What's new

Naswarville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Animated gifs do work in my iPhone.As in if i save one to my mobile's camera roll and post it in gmail,then it works fine.
But while in the gallery/camera roll and when I post it in forums like these then it doesnt work.Why so??
If it wasnt working at all then the gif should not work in my gmail too.Isnt it??
Where am I going wrong??

From the technical perspective, iOS does support gif images in the browser of course, & Apple simply won't leave that format behind because of their emphasis on web browsing experience. If you copy & paste the links from your browser directly to the forum, then there should be absolutely no interference from the operating system.

I just tried saving a gif image on my iPhone through Safari, & it's saved in the camera roll for viewing as a regular JPEG image preview file. You can only view the regular gif version of the file saved in the camera roll in supported applications such as the default mail client or in your experience; the Gmail application. Some applications may not support transferring the file from the gallery in gif format, thus they end up using the JPEG preview version available in the photo gallery. That's apparently what happens when uploading the image through Safari, there is nothing you can do about it.

From the technical perspective, iOS does support gif images in the browser of course, & Apple simply won't leave that format behind because of their emphasis on web browsing experience. If you copy & paste the links from your browser directly to the forum, then there should be absolutely no interference from the operating system.

I just tried saving a gif image on my iPhone through Safari, & it's saved in the camera roll for viewing as a regular JPEG image preview file. You can only view the regular gif version of the file saved in the camera roll in supported applications such as the default mail client or in your experience; the Gmail application. Some applications may not support transferring the file from the gallery in gif format, thus they end up using the JPEG preview version available in the photo gallery. That's apparently what happens when uploading the image through Safari, there is nothing you can do about it.

Oh!
Then I am dumping apple...dumping it for sure.:pissed:

But thanks @p(-)0ENiX for always helping me out in solving apple related issues.I tried googling on this issue but could not find much.:tsk:
Thanks once again!!
:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom