What's new

Naswarville

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are many examples a computer security expert would be able to provide you of retrieving personal information on public Wifi. This includes things like setting up your own Internet router to trick naive individuals in to connecting their devices to it for free Internet & then monitoring their traffic. Insecure Wifi hotspots that do not make use of appropriate encryption methods are also open to monitoring.
Gotcha!!!!
Will be more careful next time.

p(-)0ENiX said:
Are you referring to Microsoft's Remote Desktop Connection client? I have administrative access to our server at work, but I think there is a way to configure which files are available to users on the host machine.

No,we all have teamviewer's installed.And from the site its easy to share drawings with teamviewer,so we use it quite often.The issue is from last few months there were few password change attempts of my gmail &yahoo accts.And my twitter account was compromised and finally i had to deactivate it.I am still wondering why and how all this happened.I do suspect that i might 've used my gmail,yahoo or twitter accts while my teamviewer was on.

heck i read naswaristan again:tsk::tsk:
haha! that's a feat which requires courage and dedication.....I can never achieve such a thing for sure.If i remember it correctly you did something similar with the whatever thread as well.
So, now that you've read the whole thread.I'll prefer to put my neck on the line ( :D ) and appreciate you if you can judge my posts on merit.Indicate the ones in which there may be a hint that i've crossed the line in the members' club.
A healthy criticism is always welcomed.I'll enforce few improvements based upon your verdict.

Go for it. He's just frustrated, there he was thinking that an independent BD would flourish into a continent spanning caliphate only to realize that it was forever doomed to reside in our shadows, some people react to unmet expectations by turning dour and sore, the general drama. He reacts by enacting three act plays in the place of said drama and generally frothing away like a raving lunatic, if anything learn to enjoy his outbreaks..sad miah indeed as @Capt.Popeye has aptly named him.

@balixd kya haal hai yaara, everything kosher? How goes work and life?

Hahaha; @Dillinger; mujhko yaad kiya?
a_sad miah
never ceases to amuse me inspite of his dire fulminations; tossed around indiscriminately!
Actually this choice label of "Professional" hoisted on some reminds me of some other Professionals.
Back in the days; we had something known as the "Topass branch" in the IN, they were the janitors who cleaned the Heads or toilets among other cleaning chores. Now the Topasses were Professionals too; they wore uniform and could fire a weapon (the humble Lee-Enfields) and closed up during Battle Station to assigned tasks.

Later the IN abolished the Topass Branch; it was part of the streamlining and Democratization Process in the same era that Sailors' Round Caps and 'Square Rigs' gave way to Peaked Caps and Collared Shirts 'Fore and Aft Rig' like the Petty Officers. IMO a very good move it was.

@Flamingo: I found that line that he spun, incredibly amusing. That he was sparing you only because he owed Gen. Arora something !!! Was he trying to impress us? He is no Col.M.A.G. Osmany.
Or maybe he owes Gen. Arora some money, perhaps?

Hahaha; @Dillinger; mujhko yaad kiya?
a_sad miah
never ceases to amuse me inspite of his dire fulminations; tossed around indiscriminately!
Actually this choice label of "Professional" hoisted on some reminds me of some other Professionals.
Back in the days; we had something known as the "Topass branch" in the IN, they were the janitors who cleaned the Heads or toilets among other cleaning chores. Now the Topasses were Professionals too; they wore uniform and could fire a weapon (the humble Lee-Enfields) and closed up during Battle Station to assigned tasks.

Later the IN abolished the Topass Branch; it was part of the streamlining and Democratization Process in the same era that Sailors' Round Caps and 'Square Rigs' gave way to Peaked Caps and Collared Shirts 'Fore and Aft Rig' like the Petty Officers. IMO a very good move it was.

@Flamingo: I found that line that he spun, incredibly amusing. That he was sparing you only because he owed Gen. Arora something !!! Was he trying to impress us? He is no Col.M.A.G. Osmany.
Or maybe he owes Gen. Arora some money, perhaps?

Well, I for one end up short of just pitying him.

Btw, any idea as to the information and data sharing capability of the IN and its ships? If the E-2s are to be procured in the future then it would be a shame not to be able to employ its Cooperative engagement capability (which would require creating said system with our own data link running it) where the sensor data can be combined and shared across platforms in the AO- as in where a ship can then launch a SAM where another platform is feeding it the radar dwell information...something akin to the IACCS of the IAF where real time data sharing and data collation is provided for across platforms. Any idea?

Well, I for one end up short of just pitying him.

Btw, any idea as to the information and data sharing capability of the IN and its ships? If the E-2s are to be procured in the future then it would be a shame not to be able to employ its Cooperative engagement capability (which would require creating said system with our own data link running it) where the sensor data can be combined and shared across platforms in the AO- as in where a ship can then launch a SAM where another platform is feeding it the radar dwell information...something akin to the IACCS of the IAF where real time data sharing and data collation is provided for across platforms. Any idea?

That capability already exists; through Data transfer via Microwave/Terrestrial Radio CW and Satcom.
Now the space-based segment has become fully autonomous via GSAT. Earlier Satcom Comms were routed through INMARSAT which raised Security issues inspite of encryption.
There have reports of utilisation of this capability during various Exercises, where one ship tracked and identified the target which was then fired upon by another ship some where else. Targeting Data was transferred and not by voice command transmission. The Data-Links are thus Intra-Ship as well as Inter-Ship not to mention Aircraft-Ship and Ship-Aircraft too. For instance; how were the Ka-31s and Il-38s talking to the ships?

That capability already exists; through Data transfer via Microwave/Terrestrial Radio CW and Satcom.
Now the space-based segment has become fully autonomous via GSAT. Earlier Satcom Comms were routed through INMARSAT which raised Security issues inspite of encryption.
There have reports of utilisation of this capability during various Exercises, where one ship tracked and identified the target which was then fired upon by another ship some where else. Targeting Data was transferred and not by voice command transmission. The Data-Links are thus Intra-Ship as well as Inter-Ship not to mention Aircraft-Ship and Ship-Aircraft too. For instance; how were the Ka-31s and Il-38s talking to the ships?

The data sharing is there but I need to look into how robust the real time data collation is. You know I still can't believe that we settled for something like the 31s with the "Oko" on our ACs..damn it but I would have given my left nut for a more capable AEW system out there over the waves.

The data sharing is there but I need to look into how robust the real time data collation is. You know I still can't believe that we settled for something like the 31s with the "Oko" on our ACs..damn it but I would have given my left nut for a more capable AEW system out there over the waves.

Its in real time now, both intra-ship and inter-ship or more correctly inter-platform.

About the Ka-31s: its all that we have got for now. Do not under-estimate it either. The Ruusians did after, building them for IN. Now they are looking to acquire them for themselves.
But undoubtedly; their biggest handicap is range, they can sweep upto about 200 kms or so around the Carriers, but OTOH that increases the swept area in geometric progression compared to the Carriers own Sensors. Apart from that the Carier can call up shore-based Airborne Sensors, but that may have availability issues.

So; all said and done, best to have enhanced organic abilities on the carrier itself. Now with recent news emanating wrt IAC-2, that may be coming to reality.

Its in real time now, both intra-ship and inter-ship or more correctly inter-platform.

About the Ka-31s: its all that we have got for now. Do not under-estimate it either. The Ruusians did after, building them for IN. Now they are looking to acquire them for themselves.
But undoubtedly; their biggest handicap is range, they can sweep upto about 200 kms or so around the Carriers, but OTOH that increases the swept area in geometric progression compared to the Carriers own Sensors. Apart from that the Carier can call up shore-based Airborne Sensors, but that may have availability issues.

So; all said and done, best to have enhanced organic abilities on the carrier itself. Now with recent news emanating wrt IAC-2, that may be coming to reality.

Yes it will have to be the IAC-2 which will carry the flag into more dangerous waters. One E-2C can sweep up an area which comes close to encompassing Gwadar and Karachi from 400Km out, and that happens to be the stated detection range for fighter sized targets. One Phalcon based in Jamnagar can veritably scan out well beyond Karachi..all in all it will have to be a true combined arms operation.

Last edited:
Yes it will have to be the IAC-2 which will carry the flag into more dangerous waters. One E-2C can sweep up an area which comes close to encompassing Gwadar and Karachi from 400Km out, and that happens to be the stated detection range for fighter sized targets. One Phalcon based in Jamnagar can veritably scan out well beyond Karachi..all in all it will have to be a true combined arms operation.

Anything in the N.Arabian Sea will be Combined Services, unlike 1971. That was used in Op.Talwar in 1999 and has been progressively Exercised since, every year.

Anything in the N.Arabian Sea will be Combined Services, unlike 1971. That was used in Op.Talwar in 1999 and has been progressively Exercised since, every year.

Yes but we do have some friction when it comes to combined services ops, we need to game this scenario and iron out any kinks. Availability of ISR assets is an issue if the CBG has to depend upon the IAF's resources unless a dedicated shore based squadron of E-2s is set upon for the IN. We should be employing the advantage that geography affords us.

Yes but we do have some friction when it comes to combined services ops, we need to game this scenario and iron out any kinks. Availability of ISR assets is an issue if the CBG has to depend upon the IAF's resources unless a dedicated shore based squadron of E-2s is set upon for the IN. We should be employing the advantage that geography affords us.

Its a work in progress and may not be perfect yet; but I believe that its good. But has less to do with infra and equipment and more to do with attitudes. Peace-time is no good indicator.
See how 1999 started out and how it eventually evolved; and there was little of the required infra and eqpt in place then.

Its a work in progress and may not be perfect yet; but I believe that its good. But has less to do with infra and equipment and more to do with attitudes. Peace-time is no good indicator.
See how 1999 started out and how it eventually evolved; and there was little of the required infra and eqpt in place then.

That is true. Yet one would like to see a higher quantum of combined arms exercises at sea. We need to get the boys at Jamnagar and Pune used to navigating and operating over the waves so as to ensure that the enemy cannot "out-flank" the ships so to say. But all in good time I guess..all in good time.

That is true. Yet one would like to see a higher quantum of combined arms exercises at sea. We need to get the boys at Jamnagar and Pune used to navigating and operating over the waves so as to ensure that the enemy cannot "out-flank" the ships so to say. But all in good time I guess..all in good time.

Abaiii tu yeh discuss cheeezeiin aiseee kartaaa haiii that either of the PN or IN Officers would be logging onto PDF reading your views & thinking ''Oyee....I never thought of that....write that down sailor & 'following' this Lemur's musings'' :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom