What's new

Naswaristan

Status
Not open for further replies.
@arp2041 Please tell me how to delete a post....thanks in advance....

Last edited by a moderator:
Who's that in your avatar? Hilarious chap, does he have his gun out? :P

He is a comedian..... One of the best... Right now he is recovering from a fatal accident.... His name is Jagathi Sreekumar aka Ambilichettan

buddy you can't delete it until u become a senior member, 2k posts.

No wonder.... was trying every tricks in this forum.. some how couldnt find the delete button.... Thanks buddy

@arp2041 Ki haal mere yaar. @ZYXW edited the posts? The mods would have been not the least bit pleased to see us chatting up like that.:D My friends are going to Cancun and a few others to Puerto Vallarta during the spring break:frown: I WANT TO GO TO CANCUN!!:cry: @Armstrong You haven't completed The Republic yet, what about his Symposium? Here's something I'd gone through a long time back-Slavoj Zizek - A Glance into the Archives of Islam- dunno if you will appreciate it but its Slavoj so..:enjoy:. @Hyperion I cannot remember correctly now, but did you ever refer to yourself as HypeZu? How are the goats btw? :D @KRAIT kya haal hai yara, is aunty feeling better now?

Unfortunately I couldn't make much sense of Slavoj's article he seems to be jumping from one conclusion to another without even exploring it to the fullest. I would have very much appreciated had he included some political & security paradigms in his assessment of the Muslim response to Modernity (the Fundamentalist one) & the alleged inherent anti-semitism in Islam. The rest of the article & more so his attempt to explore femininity & Islam or its lack of appreciation thereof didn't really come across as coherent enough for me to understand fully.

Khair I suppose we all see what we want to see, including Slavoj !

And no, unfortunately, I've only ever read a few excerpts from the Symposium; I have, however, enjoyed reading through the Last Days of Socrates & the 4 immensely profound dialogues that it contains.

@Hyperion yaar kaha ho??

koi Irani news?? :D

Unfortunately I couldn't make much sense of Slavoj's article he seems to be jumping from one conclusion to another without even exploring it to the fullest. I would have very much appreciated had he included some political & security paradigms in his assessment of the Muslim response to Modernity (the Fundamentalist one) & the alleged inherent anti-semitism in Islam. The rest of the article & more so his attempt to explore femininity & Islam or its lack of appreciation thereof didn't really come across as coherent enough for me to understand fully.

Khair I suppose we all see what we want to see, including Slavoj !

And no, unfortunately, I've only ever read a few excerpts from the Symposium; I have, however, enjoyed reading through the Last Days of Socrates & the 4 immensely profound dialogues that it contains.

Socrates and Plato were the boss yara. We have some of our own texts which were written by their contemporaries here in India or predating them..specially the 3rd-4th century B.C. texts on philosophy, agnosticism, atheism and even antitheism (obviously using these terms themselves with regard to the terminologies of the time would be a gross anachronism), read any and all I could get my hands on- was amazed.

Slavoj can be very erudite, esoteric, didactic and obscure at the same time. While I agreed with some of the things he said, even I found this particular work of his to be scattered in composition and matter. Being an atheist though- it has always baffled me- don't all religions need to stop proclaiming themselves to be the only true religion for there to be religious harmony- won't such absolutist claims only cause more enmity? Hope you won't take any offence since this a religious question. Oh and try to make it a succinct reply, sorry for that limitation but we need to limit our posts before more people complain.:D

good-day-7.jpg

Socrates and Plato were the boss yara. We have some of our own texts which were written by their contemporaries here in India or predating them..specially the 3rd-4th century B.C. texts on philosophy, agnosticism, atheism and even antitheism (obviously using these terms themselves with regard to the terminologies of the time would be a gross anachronism), read any and all I could get my hands on- was amazed.

Slavoj can be very erudite, esoteric, didactic and obscure at the same time. While I agreed with some of the things he said, even I found this particular work of his to be scattered in composition and matter. Being an atheist though- it has always baffled me- don't all religions need to stop proclaiming themselves to be the only true religion for there to be religious harmony- won't such absolutist claims only cause more enmity? Hope you won't take any offence since this a religious question. Oh and try to make it a succinct reply, sorry for that limitation but we need to limit our posts before more people complain.:D

No not really absolutism is a part of human nature & therefore whatever we may or may not argue has not only an element of 'finality & exclusivity' to it but also comes with an inherent propensity for terrible abuse. And this isn't just peculiar to 'religious disposition', in fact not peculiar at all to it, it is a component of whatever we espouse whether of a socio, political, legal or economic dimension ! For all of the aforementioned are 'beliefs' & as long as you continue to 'believe' in something that 'Us' vs 'Them' thing is going to be forever present.

The touch stone should be - Extremism (and not even violence but plain extremism) ! If I can't stand you disagreeing with me then that should set-off the alarms.

No not really absolutism is a part of human nature & therefore whatever we may or may not argue has not only an element of 'finality & exclusivity' to it but also comes with an inherent propensity for terrible abuse. And this isn't just peculiar to 'religious disposition', in fact not peculiar at all to it, it is a component of whatever we espouse whether of a socio, political, legal or economic dimension ! For all of the aforementioned are 'beliefs' & as long as you continue to 'believe' in something that 'Us' vs 'Them' thing is going to be forever present.

The touch stone should be - Extremism (and not even violence but plain extremism) ! If I can't stand you disagreeing with me then that should set-off the alarms.

Seems like a more applicable approach and perhaps even a more nuanced one. Ah! But you do always pleasantly surprise me with your answers. :D
AND LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WE CANNOT BE MORE SUCCINCT THAN THIS. PROBLEM?:D @arp2041 @Hyperion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom