What's new

Nation must be united in condemning Mashal Khan's murder: PM Nawaz

The idea that god (almight, all powerful) has given the responsibility to protect him lead to the death of this guy.

Just a rumor that a guy has committed blasphemy is enough to spur the anger and kill. Then again every one in that compound wants a pie of holy thing they did today.

I have seen the video and the so called educated folk are dancing on the bleeding dead body.

How is cow protection going on? I don't think killing over cows make much a news in India.

How is cow protection going on? I don't think killing over cows make much a news in India.

Cow is also an animal , there is no law in Hinduism nor there is a fatwa like thing to kill any one who kills cow.

The whole thing is secular media exaggeration. I agree one or two lynching incidents happened. But cow protection is not the basis for the existence of Hinduism.

These are isolated incidents and condemnable. All they are saying is do not eat cows they are not saying people should stop eating beef.

No evidence found to suggest Mashal Khan committed blasphemy: CM Khattak

Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Chief Minister Pervez Khattak on Saturday gave his go ahead to a judicial inquiry into the lynching of a student of the Abdul Wali Khan University, Mardan, on Thursday.

KP government spokesman Mushtaq Ghani, while talking to DawnNews, said: “The chief minister has signed a summary from the Home and Tribal Affairs departments seeking a judicial probe into the incident,”

Ghani added that the summary will now be sent to the chief justice of Peshawar High Court for the the formation of a judicial committee.

“As soon as the chief justice forms the committee, it will start a probe,” he told DawnNews.

On Friday, during a session chaired by Deputy Speaker Dr Mahar Taj Roghani, the chief minister had responded to criticism by lawmakers who condemned Mashal Khan’s brutal death at the hands of a mob of students.

Khattak told the KP assembly that no evidence had been found to suggest Mashal had committed blasphemy.

"The mobile phone record of the victim has been checked by the police but there was nothing against Islam," he said.

“Since the occurrence of the incident, I am in contact with the inspector general of police and so far no evidence has emerged to show that blasphemy was committed by the victim,” he had said, adding that such brutality would not be tolerated.

“The government has already decided to conduct a judicial inquiry into this heinous crime,” he said, adding that such an incident should not have occurred and the government was worried about it.

Suspects remanded into police custody
A local Anti-Terrorism Court (ATC) in Mardan on Saturday remanded the suspects caught so far in the lynching case to police custody

Police had produced eight individuals before the court and requested their physical remand for an investigation.

The ATC judge handed custody of the eight to police for a four-day physical remand.

The suspects were produced before the court amid high security.

Separately, the postmortem report received by police confirmed that Mashal had died because of a gunshot wound, while his body had been severely bruised.

'Killers a disgrace to students': UN condemns Mashal's murder
The United Nations on Saturday reacted strongly to the brutal murder of Mashal Khan and called on the Pakistani government to take ‘firm action’ and bring the perpetrators to justice.

In a statement, the UN termed the killers a disgrace to millions of students in Pakistan working for a better future in the principles of tolerance and social justice.

“Our thoughts remain with the victims and their families. We urge the authorities to take firm action and bring the perpetrators to speedy justice,” said Neil Buhne, United Nations Resident Coordinator in Pakistan.

He said Pakistan has strong legal institutions and it is unacceptable for anyone to take the law into their own hands.
https://www.dawn.com/news/1327151/n...st-mashal-khan-committed-blasphemy-cm-khattak
Any unjust murder must be condemned.

What you want should we cancel the law give free hand to people to do unthinkable to our prophet MOHAMMAD P.B.U.H

I am not asking to cancel it but to suspend it for the time being till it has been refined according to true teachings of Islam. The law was passed during Zia regime without a debate in NA even advocate ismael qureshi who formulated the current form of law has admitted the loop holes in the law.
in most cases the law has been misused for political or personal gains
the current form of law has done no good to people of this country
it should be improved giving severe punishments to wrong accusers too
if cant be done and has no supporting Islamic teachings should be abolished

Cow is also an animal , there is no law in Hinduism nor there is a fatwa like thing to kill any one who kills cow.

The whole thing is secular media exaggeration. I agree one or two lynching incidents happened. But cow protection is not the basis for the existence of Hinduism.

These are isolated incidents and condemnable. All they are saying is do not eat cows they are not saying people should stop eating beef.

we have cases of extremism but the situation in India is far more grim almost every day new videos or incidents surface of Hindhu vigilante justice.

Last edited:
What you want should we cancel the law give free hand to people to do unthinkable to our prophet MOHAMMAD P.B.U.H
Such a law is anti Islamic, those who insult the Holy Prophet (s.a.w) can answer to Allah, we do not have the authority to do anything to them.

Here is what Islam actually says about it:

"When you hear the signs of Allah held in defiance and ridicule, you are not to sit with them unless they turn to a different theme." [An-Nisa 4:140]

"Hold to forgiveness, command what is right; but turn away from the ignorant." [Al-A'raf 7:199]

"Have patience with what they say, and leave them with noble (dignity)." [Qur'an 73:10]

"Allah is with those who restrain themselves." [Qur'an 16: 128]

"And if you punished, let your punishment be proportionate to the wrong that has been done to you; but if you show patience, that is indeed the best course. [Qur'an 16:126]

". . . But they uttered blasphemy . . . if they repent, it will be best for them, but if they turn back, Allah will punish them." [At-Tawbah 9:74]

So even when they deserve punishment, the Quran states that Allah will punish them. Allah. Not people. I wonder, do any of those crazed 'students' consider themselves to be Allah (nauzubillah)? Then what gives them the right to carry out such a punishment?

Killing innocents in the name of Islam is the true blasphemy.

It would be much more reasonable to have an anti-hate speech law, which can include insulting remarks against any religion, with a penalty of a fine and a few months in prison. That would be a proportionate punishment. Anything else is excessive and will create injustice.

Allah commands justice, the doing of good, and liberality to kith and kin, and He forbids all shameful deeds, and injustice and rebellion: He instructs you, that you may receive admonition.” (Surah An-Nahl: 90)

I am not covering ANP, I think ANP are secular and not radicals.

This seems to be done by a radical group.

BTW blasphemy law is not in Islam it was framed by British.

I went through his fb posts , seems he has deeper understanding of life.
thisvis Not done by any radical group but the very student wing of secular ANP.

Such a law is anti Islamic, those who insult the Holy Prophet (s.a.w) can answer to Allah, we do not have the authority to do anything to them.

Here is what Islam actually says about it:

"When you hear the signs of Allah held in defiance and ridicule, you are not to sit with them unless they turn to a different theme." [An-Nisa 4:140]

"Hold to forgiveness, command what is right; but turn away from the ignorant." [Al-A'raf 7:199]

"Have patience with what they say, and leave them with noble (dignity)." [Qur'an 73:10]

"Allah is with those who restrain themselves." [Qur'an 16: 128]

"And if you punished, let your punishment be proportionate to the wrong that has been done to you; but if you show patience, that is indeed the best course. [Qur'an 16:126]

". . . But they uttered blasphemy . . . if they repent, it will be best for them, but if they turn back, Allah will punish them." [At-Tawbah 9:74]

So even when they deserve punishment, the Quran states that Allah will punish them. Allah. Not people. I wonder, do any of those crazed 'students' consider themselves to be Allah (nauzubillah)? Then what gives them the right to carry out such a punishment?

Killing innocents in the name of Islam is the true blasphemy.

It would be much more reasonable to have an anti-hate speech law, which can include insulting remarks against any religion, with a penalty of a fine and a few months in prison. That would be a proportionate punishment. Anything else is excessive and will create injustice.

Allah commands justice, the doing of good, and liberality to kith and kin, and He forbids all shameful deeds, and injustice and rebellion: He instructs you, that you may receive admonition.” (Surah An-Nahl: 90)

my respects sir this post explains blasphemy law has no backing of Islamic teachings

indeed if Allah can protect Quran Allah can also punish those speaking ill against his most beloved Prophet(PBUH)
lets leave it to Allah

besides if the law is still to be implemented why does not it include holy personalities of other religions that are practiced by minorities of Pakistan. what if somebody speaks ill about them and hurt sentiments of our country men?

The law is incomplete either should be abolished or made better.

thisvis Not done by any radical group but the very student wing of secular ANP.

secular, mullahs all have damaged the true teachings of Islam at the end the slain ones are innocent and our country men. Pakistan has to reject both these ideologies dictating violence and effecting our way of life just like we rejected TTP

He was NOT attracted to communist ideology
you dont just wear the revolutionary red cap and have posters of the literal founder of communism and che guevara in your room without being at least somewhat attracted to communist ideology.

Absolutely! There is not room for vigilante culture and no one should be allowed to kill anyone else. The perpetrators should be given exemplary punishments as this is the only wy to discourage this vigilante culture of religious bigorty and moral policing.

There was also another case Mr. Nawaz Sharif, where you never made a statement. This happened in your beloved city of Lahore and was committed by Punjab police which by having an IG of the province directly reports to your brother Shahbaz. That case was killing of Minhaj ul Quran workers who were ruthlessly killed by Punjab police. All the perpetrators have been given promotions or sent abroad to foreign missions. Knowing your filthy mindset and your policies of the last 30 years, this is a way of rewarding those who give you benefit. This in turn means killing Minhaj workers was in your political interests.

For the last 3 years, we are waiting a sorrowful and tearful statement from you for those killed under your brother's watch. Killing of Mashal is a despicable act but your statement is dishonest, smacks of political point scoring and lacks true sympathy.

do unthinkable? so in your opinion 'unthinkable' means questioning the validity or loopholes in things you aren't sure of? and cold bloodedly murdering someone is not in your definition of 'unthinkable'? you need to see a psychiatrist my friend. the prophet passed long back, he doesn't care at all what a few hundred or even thousand out of 7 billion people think or say about him. he didn't kill the woman who literally threw trash on him, what makes you think stuff like this will offend him? especially considering he has a much bigger responsibility with the day of judgement and all?

also i forgot to mention the original post. what a load of crap. i thought NS had balls, going out of his way for christmas and diwali celebrations, promising inclusivity, but it seems he's taken bhutto's cue with his definition of 'secular' being cowering in front of the mullahs. he can't do jack shite because of the backlash he'd face from his bedmates molana diesel, mullah burqa and aswj. bloody coward.

also i forgot to mention the original post. what a load of crap. i thought NS had balls, going out of his way for christmas and diwali celebrations, promising inclusivity, but it seems he's taken bhutto's cue with his definition of 'secular' being cowering in front of the mullahs. he can't do jack shite because of the backlash he'd face from his bedmates molana diesel, mullah burqa and aswj. bloody coward.

he is no coward.we all know what NS is capable off and should not expect more from him. The real cowards are mullahs who need a cloak like this law to protect their evil designs and so those seculars(ANP) using this law to murder innocents like Mashal Khan in the name of religion too

See the difference is when something like this happen all Pakistani ulemas speak against it because it's against islam teachings. But same isn't the case with hinduism. It's not proper religion and without any set of rules. Brahmincharia caste system prevent it from being ethical and fair. It's devoid of humanity which is alien concept to hinduism.

To fill that vacum so called liberal hindu Indian fall back on western values of ethics which are also inspired by judeo-christian. Problem is Indians are not christians but overwhelming followers of hinduism. That's why majority of you don't mind killing kashmiris en mass. Neither care about rss killing muslims keeping cows but when it comes to hindus who transport cows to slaughter house then they get away with couple of slaps.

You are good example of that by being ok with killing of humans for eating animals.

Last edited:
I think the verdict in the first case was given, not sure if the killers were hanged or are still awaiting https://www.dawn.com/news/1173254

2nd one I think is still not done.

This is not the first case of blasphemy, but since KP police has found culprits and is working vigilantly, every tom, dick and harry is here to earn some credit.

For Mian Nawaz Sharif, there is another case in Sialkot awaits justice where 2 brothers were beaten to death by a mob and then Model town massacre is waiting arrest of those police officers. Where is tom, dick and harry on these cases?

Back
Top Bottom