What's new

Nandipur power plant: Second unit to start generation in August

@Arsalan

I'm also not a supporter of pml n nor pti but I think current pml n govt at least NS has shown political maturity and from the initiatives took by the govt it looks like they are serious to do something to avert the economical crises.

For the past 15 years or so ppp and gen mush was in power n they did absolutely nothing to start a dam which would have been completed by now if started 15 years ago.

Current Govt Will Be Put Out By People If They Didn't Deliver but the govt shouldn't be destabilised as forex is coming into the country whatever the govt policies are and which apparently seem to work. Rest time will tell....

It was on Sunday, for your reference my area comes under Allama Iqbal sub division, i live in a colony at Sumandari road, the new ones if you are familiar with Faisalabad. So please, feel free if you want to validate what is said,

Sunday it was and there was electricity for ONLY 4 hours.
No one bothered to attend the phone at the sub division till about 6 in evening and when they did i was informed that there was some break down initially for which electricity supply could not be restored after the initial morning load shedding of 6 to 9, when that was recovered, it was time for load shedding (the one that is scheduled for 12 to 4), after the four hours of scheduled load shedding of 12 to 4, when electricity was restored, so was the break down!!! so again, no electricity. Then there was light from 6 to 8, then another scheduled load shedding period followed from 8 to 11!! :D
I know it looks like a made up story but it is not.
So technical break down becomes a habitual load shedding? That's impressive! Faisalabad is my home town so I know the situation where the load-shedding is at max 8-10 hours a day.

LoL,
no point debating with mentally blind people!
Your comment claiming that i look like a fool makes me clear about the level of your intellect and i wont get into a debate with a person with child like amateur mind to get dirty in base less argument.
If you cannot even figure our WHAT I WAS HOLDING PM RESPONSIBLE for, i do not have any thing else to discuss with you. You stay happy in your world criticizing people, just like you have pointed out that i have been. :)
Sallam

I just wrote you one line that by writing silly statements out of hate, you look like a foold to readers. But that was figure speaking. I wasn't "insulting" your intellect. Writing crazy crap does make the reader wonder what the writer was smoking....

But here you are, you wrote me a paragraph back with personal direct insults. STILL didn't offer me facts or factual content about your post. Its sad to see there are so many people who just write stuff against the government out of hate and personal bias. While, I, having nothing to do with your society and sitting thousands of miles away, know so many good things that are going on in your country for the country's growth. All hard work done by the elected people in such a short amount of time. But here are people like you, who just want to be negative and spread negative sentiment for no reason against probably the best economy friendly government you could get. You don't have to respond to me with sheer silliness. When you have facts, hit me up and we'll have a factual debate about it. Until then, try to be proud of your country and the good things elected officials are doing. The negativeness can only last so long and then people start to see through the truth!

Its sad to see there are so many people who just write stuff against the government out of hate and personal bias. While, I, having nothing to do with your society and sitting thousands of miles away, know so many good things that are going on in your country for the country's growth. All hard work done by the elected people in such a short amount of time. But here are people like you, who just want to be negative and spread negative sentiment for no reason against probably the best economy friendly government you could get.

@orangzaib Thanks for saying this.

I wonder all other political parties open their eyes and see the international economic indicators and help govt improving the economy rather than destabilizing the govt and fighting for power which ultimately will result in foreign investment being taken away by international donor agencies.

But Nandi Pur isn't producing electricity currently according to reports in the media .

yaar it needs fuel treatment equipment that is on its way.

We the educated elite are the worst when it comes to judging a technical situation.

It is like assembling a car, AND setting up a petrol pump in the village.

Car is assembled, and ready to go.
Petrol pump is built but it needs filters to clean the petrol before pumping into the car

It is not incorrect to say car is complete (that's what PM did".

It is also not inaccurate to say Petrol pump will be complete in December.

One can argue until December as to why the petrol pump was not completed first and car later.

But that should not mean to burn the car down. Hope you understand.

This is totally bullshit ... PM is not a technical person, only people in this field and on project can give time frame for inauguration

And PM is stupid that he don't understand that which is in working mode and which is not?

@Arsalan

I'm also not a supporter of pml n nor pti but I think current pml n govt at least NS has shown political maturity and from the initiatives took by the govt it looks like they are serious to do something to avert the economical crises.

For the past 15 years or so ppp and gen mush was in power n they did absolutely nothing to start a dam which would have been completed by now if started 15 years ago.

Current Govt Will Be Put Out By People If They Didn't Deliver but the govt shouldn't be destabilised as forex is coming into the country whatever the govt policies are and which apparently seem to work. Rest time will tell....

I appreciate you putting forward your point of view like an educated sensible person unlike most of the political blinded people who just support one party blindly and will go to any extent of lieing and excuses to support them.

I wish i could have agreed what what you are saying, but unfortunately from where i am seeing things happening this is not the case.
The current gov is surely MUS BETTER then the last Zardari regime but then that is something even the opposing people expected from them. PPP gov crossed every limit as they felt that this will be there last time in gov (i do thin that will be the case as i know who illiterate and innocent we are as a nation) PML whould not have every done that. So yes, they are better then last tenure.
However if someone say that the gov is doing everything in there capacity to get the things right, NO, THE ARE NOT!!
The biggest issue with PML is that of priorities!!
For example, we are spending millions on roads and fly overs that too are necessary but we are not giving money for Oil to power generation companies. In last month alone, 1500 MW plants have been shut down!
Secondly, they think that Pakistani people are fools and will believe in whatever they will say. Like they said that the increased load shedding in last three four weeks was due to increased summer heat but FAILED to mentioned that they also did not payed for oil and 1500 MW generation have been further hampered due to this.

Millions and billions are being spent on roads but we have delayed Basha dam to 2037??? i mean, seriously, do you really thing us this mad that we will say that this is a DELAY?? this in cancellations sir, projects as important as this one can be delayed by a few months or an year but by 17 years!! I guess next year we can also get a Guinness Book record registered for that!

If mentioned about the development in Musharraf era, i am also not his supporter just to add to information, the 1000 MW Neelum Jehlum power project was started in his time, the motorway that the current gov boast off, mileage wise, the motorway roads built in his time are the highest by some margin! The 1122 project, that today is considered as a model gov run institute for there rapid relief response and exceptional professionalism was started in his time. The in suburb, you have to ask some living there, one big problem was the robbery and theft of travelers on less frequently traveled roads! So the Patrolling Police was an initiative by that gov. You may not feel how big this was but if you can ask someone that had to travel on such roads he will let you know the benefits! Today Shahbaz sb thinks he is the champion of education in Punjab by giving laptops? it was in PML-Q era, and only then, not before that and not after that education till 10th class was free, books and uniform was given to the poor and those who come from families that cannot still send them to school as they add to send them to work to earn money were also given some pocket money!! This is something that was never done before there time and nor afterwards! Sir, ht reason of illiteracy in Pakistan is not that people cannot afford laptops to study, the reason is that mother have to sent her 13 her child to work in a welding shop to earn some food for the family! This is the problem we face, this is the what should come on top of the governments priority list, on every governments priority list!!

I am sorry if i have said something harsh.

Best regards!

I just wrote you one line that by writing silly statements out of hate, you look like a foold to readers. But that was figure speaking. I wasn't "insulting" your intellect. Writing crazy crap does make the reader wonder what the writer was smoking....

But here you are, you wrote me a paragraph back with personal direct insults. STILL didn't offer me facts or factual content about your post. Its sad to see there are so many people who just write stuff against the government out of hate and personal bias. While, I, having nothing to do with your society and sitting thousands of miles away, know so many good things that are going on in your country for the country's growth. All hard work done by the elected people in such a short amount of time. But here are people like you, who just want to be negative and spread negative sentiment for no reason against probably the best economy friendly government you could get. You don't have to respond to me with sheer silliness. When you have facts, hit me up and we'll have a factual debate about it. Until then, try to be proud of your country and the good things elected officials are doing. The negativeness can only last so long and then people start to see through the truth!

I am sorry Orangzaib for losing temper.
I will never ignore what positive is being done but cannot live with that and stay silent about what mess in being made as well.

i cannot figure out what priorities are being set by the government. We do not have money to pay to electricity generation but we can build Azadi Chowk!

I DO NOT SAY THAT THESE THINGS ARE NOT NECESSARY but what is more important? i bet that will be responsibility of someone to figure that out don't you think? don't you think that PM should be sober enough and wise enough to know what is required, in what order!!
If there are some things that they cannot control, and do not want to take responsibility for when they go wrong, what is the chest thumping for when the occasionally get right?
A party when get into government should stop playing politics and start building country.
When you see a fuming political speech by CM's son in a cricket match being held for IDP's, you end up wondering what about IDP's was in all that!

Anyways, sorry again for being harsh but i do not think we can agree on this point. I do not see how can i agree with basic Support and education for a poor boy is less important than a laptop for a university going MAN!!
you live in USA right, who many of the college going students work part time to support themselves?
and how may of 13 years children in your country have to sell dusters and news papers on traffic signals to earn bread for there family?

Best regards!

For example, we are spending millions on roads and fly overs that too are necessary but we are not giving money for Oil to power generation companies. In last month alone, 1500 MW plants have been shut down!
Secondly, they think that Pakistani people are fools and will believe in whatever they will say. Like they said that the increased load shedding in last three four weeks was due to increased summer heat but FAILED to mentioned that they also did not payed for oil and 1500 MW generation have been further hampered due to this.

Arsalan, realistically speaking, I'd agree with you that priority should have been giving oil to power generation companies but the problem is that producing power at what cost? The power produced by oil is way to expensive and producing electricity and producing cheap electricity are different things. Power can be produced easily by oil but that would simply increase the circular debt to such a high level...plus imagine that Sindh, Balochistan and some parts of KPK don't bother to pay bills, so just imagine that govt will be Fu**ed.

In my opinion what govt is trying to do now is to produce power by coal and trying to establish plants for it which is comparatively cheaper than power produced by oil. So this time is really a painful time because of this power crises. Agreed with you on this.

Millions and billions are being spent on roads but we have delayed Basha dam to 2037??? i mean, seriously, do you really thing us this mad that we will say that this is a DELAY?? this in cancellations sir, projects as important as this one can be delayed by a few months or an year but by 17 years!! I guess next year we can also get a Guinness Book record registered for that!

Arsalan, I think this was rumor which was spread but it has been cleared by Finance Minister and the PM himself that we cannot afford t delay Bhasha and have even allocated fund for the resettlement / land acquisition. Moreover, Finance minister is to participate in a meeting with world bank and international funding agencies in US coming oct for Bhasha funding.
PM has said in his statement that if we didn't get the funding, then we will do it on our own resources within next 10 year time frame. So , bhasha has not been delayed.

If mentioned about the development in Musharraf era, i am also not his supporter just to add to information, the 1000 MW Neelum Jehlum power project was started in his time, the motorway that the current gov boast off, mileage wise, the motorway roads built in his time are the highest by some margin! The 1122 project, that today is considered as a model gov run institute for there rapid relief response and exceptional professionalism was started in his time. The in suburb, you have to ask some living there, one big problem was the robbery and theft of travelers on less frequently traveled roads! So the Patrolling Police was an initiative by that gov. You may not feel how big this was but if you can ask someone that had to travel on such roads he will let you know the benefits! Today Shahbaz sb thinks he is the champion of education in Punjab by giving laptops? it was in PML-Q era, and only then, not before that and not after that education till 10th class was free, books and uniform was given to the poor and those who come from families that cannot still send them to school as they add to send them to work to earn money were also given some pocket money!! This is something that was never done before there time and nor afterwards!

Some of your statements are correct and I agree but I respectfully disagree with some. Musharraf was in power for almost 8-9 years and had he been serious, when he inaugurated Bhasha, he would have been able to finish the project as well as for which people would have been really grateful for. I am sorry but I disagree with the fact that anything should be free even for the poor. The thing is you charge at least something (even 1% of total cost and the rest borne by govt) because my friend anything that you get free, you never realise its true value until you pay for it. I agree that current govt is distributing laptops where as this money can be used in the same education sector for improvement of school conditions etc.

ht reason of illiteracy in Pakistan is not that people cannot afford laptops to study, the reason is that mother have to sent her 13 her child to work in a welding shop to earn some food for the family!

Yes, you are right govt should prioritize and things can improve slowly and as I said, political stability should be there because it will result in economy improvement, jobs being created and ultimately welfare of people.

I am sorry Orangzaib for losing temper.
I will never ignore what positive is being done but cannot live with that and stay silent about what mess in being made as well.

i cannot figure out what priorities are being set by the government. We do not have money to pay to electricity generation but we can build Azadi Chowk!

Anyways, sorry again for being harsh but i do not think we can agree on this point. I do not see how can i agree with basic Support and education for a poor boy is less important than a laptop for a university going MAN!!
you live in USA right, who many of the college going students work part time to support themselves?
and how may of 13 years children in your country have to sell dusters and news papers on traffic signals to earn bread for there family?

You don't have to say sorry. We are all humans and at times we have conflicting purposes. I am glad you came around and wrote a very important post that actually highlights critical issues. Here's my take on it, by the way, before I even start, you should read up on our previous few posts. Now read this post and you'll see a whole different dialogue going on here, this post is something that's being written based on mutual respect from both parties (you and I) and about humane issues, free of threats and calls for radical movement of people to "take over the government".

Essentially, both you and I, are NOW working together in a democratic way, where you are now willing to hear me out and I am willing to hear your point of view as the discussion is now relaxed and less tense :). That's the same that needs to happen in the Pakistani politics and all these issues will work out, beauty of democracy and when people put away parties, etc and sit down as a country and a nation to decide how to solve issues of broader interest. Everything moved in the right direction.

To the highlighted issues of critical importance:
1) I agree on many points with you, criticism is a human right and you need to have it in all issues so that other voices are being heard too. But when criticism takes a violent turn that threatens a government and potentially lives of a few people that will be on the front in any threatening long march, that's not criticism, that's a direct threat to a country's national security.

Now internationally and FINALLY, Pakistan and its economy and the stock market and the operation against the terrorists is making big news.
Everyone knows Pakistan has become one of the most profitable markets due to the current government's policies. They've done a good job at going to every country and discussing with investors their agenda and how the country will give back a good return on investment.
Today's Asian bank's report highlighted "surprising expansion in Pakistan's economy to 4.1 percent in the past 12 months (which was initially decreased to 3.4 %)". That's huge. Moody's rating upgrade is saying "go invest in Pakistan", China is building over 50 Billion Dollars worth of projects, so anyone that is trying to take down this government, is ALSO trying to take down 200 million people's future with it too.
And this time, if the investor lost money, they won't return ever and Pakistan will hit bankruptcy and economically be destroyed. The world will say, this is how these guys are, they don't want a modern Pakistan, they are intolerant and undemocratic and too busy pulling legs and investors lose money in that crap.
So please see the longer-term, devastating picture of your country if the government is pushed out, specially with violence.

You and I, developed a democratic system here, where I know you have some valid things in your mind and you know I am writing this stuff, there is no ego anymore. I am spending time on here just in the best interest for your country's political democratic system, otherwise, I could be driving my sports car hitting the beach right now. So this little democratic system we developed online, needs to be developed across ALL political parties in Pakistan.

I know IK calls it different names like its a settlement between the current rulers and Benazir's party. But that's not true, this is an attempt to create a system that then becomes a norm and the country goes forward and in this process, you'll have corrupted people in there like Zardari, but IK and Shariff's now have a clean heart, its visible with their work. So you guys give the elected one's a chance for the betterment of your people. The guys in power have started to show results as I mentioned above. Don't expect 70 years issues to be resolved overnight, but I am seeing a clear shinny light at the end of the tunnel now.

2) No Children at 13 has to do all this work when their brains aren't developed to be a mature man. But back to the same thing, you don't have a SYSTEM that can support these kids otherwise if they were financially poor......TRUST me, another FULL term, the system will be developed. I can guarantee you, if no one cared about these kids who are now 13, they'll be 18 in another term, guess what? They will make these politicians pay the price for not taking care of the future of the nation, the youth. See what happened to the PPP.....I don't see them coming back into the federal government for the next 10 years at the least. WHY? People saw what they did and people kicked them out. THAT's what democracy is and that needs to be developed further. People rule, these politicians are really your SERVANTS. Don't give them power over you that they are calling for violent protests for their hunger for power. Trust me, power is an addiction and everyone wants it. But PEOPLE own it in democracies.
4) My understanding is that laptops are not taking place for poor kids' tuition, they are in addition to kids getting their education for free.....there are schools that I've read about in economy and US Aid's report that are actually pretty high end schools for poor with IT labs and all, and they exist throughout Punjab and have started to exist in other places too. Other state government's have to follow the track that the Punjab gov't is following
5) Do I think that the current gov't is all angels? Hell no, but do I think they are doing a LOT for the people of Pakistan and it's actually already showing up in the entire world media.....YES and FINALLY.

Look man, just support the system. I don't have to write about your system from so far away and I am a total foreigner. You guys are very talented. Stick to your party that you like, but also CORRECT your leaders that NO to violent protest and a BIG NO to destabilizing the system and the country.
When the followers and party members act smart, the leaders have to listen and follow as they have to do what the PEOPLE want them to do. And poor people never want violence, they want jobs, money, homes, education, etc. Make these politicians work for people. Not people work for the politicians!!!
When the violence goes away and a dialogue based coalition is formed that only works for the people of a country. These guys will still not agree on stuff, but you know what? No one's getting killed in violent protests, no investors are getting panicky about losing money in Pakistan or getting the hell out of there, everything becomes a dialogue based issue and represents a mature system. That's when things start to work out. And even if they don't, still, no harm is done to the country, its people and the economy. The progress of your country, its economy and the society continues, end of the story!!!
If my post can help even two people understand the importance of a non-violent, democratic system and a respectful tolerant society, I think all the time I've spent here, was well worth it. There is no gain here for me, I'd really like to see a Pakistan that's a great place to go visit, a modern country with friendly relationships to every county and an example democracy after a decade of terrorism and violence!!!

So technical break down becomes a habitual load shedding? That's impressive! Faisalabad is my home town so I know the situation where the load-shedding is at max 8-10 hours a day.
In Multan 6-7 hours , from evening 5 to morning 5 no load shedding.

You don't have to say sorry. We are all humans and at times we have conflicting purposes. I am glad you came around and wrote a very important post that actually highlights critical issues. Here's my take on it, by the way, before I even start, you should read up on our previous few posts. Now read this post and you'll see a whole different dialogue going on here, this post is something that's being written based on mutual respect from both parties (you and I) and about humane issues, free of threats and calls for radical movement of people to "take over the government".

Essentially, both you and I, are NOW working together in a democratic way, where you are now willing to hear me out and I am willing to hear your point of view as the discussion is now relaxed and less tense :). That's the same that needs to happen in the Pakistani politics and all these issues will work out, beauty of democracy and when people put away parties, etc and sit down as a country and a nation to decide how to solve issues of broader interest. Everything moved in the right direction.

To the highlighted issues of critical importance:
1) I agree on many points with you, criticism is a human right and you need to have it in all issues so that other voices are being heard too. But when criticism takes a violent turn that threatens a government and potentially lives of a few people that will be on the front in any threatening long march, that's not criticism, that's a direct threat to a country's national security.

Now internationally and FINALLY, Pakistan and its economy and the stock market and the operation against the terrorists is making big news.
Everyone knows Pakistan has become one of the most profitable markets due to the current government's policies. They've done a good job at going to every country and discussing with investors their agenda and how the country will give back a good return on investment.
Today's Asian bank's report highlighted "surprising expansion in Pakistan's economy to 4.1 percent in the past 12 months (which was initially decreased to 3.4 %)". That's huge. Moody's rating upgrade is saying "go invest in Pakistan", China is building over 50 Billion Dollars worth of projects, so anyone that is trying to take down this government, is ALSO trying to take down 200 million people's future with it too.
And this time, if the investor lost money, they won't return ever and Pakistan will hit bankruptcy and economically be destroyed. The world will say, this is how these guys are, they don't want a modern Pakistan, they are intolerant and undemocratic and too busy pulling legs and investors lose money in that crap.
So please see the longer-term, devastating picture of your country if the government is pushed out, specially with violence.

You and I, developed a democratic system here, where I know you have some valid things in your mind and you know I am writing this stuff, there is no ego anymore. I am spending time on here just in the best interest for your country's political democratic system, otherwise, I could be driving my sports car hitting the beach right now. So this little democratic system we developed online, needs to be developed across ALL political parties in Pakistan.

I know IK calls it different names like its a settlement between the current rulers and Benazir's party. But that's not true, this is an attempt to create a system that then becomes a norm and the country goes forward and in this process, you'll have corrupted people in there like Zardari, but IK and Shariff's now have a clean heart, its visible with their work. So you guys give the elected one's a chance for the betterment of your people. The guys in power have started to show results as I mentioned above. Don't expect 70 years issues to be resolved overnight, but I am seeing a clear shinny light at the end of the tunnel now.

2) No Children at 13 has to do all this work when their brains aren't developed to be a mature man. But back to the same thing, you don't have a SYSTEM that can support these kids otherwise if they were financially poor......TRUST me, another FULL term, the system will be developed. I can guarantee you, if no one cared about these kids who are now 13, they'll be 18 in another term, guess what? They will make these politicians pay the price for not taking care of the future of the nation, the youth. See what happened to the PPP.....I don't see them coming back into the federal government for the next 10 years at the least. WHY? People saw what they did and people kicked them out. THAT's what democracy is and that needs to be developed further. People rule, these politicians are really your SERVANTS. Don't give them power over you that they are calling for violent protests for their hunger for power. Trust me, power is an addiction and everyone wants it. But PEOPLE own it in democracies.
4) My understanding is that laptops are not taking place for poor kids' tuition, they are in addition to kids getting their education for free.....there are schools that I've read about in economy and US Aid's report that are actually pretty high end schools for poor with IT labs and all, and they exist throughout Punjab and have started to exist in other places too. Other state government's have to follow the track that the Punjab gov't is following
5) Do I think that the current gov't is all angels? Hell no, but do I think they are doing a LOT for the people of Pakistan and it's actually already showing up in the entire world media.....YES and FINALLY.

Look man, just support the system. I don't have to write about your system from so far away and I am a total foreigner. You guys are very talented. Stick to your party that you like, but also CORRECT your leaders that NO to violent protest and a BIG NO to destabilizing the system and the country.
When the followers and party members act smart, the leaders have to listen and follow as they have to do what the PEOPLE want them to do. And poor people never want violence, they want jobs, money, homes, education, etc. Make these politicians work for people. Not people work for the politicians!!!
When the violence goes away and a dialogue based coalition is formed that only works for the people of a country. These guys will still not agree on stuff, but you know what? No one's getting killed in violent protests, no investors are getting panicky about losing money in Pakistan or getting the hell out of there, everything becomes a dialogue based issue and represents a mature system. That's when things start to work out. And even if they don't, still, no harm is done to the country, its people and the economy. The progress of your country, its economy and the society continues, end of the story!!!
If my post can help even two people understand the importance of a non-violent, democratic system and a respectful tolerant society, I think all the time I've spent here, was well worth it. There is no gain here for me, I'd really like to see a Pakistan that's a great place to go visit, a modern country with friendly relationships to every county and an example democracy after a decade of terrorism and violence!!!

Well thanks for appreciating the post but i guess all my hard work in being undone ;)

Yesterday there was another major break down from 6 in the morning till 6.30 in evening with light available for 45 min in between from 1.15pm to 2.00 pm only :hitwall:
Now today again there was not electricity from 6 to 12, then one hour window where we got electricity and now the scheduled load shedding is underway from 1 to most probably at least 4 o clock in evening.

So i do not think it is a good time for me to DISCUSS these issues right now, i cant be neutral or unbiased, no one can be! I will come back to your post in a short while when hopefully the situation improves!:mad:

Back
Top Bottom