What's new

Narrowing PAF Gap V IAF by 2015

Well...we have done part of it.... JF-17 in 4 years,while TEJAS still a prototype? tut tut?

Come on, making Fighter aircraft is not like building a car..!

Even with earlier manufacturing experience of fighter aircrafts, France took 14-16 years to build Rafele, technology keeps changing. U need to incorporate the same to the machine, else you will be out of the fight.

JF-17 in four years - the one now flying is just a platform only, yet to incorporate the new systems and it will take time to negotiate and to get the same.

Unless of course you discount

RAF versis LUFTWAFFE in world war 2 wen the germans outnumberede the RAF by 4-1 ie 700 versis 3000. but RAF had better planes and some thing called RADAR ie real time intel. in 1944

OR an israeli type pre emptive air strike like in 1967 wen 265 israeli planes knocked out 3 arab air forces of 600 planes in one massive raid.

Any comments welcome

this is the most crucial part of our airforce doctrine .....I suppose we are opting for the very latest technology as per our special requirements ....this is the reason for the extensive trials of the MMRCA...we are upgrading our forces keeping china in mind(whom we can never match in numbers and should not think of doing so)...but it also suffices for the PAF not that the PAF would ever achieve numerical superiority against IAF.....our 400 bvr capable migs coupled with phalcons make an effective strike force against air defense fighters of PAF(considering if thunders are exclusively used for defensive sorties)....and for backup we might keep the mig 29 \mirage as a second line of strike force....the MMRCA would be mainly for our eastern flank ......

...and I'm sure PAF will only induct Mushak (lucky if it can get Super Mushak) with slingshots. PAF will counter MMRCA with FC-20 (and upgraded variants of this fighter), if not additional new-built F-16s as well. As I stated earlier, the JF-17 can sufficiently address the MKI and LCA issue, even though its not superior it is still a viable force in terms of defending Pakistani air space. As for PAK-FA and FGFA, I guess I can relent and say IAF will begin inducting them by 2025, but PAF will have a 5th generation option from China (who reportedly has 2 such programs).

I presume the bolded part was sarcasm....however regarding The chinese 5th generation programs assuming they materialise by 2025 as in "status Operational within the PLAAF" it is highly unlikely that they would be offered in credible numbers to the PAF to counter 50 Pak FA s and 200 FGFA's ......money is a huge constraint......

I presume the bolded part was sarcasm....however regarding The chinese 5th generation programs assuming they materialise by 2025 as in "status Operational within the PLAAF" it is highly unlikely that they would be offered in credible numbers to the PAF to counter 50 Pak FA s and 200 FGFA's ......money is a huge constraint......
I don't see 50 PAK-FA and 200 FGFAs in 2025, or even when PAF does begin inducting 5th generation fighters.

JF17....JF17....JF17.... Do we have any thing xcept this JF17.... ?????

lOoks **** when people compare JF17 with *** Su30 Mki... MMRCA.... 5th generation... comeon yaar For God's sake....

lOoks **** when people compare JF17 with *** Su30 Mki... MMRCA.... 5th generation... comeon yaar For God's sake....

going by official chinese reports if the thunder is comparable to the mirage 2000 backed by the Saab eryre it is adequate to counter a numerically superior fleet of bisons as far as credible defense is concerned....imho it makes good sense to aquire as many thunders as possible rather than f16's or gripens......

Chalo ab j10 j10 j10 j10 karain gai. Ghussa thook do bhai. :D

I don't see 50 PAK-FA and 200 FGFAs in 2025, or even when PAF does begin inducting 5th generation fighters.

This is an interesting or, rather hilarious claim..
Lets see what materializes..

if they begin PAK FA induction by 2017 (by which time the final prototype will be fully developed) then considering the fact that the ADA of india has already started design for the AMCA and aerodynamic modification for the FGFA...drdo working independantly or collaborating with israeli and french companies on the avionics , EW suites and other subsystems ....we can suppose the FGFA final prototype would be finalised in a year or two after 2017....now 12 or 14 planes a year with production variants in both russia and India(as is happening with the MKIs now )....will easily give a 100 + planes or more....considering the current economic condition of pakistan how many counters to this can the PAF get its hands on...?

I think its the other way around , Pakistan is narrowing the Indian military gap

I think its the other way around , Pakistan is narrowing the Indian military gap

Thats an overstatement considering pak military establishment is hardly transparent almost 90 % of times the talks are speculative you can take it as positive or negative thats a 50% probability in each

narrowing of gap thats overkill because looking at the next few years and the numbers and the sheer pace at which RFPs are invited from across the border the numbers will soar to such that would be hard to match

Thats an overstatement considering pak military establishment is hardly transparent almost 90 % of times the talks are speculative you can take it as positive or negative thats a 50% probability in each

narrowing of gap thats overkill because looking at the next few years and the numbers and the sheer pace at which RFPs are invited from across the border the numbers will soar to such that would be hard to match

Who us ? we are just focused Thunder/J10B only for now no plans for 5th generation in near future

Well if we went by your estimates, then I'd be baffled as to why IAF is pursuing MMRCA when it can gear up for more 5th generation fighters arriving in little more than a couple of years?

mark i agree with you when it comes to a defensive approach that PAF wants to maintain even though you say 250 jf-17 and 36 odd j10 is good but production of 250 jf-17 does need a long time and so does the aspect of mastering the aircraft
moreover you are ignoring the fact that PAF has to cover the Indian naval aviation which will engage quite a bit of PAF resources and int hat factor IN is over matching PN by 7:1 roughly in a future scerenio with an order of 150 secured procurements for IN by 2025

the talk of narrowing the gap as i said is transient it will narrow and then widen again narrow.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom