What's new

Narendra Modi praises China before US non-resident Gujaratis

Android

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
AHMEDABAD: Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi praised China while addressing non-resident Gujaratis (NRG) in the US through video-conferencing on Sunday. Many are seeing this as Modi's jibe at the US for continuing with its policy of not issuing him a visa for the post-Godhra riots even seven years after the ban had been enforced. A Republican lawmaker has asked for the ban to be revoked after Modi was put on the cover of Time magazine , but US officials said last month there was no change in their stand.
"If Gujarat and China are being compared today, it is because of the success of the manufacturing sector, in which the state has taken a lead," Modi told the NRGs through a video-link from Ahmedabad."There was a time when Chinese clay pottery was famous around the world. Today, Morbi's ceramic industryis competing with China in exports." Many businessmen from Morbi were upset with the BJP for collecting funds under the Dhansangrah schemefor the upcoming elections.
"Gujarat is becoming the automobile hub of Asia. Today, I want to proudly say that there is no single vehicle in the country of which the parts are not manufactured in the state and exported and used to makevehicles," he asserted.
He also spoke about milk industry's growth. "The milk production has been increased by 68% in the state in the last decade. I can proudly say todaythat the Delhi government won't get tea unless Gujarat provides milk to it," Modi gushed.

Narendra Modi praises China before US non-resident Gujaratis - The Times of India

Gujarat probably has the best economic system in all of India. The results are clear to see.

I have always admired China. Many Indians, in fact, respect China for what it has achieved and look at it as a general model of growth aside from the political system, of course. Lifting as many people out of poverty as China has in such little time is no mean achievement.

However, I'm not really fond of the high IQ chinese posters here on PDF. I honestly think we need more people to people contact. We have been co-existing for thousands of years and the amount of contact we've had has been nothing to write home about.

I heard Volkswagon has decided to build its new plant in Gujarat instead of the earlier proposed Maharashtra.

I have always admired China. Many Indians, in fact, respect China for what it has achieved and look at it as a general model of growth aside from the political system, of course. Lifting as many people out of poverty as China has in such little time is no mean achievement.

However, I'm not really fond of the high IQ chinese posters here on PDF. I honestly think we need more people to people contact. We have been co-existing for thousands of years and the amount of contact we've had has been nothing to write home about.

Frankly, if you go to the average person on the street in China, and spew the ***** that the Indian members here usually love to spew about China and Chinese people, then their reaction will most likely be exactly the same as ours.

If you treat people nicely, you'll get the same in return. And vice-versa.

Why are we discussing Modi?

His an Indian Traitor, Murderer ........... Cases against him are still going on thanks to Indian Justice system he is still a free man

If u want to praise then praise the Gujarati business community they have done all the work

frankly Gujarati are nice ppl if u can remove the communal insect from them.

Modi is a regime insider. It's ludicrous to think he's anything different.

Frankly, if you go to the average person on the street in India, and spew the ***** that the Chinese members here usually love to spew about India and Indian people, then their reaction will most likely be exactly the same as ours.

If you treat people nicely, you'll get the same in return. And vice-versa.

...and vice-versa.

Modi is a regime insider. It's ludicrous to think he's anything different.

He may be an insider, but the Economic model of his province (Gujarat) is certainly better than the rest of India.

Gujarat's economy: India's Guangdong | The Economist

These days Gujarat accounts for 5% of India's population but 16% of its industrial output and 22% of its exports.

20110709_asc124.gif

Actually, to be fair to congress, the GoI at the centre would also have done far better in economic matters had it enjoyed the kind of majority in the parliament that Modi enjoys in the state assembly.

...and vice-versa.

What I'm saying is that the assumption you made, that the Chinese people on this forum are somehow more antagonistic towards India than the average Chinese person, is incorrect. They are simply responding in the same manner in which the Indian members here treat us.

If you want a more neutral view about the situation, here is a third-party (non-Chinese and non-Indian) source:

It seems to be a national obsession in India: measuring the country’s economic development against China’s yardstick.

Indians, in fact, seem to talk endlessly about all things China, a neighbor with whom they have long had a prickly relationship, but which is also one of the few other economies that has had 8 percent or more annual growth in recent years.

Indian newspapers are filled with articles comparing the two countries. Indian executives refer to China as a template for development. Government officials cite Beijing, variously as a threat, partner or role model.

But if keeping up with the Wangs is India’s economic motive force, the rivalry seems to be largely one-sided.

New York Times - India Measures Itself Against a China That Doesn’t Notice

I heard Volkswagon has decided to build its new plant in Gujarat instead of the earlier proposed Maharashtra.

If you actually take trolls on the internet seriously then I'm afraid it's going to be a long run don't take the internet seriously, in people to people, Chinese are neutral to india.

What I'm saying is that the assumption you made, that the Chinese people on this forum are somehow more antagonistic towards India than the average Chinese person, is incorrect. They are simply responding in the same manner in which the Indian members here treat us.

If you want a more neutral view about the situation, here is a third-party (non-Chinese and non-Indian) source:

New York Times - India Measures Itself Against a China That Doesn’t Notice

On forums people spew crap against each other in actual reality Chinese in general have a neutral view of India.

If you actually take trolls on the internet seriously then I'm afraid it's going to be a long run don't take the internet seriously, in people to people, Chinese are neutral to india.

I don't. Honestly I don't. They are at the most a nuisance in my leisure time on the internet.

Modi does well more because he was lucky to be part of a good province than actual skill.

It's as ludicrous to compare Gujarat and Bihar as it is to compare Mongolia and Singapore. Some places are just luckier than others and do better because of geography, population, per capita resources and relations with other states, not because of any internal policies.

I don't. Honestly I don't. They are at the most a nuisance in my leisure time on the internet.

Best to just move on and let trolls fight it out. Forums in general unless heavily moderated are hotbeds of trolling, I do believe there are many misconceptions then actually talking people to believe it certainly would help on people to people taking.

NARENADRA MODI , THE MASS MURDERER of 3000+ innocent Indian Civilians is trying to suck up to Chinese to gather International recognition. The only international recognition he will get is that of a MASS MURDERER OF 3000+ INNOCENT INDIAN CITIZENS. All the white wash will not erase his sin ( PAAP ).

Back
Top Bottom