What's new

Naswarville

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Armstrong's skull has been discovered recently :rofl:

ROMAN-SKULLS-2331163.jpg

Roman skulls discovered during work on the new Crossrail project

The latest "fascinating" discovery is just one in a long line of historical mysteries unearthed in the £14.8 billion scheme
Crossrail construction workers got the shock of their lives when they stumbled across 20 Roman skulls near London's Liverpool Street station.

The spooky remains, ingrained with dirt and eroded by water, were found six metres below ground in the sediment of the River Walbrook.

The site is located beneath a 16th century Bedlam burial ground, where 3,000 skeletons will be removed during archaeological excavations next year.

As many as 20,000 may have been buried there including Bedlam patients, plague victims, paupers and the rich.

It was used for burials for around 150 years starting in the 1500s.

The site was London’s first municipal graveyard and was right next to Bethlem Hospital.

A string of similar discoveries over the last few years has lead to speculation that they were heads decapitated by Queen Boudicca's rebels during the rebellion against Roman occupation in the 1st century AD.

ROMAN-SKULLS-2331165.jpg

But later archaeology suggested that the river possibly eroded a Roman cemetery and the remains had been washed downstream.

The latest skulls were piled up in clusters, and archaeologists believe they collected in the bend of the river.

"This is an unexpected and fascinating discovery that reveals another piece in the jigsaw of London's history," said lead archaeologist Jay Carver.

"This isn't the first time that skulls have been found in the bed of the River Walbrook and many early historians suggested these people were killed during the Boudicca rebellion against the Romans."

The tunnellers have also discovered wooden medieval structures believed to have been part of the walls of the Bedlam burial ground.

The Museum of London Archaeology will try and analyse the age, sex and diet of the people associated with the skulls over the coming months.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/roman-skulls-discovered-during-work-2331017

@p(-)0ENiX ye news tu hoax nai hu sakti na:girl_cray3: its abt @Armstrong:drag:

Last edited by a moderator:
@p(-)0ENiX ye news tu hoax nai hu sakti na:girl_cray3:

:lol:

That article mentions Queen Boudicca. She fought the occupying Roman forces for the freedom of Britain. I think she was representing the Iceni tribe or something.

Queen_Boudica_by_John_Opie.jpg

I forgot to mention that she was defeated by the Romans.

Mashallah, today I've managed to **** EVERYONE off...... what an awesome start to a day......... now time to enjoy myself....... :yay:

Yara, where did you hear/read that? :blink:

@Armstrong, tu bhee idher aa ja!

This munshi was straight As in the science department till the last two standards where I had commerce. Only picked it coz I wanted to be a CFA and earn cartloads of cash. Now you know why the munshi doth speak about matters technical.:)
@Hyperion Btw I had one upstart tell me that the key to China's engines would be using niobium, I am going to kill somebody. Yes and higher TET. OPR and target SFC were achieved through wonder coatings, blisk manufacturing and fixing the hot zones kya ghas charne gaya tha.

Yara, where did you hear/read that? :blink:

@Armstrong, tu bhee idher aa ja!

Article about Ukraine passing on Russian engine tech (apparently the Russians left a lot of stuff lying around- figures) to the Chinese, some Chinese poster copy pasted that here.

Yups, loads of metallurgical know-how was left in Ukraine, specially the ones pertaining to engines and alloy manufacturing processes!

If that's the case, it will subtract at least 3 decades off of Chinese engines!

Article about Ukraine passing on Russian engine tech (apparently the Russians left a lot of stuff lying around- figures) to the Chinese, some Chinese poster copy pasted that here.

Yups, loads of metallurgical know-how was left in Ukraine, specially the ones pertaining to engines and alloy manufacturing processes!

If that's the case, it will subtract at least 3 decades off of Chinese engines!

We tapped the Ukrainians too actually, apparently even rocket engines and cryo tech was left behind, plus radar tech (specially passive radar tech). Now THAT is what one calls a wind-fall gain, and the Ukrainians are just sitting on it.

You mean the passive sensory nodes? Yups, we got butt loads of them too. Picked them up like there was no tomorrow! :rofl:

Cryotech, as I always say, it's not the "tech" that matters (60% maybe), it's the functioning of it. It's more like an art than anything else.

We tapped the Ukrainians too actually, apparently even rocket engines and cryo tech was left behind, plus radar tech (specially passive radar tech). Now THAT is what one calls a wind-fall gain, and the Ukrainians are just sitting on it.

You mean the passive sensory nodes? Yups, we got butt loads of them too. Picked them up like there was no tomorrow! :rofl:

Cryotech, as I always say, it's not the "tech" that matters (60% maybe), it's the functioning of it. It's more like an art than anything else.

Still they have been gifted disproportionately, I have a sneaking feeling that they could easily transfer some critical know-how if tapped properly- China's been at it for more than a decade (in fact the engine news is 5 years old, I remember it because the guy who printed it here in TOI passed it off as his journalistic piece and was a senior of mine (by 7 years in school, I knew him coz he was senior house head and I was his opposite number in junior school), I cornered him about it later, he had copy pasted an article word to word and attributed nothing to the original writers).

We've started talking to them just now, lets see what they have to offer.

You know that we are entrenched their for more than a decade now. I personally know many of our def tech guys there for some time!

We've started talking to them just now, lets see what they have to offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom