What's new

Naswarville

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree hence why they are called 'origin myths' !

But frankly I for one don't care whether my ancient ancestors were Brahmins from Kashmir or Chimpanzees from Africa for that knowledge has no bearing whatsoever on my present, especially if I'm avowedly against any form of ethno-linguistic nationalism !

Chimpanzees from Africa!? Racist! :D

Yeah, the knowledge of our ancestors won't change the various problems our people face today. I wasn't talking about nationalism in my previous post, but the origins of the Indo-Iranian people as a whole. When I speak of nationalism, I am not referring to nationalism among our modern day ethnic groups. I know how these ethnicities evolved & when I refer to nationalism, I mean the common Indo-Iranian heritage that exists among all of our ethnicities if not in the form of blood, then in the form of language & culture. Terms like Pasthun, Baloch, et cetera refers to modern day ethnicities, but in the past they were nothing more than a bunch of united Indo-Iranian tribes that later evolved. Their languages were similar in the past as well. Combine that with the geographical basis of various civilizations in our region & it becomes obvious that Pakistani people have multitudes of reasons to remain united. All of us share a past going back thousands of years, & our religious heritage is obviously important too.

By the way, where did this idea of Jesus in Kashmir come from? This story has no basis in the Quran, or even in the Old & New Testaments.

i stress on da view that when u are bein logical and look at any prob neutrally without giving ur sympathies n loyalities wid them on color,family or races base then u dun say we support this cuz we belong to them n are more close to them but we dun support the other one cuz they dun belong to us directly!

this is not humanity! we shud think as human not as pakistani only n only do number kashmiri:p alot of other nationalities also deserve our attention n support!:p

It's not just about race or language sister, even though that plays a role as well. :) Kashmir is our business because both Pakistan & India have claims over its territory. The fact that the Kashmiris have ethnic, & religious (Islamic) ties to Pakistanis just increases support for them. Even you share the Indo-Iranian heritage with Kashmiris. Whether your roots are Iranian (Persian?) or Punjabi (?), both groups are our ancient cousins. :) A few thousand years back our ancestors probably built their chariots together.
m0129.gif
Besides, genetic affinity can't be overlooked.

Strong blood ties is what makes a mother love her children, it's the same reason step mothers are portrayed as being unloving (weaker or absent blood bonds). Humans naturally feel closer to those that resemble them, that's just how the human mind works in general. Whatever happens in countries or regions neighboring us has a strong possibility of affecting our own nation, & that makes it important for us to remain alert & defend ourselves. As for helping humanity, if Pakistanis want to do that then they shouldn't cherry pick who they desire to help on the basis of religion either because it's discriminatory & inhumane. There are many people out there in all parts of the world that could do with humanitarian assistance. :)

Last edited:
@Anubis apparently with Mozena's visit and the successful embedding of Indian origin fellows in key posts related to the US pivot we have ensured that Washington will treat Bangladesh as our vassal, I love your fellow Kaluh, its such an ego boost to read what he cooks up.:D

@Ayush Kya haal hai sahib, pee ke tun?

@Armstrong Butty

lopez_tree.jpg

Oi @Marshmallow did you go to the Youth for Kashmir Event yesterday held from Centaurs to Shaheed-E-Millant Building in Islamabad ? :)

Or did you disown all of that like you'd disown your own Big Brother - Me - just because I am a Kashmiri ! :(

Oi @Marshmallow did you go to the Youth for Kashmir Event yesterday held from Centaurs to Shaheed-E-Millant Building in Islamabad ? :)

Or did you disown all of that like you'd disown your own Big Brother - Me - just because I am a Kashmiri ! :(
Did you go? More recruits for filling up the graves hunh?:p

Just drawing your attention, so what's cooking in lungi land, how goes the BNP led hartal/protest?

Turning pretty violent.....multiple 'cocktail' bombs(homemade small bombs) exploded.....police shooting like there's no tomorrow....conspiracy theories floating around....possibility of a military backed American blessed 'third party' coming to power!Am enjoying a 'Chicken Alfredo' pizza and watching the news!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom