What's new

Narendra Modi: Britain can't simply shrug off this Hindu extremist

hussain0216

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The UK will also suffer if India elects this far-right activist. We must sever our links with him

Imagine this. A pogrom takes place in a foreign country targeting a minority group, say Christians, with hundreds brutally killed by rampaging mobs, many mutilated and raped, and foetuses removed from pregnant women. Thousands flee destroyed homes. The provincial leader on whose watch these events take place is a politician with open links to extremist Islamist organisations. Three holidaying British citizens are among the massacred. Allegations emerge that this politician's language helped foment the massacres. With one of his cabinet jailed for her role in the pogroms he becomes the frontrunner to lead this increasingly powerful country. Would you worry?
Yes, is the likely answer, and so you should. In reality, the country is India, the extremists are Hindus, the 2002 Gujarat pogroms targeted Muslims, and the leader in question is Narendra Modi. As the candidate of the far-right Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), in current elections he does not dispute his or its links to the extremist Hindu network known as the Sangh Parivar.
Modi was a leading activist for its secretive and militaristic arm, the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) – whose founder expressed admiration for Hitler, ideologies of racial purity and the virtues of fascism. It is an organisation that, on a good day, looks like the British National party but can operate more like Nazi militias. Known for an authoritarian leadership style, Modi's only expression of regret for the pogroms compared them to a car running over a puppy, while he labelled Muslim relief camps "baby-making factories".
Hindu extremism is rooted in a macho 20th-century response to British colonialism which mocked Hindu "effeminacy". It is rarely scrutinised in the west, partly because Hinduism is stereotyped as gentle and non-violent in the image of Gandhi – who, ironically, was assassinated by an RSS activist – and benefits from the disproportionate attention given to Islamist violence, which enables other pernicious extremisms to slip under the radar.
For all its anti-British rhetoric, Hindu nationalism played no significant role in either the freedom struggle or in creating the secular constitution of independent India. But over recent decades, the notion of Hindutva (Hindu-ness) has grown in force along with the unfettered capitalism it espouses: it is responsible for vicious attacks on Christians, murdering missionaries and calling for Muslims to choose between Pakistan and the graveyard. And any victory for a proponent of a nuclearised Hindu India where homosexuality remains criminalised will have consequences that will be felt well beyond the subcontinent, not least in multicultural Britain.
The Gujarat pogroms took place after an unexplained fire on a train, which killed Hindu activists and was swiftly attributed by Modi to Islamic forces and Pakistan. Allegations remain that he deliberately prevented authorities from intervening. Contrary to claims, India's supreme court has not issued him a "clean chit" but criticised him as a "modern-day Nero".
Modi's moral culpability was recognised by both Britain and the US in denying him a travel visa for several years. Britain has also been attempting, without success, to get justice for the three Britons – Saeed and Sakil Dawood, and Mohammed Aswat – who were chased, cornered and brutally killed, their bodies burned beyond recognition. Now, disgracefully, trumped by British corporate interests in India, many owned by British Indians, governmental links with Modi have been re-established. This rehabilitation is the result of hard lobbying by some Hindutva-friendly politicians and the many front organisations that operate in Britain. We are urged to focus on corporate-friendly Modi, the pogroms being a little mishap to be shrugged off.
We should note with concern that some charitable funds raised in Britain, including for the 2001 Gujarat earthquake, went to charities run by Hindu extremists who systematically foment hate. So too must we care about the "saffron pound" sent by long-distance Hindu "patriots" to fund extremism. But investigating Britain's Hindu zealots doesn't have the same political currency as pronouncements about getting "tough" on Islamic extremism.
A Modi victory will strengthen the arm of chauvinist forces in Britain, which have already had successes such as shutting down exhibitions, quashing caste discrimination laws, and withdrawing Royal Mail stamps. Under Modi there will be no progress on Kashmir, which will also have far-reaching violent consequences. In the face of a global resurgence of the right we must be alert to all its extremist forms. Britons committed to anti-fascism must not allow their country to abdicate morality.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/14/narendra-modi-extremism-india

Faster than a bullet
Terrifying scream
Enraged and full of anger
He's half man and half machine

Rides the Metal Monster
Breathing smoke and fire
Closing in with vengeance soaring high

He is the Painkiller
This is the Painkiller

Planets devastated
Mankind's on its knees
A savior comes from out the skies
In answer to their pleas

Through boiling clouds of thunder
Blasting bolts of steel
Evils going under deadly wheels

He is the Painkiller
This is the Painkiller

Faster than a laser bullet
Louder than an atom bomb
Chromium plated boiling metal
Brighter than a thousand suns

Flying high on rapture
Stronger free and brave
Nevermore encaptured
They've been brought back from the grave

With mankind resurrected
Forever to survive
Returns from Armageddon to the skies

He is the Painkiller
This is the Painkiller
Wings of steel Painkiller
Deadly wheels Painkiller

He is the Painkiller
This is the Painkiller

Pain, Pain, Killer, Killer

Can't stop the Painkiller

Judas Priest-Pain Killer.

Who the f$uk is behind this???

I am sick of these threads!!

Number of political threads should be limited, its defense forum not political forum.

I hate Indians, I hate hindu's even more

I have always advocated to indian muslims that they are at risk in India and need to be armed and live in numbers so they can protect themselves so things like Gujraat and Muzzafarnager cant happen

India needs a leader/party that can unite its very different people's, a leader like Modi however good he could or could have been under different circumstances is worthless if he inspire so much hate, anger and disgust from so many different people in india, it will only cause more division and hatred.

This is why I want Modi in power, Indian muslims can no longer claim to be indian or protected in india when this Mofo comes to power, this is the man that partook in your slaughter he is your enemy as are the people who voted for him, prepare yourselves

Pakistan, Bangladesh and other muslim states should refuse to work with India under a extemist, whether this will actually happen is another point.

Now it is officially proved that The Guardian is a puppet of the Congress and the extremist people .
UK can **** itself

I have always advocated to indian muslims that they are at risk in India and need to be armed and live in numbers so they can protect themselves so things like Gujraat and Muzzafarnager cant happen

India needs a leader/party that can unite its very different people's, a leader like Modi however good he could or could have been under different circumstances is worthless if he inspire so much hate, anger and disgust from so many different people in india, it will only cause more division and hatred.

This is why I want Modi in power, Indian muslims can no longer claim to be indian or protected in india when this Mofo comes to power, this is the man that partook in your slaughter he is your enemy as are the people who voted for him, prepare yourselves

Pakistan, Bangladesh and other muslim states should refuse to work with India under a extemist, whether this will actually happen is another point.
I dont blame you . You're spitting what you have been taught in your madarsas or whatever you call it , by those mullahs .

lol,

Britain too better get themselves a far right govt before the shariah screaming, mad and vile bunch of "british" jihadi scum who chop off a man in broad daylight and who demand killing of all non muslims and who populate british prisons and who groom teenage british girls to rape them runs over Britain.

I, for one, am boycotting Guardian from now on for trying to dupe Indians at the behest Congressi money which they looted from Indian people in the first place.

They are alleging things which are genuinely wrong just to make a quick buck or curry a favor or two.
Is this responsible journalism ?

This sh!t is expected from The Sun or NDTV (Nehru Dynasty Television), not Guardian.

Western Civilized White Developed Countries are the enemies are the enemies of the developing world. They want us to remain poor to showcase them self as a superior race and civilization China realized it long back and took steps in becoming a major political, economic and military power in the world stage now its high time time for us to do the same and Modi is the man with the kind of leadership qualities to make it happen so west clearly doesn't want him taking over the reigns of the country.

People, I dont care about your stats

The reality is the guy is kneck deep and will forever be marked by Gujraat

Like I said, he may in any other circumstance be India's perfect prime minister, but currently he is very very dangerous for india.

If it creates more divisions and fissure's in india (like I expect) then for an anti india point of view he is the best person to lead india

Foreign goverments may have to accept that Modi is leader and even work with him/india but I reckon both Modi and India will constantly be dogged by a whole range of people, groups, states for electing an extremist

I envy your education level.

Now thats the reason for present problems in Pakistan .In India Muslims ,Hindus ,Christians all other have wisdom for find out cheap 'sickular' politicians trick.And thanks to your illegal madrassa educations.You dont have such capability.
If Indians vote for BJP,Narendra Modi will be our next PM.Even my Muslims friends is waiting for that.They want to see a strong leader not a sickular polticians.

Back
Top Bottom