nonsense for the Taliban fanboys you seem to associate with. this is what u said in previous post.

Sweetheart was said in sarcastic way!
Firstly none on my replies were for you but anyways my stance in both posts oppose eachother because firstly i was mentioning how to deal with terrorists ideally, where you have countless resources at hand,m i hope you do know battles are fought with money.
Secondly was pakistans current situation and the options they have on the table and which seems fit for the tome being.

Yes Mexicans still manage you are right but most of them are caught once they crossover. US mex border is nothing compared to pak afg border the whole border is plain land while pak afg border is mostly hard mountainous terrain which is humanly inaccessible so sorta acts as a natural barrier. Yet they cross over and reak havoc in pakistan while you never hear terrorists entering US through mex border. the responsible agencies are doing their jobs correctly.
Fair enough.

Do you remember ??

Then what happened?
Thanks for the post. Zardari and Kayani started the operation in Swat at the behest of USA after getting $$$. There was the fake flogging video. Now Bilawal has promised aid from USA for operation.

Sir,

Afghan tali weren’t recognised because of briefing pack after 1st, 2nd and third high profile delegation. Afghan tali wanted prisoner release to open talks with TTP, refused to give guarantees re cross border attacks and refused to engage with Pakistani’s legitimate security demands.

There are three major factions in Afghan right now, with at least 15 major war lords who have kissed the hands of different emir’s within the IEA. There can never be any meaningful negotiation with Afghan government right now because there is no real unified command structure.

Kabul says one thing, boys near border do another. And are we forgetting the shoot out between the goat fuckers and PA literally whilst PA we’re facilitating evacuation of refugees at border crossing?
Then what is the penultimate solution? I am of the view that the people of KP or the Jirga system of KP will have to play the pivotal role in dealing with afghanistan.

Where in pashtun culture the women are not allowed to be educated.
Talibans ideology is a radical and extremist mindset nothing to do with religion and any culture.

Then what is the penultimate solution? I am of the view that the people of KP or the Jirga system of KP will have to play the pivotal role in dealing with afghanistan.
Yes we need “local” buy in and ownership, they are the most impacted by this and they are key stakeholders in any long term strategy.

Sir,

I agree with your assessment 100%, these are facts. But whether there are 15 militia drug-war lords or 50 in Afghanistan and none of them agree on anything, but there is ONE language and term they'd comply with. That is OVERWHELMING FORCE! When the punches are delivered to your face in your home, all of a sudden you want "peace". Remember, this is really Indian proxies we are up against. There will never be peace by "talks". Has India worked on peace with us in the past 75 years? No! This is them in disguise.

We need full surrender of TTP - TLP within Pakistani borders and their handlers and a buffer zone around the border where only uniformed IEA soldiers would be allowed, so to prevent rogue attacks. Time to do this is now. My understanding is that both India and Iran are ready to pour in billions for various rare mineral mining projects into Afghanistan, and Afghanistan is just a few years away from acquiring Russian jets (in fact there were talks to "slowly" transfer the aging Mig-21 fleet to Afghanistan). So time is critical and NOW to resolve this mess in a manner we want it to be.

Back
Top Bottom