What's new

Mythological Weapons

We are both on equally treacherous ground here; watch out!

Oh... I feel now that you miss read my post no.133, later part., reproduced below, with highlighted colored sentence.

Your old post quoted above, and from it I can deduce that you hold the Sikh Chakram is the same(in physical design, function, wielding techniques etc) as Sudarshan Charkra with out the garb of Myth.
Is my inference correct? if so, i am utterly surprised beyond your belief.
For me, both of them are quite different designs, specs, wielding techniques etc., that is, two altogether different weapons.

On rereading above mine post, I think it can cause the confusion that I used your post without properly clearing bases of my comparison.
Oh.... terrible mix up, I am afraid. Me and my precise writing.

Last edited:
Many weapons mentioned were actual weapons used in ancient times, later given mythological status. for example, Sudarshana Chakra........ can any one of you tell me the technique to throw this chakra?????
Just remember there is another form of chakra still practised by Sikhs of Punjab.

not much idea abt the chakras,

but u see the similarity in the "shuriken" a four pointed star kind of weapon used by Ninjas.

not much idea abt the chakras,

but u see the similarity in the "shuriken" a four pointed star kind of weapon used by Ninjas.

To be truthful, no, I don't see any similarity with the shuriken, which is an extension of a throwing knife. It uses its blades. The Quoit is a different weapon altogether, and uses the edge.

Shuriken were always small sized, and handily stored on the person; Chakras were of all sizes and stored variously, on the hat, or on loops on the belt.

Sudarshana Chakra is a type of 'returning' weapons i.e., return to thrower if make no contact to the target. It is quit different from Sikh Chakram in it design, which is, when thrown goes straight(we will leave aside Zena's Chakra).
Difference in form can be readily appreciated if we compare, much older idols of hindu diety vishu with little older relief carving in stone or idols, paintings.

Reprsentation of Sudarshana Chakra can be found at the following links
Sudar?ana chakra - Wikipedia, la enciclopedia libre, Seventh Centry relief found at combodia. Translate the page in english as it is in Spanish.
Stela with a four-armed Vishnu [India, Punjab] (68.46) | Heilbrunn Timeline of Art History | The Metropolitan Museum of Art10th–11th century Punjab, sandstone.
God Harihara (half Vishnu, half Shiva), India, 9th century | Flickr - Photo Sharing! 9th Centry, India.
This chakra was held at edge in vertical position with fingers and thumb and thrown with spinning motion.

Now, their are finger spinning chakras of two types, as I have observed, one is the Sikh Chakra(small size) like this;Sudarshana Chakra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
we all ready know a lot about.
Another one is
SudarshanChakra.jpg

Please note that the first digit of finger is only visible, aperture is wide enough to accommodate the finger and no more. Truly mythical depiction.
Between, I recently viewed an image of an amulet (persumbly held by Obama) floating around on Net of Narasimha, 4th avatar, holding a chakra in 'palm' of his hand.
Being older means more close to origin, my take on matter at hand, therefore, Sudarshana Chakra (without the garb of myth, as an ordinary weapon) was different then Sikh Chakra and predates it.

I would appreciate much for any comments or info, whether myth or historical,(please don't repeat already posted in thread).
I might be totally wrong on this.

there is a myth that there was a secreat society which was formed by asoka to preseve the knowledge which could be dangerous to men in coming times. it is said that the group still remains hidden preserving this knowledge
On the TV show, Sanctuary... They showed that Kaali is actually a weapon that was wielded by Durga.

Kaali is shown to be an enormous arachnid being and Durga as a tiny one.

Durga is shown as a symbiotic arachnid being that attaches itself to a host, giving the host the power to control Kaali. Kaali has the capability of disrupting the magnetic fields of the earth causing Earthquakes.

The Durga spider is guarded by a secret society in India.

Oh and weirdly enough, Durga is a dude and Kaali is in love with him so thats why she obeys the hosts every command. I'm pretty sure you can fit the rest of the myth somehow into their version except for this last bit. I was like didn't anyone tell the writers, Durga is a girl's name?

On the TV show, Sanctuary... They showed that Kaali is actually a weapon that was wielded by Durga.

Durga is shown as a symbiotic arachnid being that attaches itself to a host, giving the host the power to control Kaali. Kaali has the capability of disrupting the magnetic fields of the earth causing Earthquakes.

Oh and weirdly enough, Durga is a dude and Kaali is in love with him so thats why she obeys the hosts every command. I'm pretty sure you can fit the rest of the myth somehow into their version except for this last bit. I was like didn't anyone tell the writers, Durga is a girl's name?

:what::what: what are you talking about ??

AFAIK Durga Devi is an incarnation of Godess Shakthi/Parvathi and Kali Devi too is a similar incarnation for the same purpose of killing demons/asuras.

Last paragraph mein to kutch bhi samajh nahi aya and am a worshiper of maa durga and i knew she is a female and kali maa etc etc are her diferent avtars

Err...... a TV Show??:blink:
Myth.............Reality,...... ah, Virtual Reality...:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Continuing from my post no. 139, two more depictions of Sudarshana Chakra, in these cases,
Narasimha, check the position of hold on chakra.
dil%201.tif.jpg

Narsingh.jpg

:-)

Durga is most certainly a man's name, especially in the east.

The secret is that it can be a man's name with an addition to it, eg, Durga Charan, Durga Das, meaning at the feet of Durga, the servant of Durga; so, too, Kali Das, Kali Charan, Kali Kinkar, more or less the same meaning for 1 and 2, kinkar too means servant.

This is off-topic, but a great question, so we'll do a deal: you don't tell the mods and I won't tell the mods.

;-) There's a difference.

Sudarshana Chakra is a type of 'returning' weapons i.e., return to thrower if make no contact to the target. It is quit different from Sikh Chakram in it design, which is, when thrown goes straight(we will leave aside Zena's Chakra).
Difference in form can be readily appreciated if we compare, much older idols of hindu diety vishu with little older relief carving in stone or idols, paintings.

Reprsentation of Sudarshana Chakra can be found at the following links
Sudar?ana chakra - Wikipedia, la enciclopedia libre, Seventh Centry relief found at combodia. Translate the page in english as it is in Spanish.
Stela with a four-armed Vishnu [India, Punjab] (68.46) | Heilbrunn Timeline of Art History | The Metropolitan Museum of Art10th–11th century Punjab, sandstone.
God Harihara (half Vishnu, half Shiva), India, 9th century | Flickr - Photo Sharing! 9th Centry, India.
This chakra was held at edge in vertical position with fingers and thumb and thrown with spinning motion.

Now, their are finger spinning chakras of two types, as I have observed, one is the Sikh Chakra(small size) like this;Sudarshana Chakra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
we all ready know a lot about.
Another one is
SudarshanChakra.jpg

Please note that the first digit of finger is only visible, aperture is wide enough to accommodate the finger and no more. Truly mythical depiction.
Between, I recently viewed an image of an amulet (persumbly held by Obama) floating around on Net of Narasimha, 4th avatar, holding a chakra in 'palm' of his hand.
Being older means more close to origin, my take on matter at hand, therefore, Sudarshana Chakra (without the garb of myth, as an ordinary weapon) was different then Sikh Chakra and predates it.

I would appreciate much for any comments or info, whether myth or historical,(please don't repeat already posted in thread).
I might be totally wrong on this.

I have nothing to add to what I have already posted in thread, but do want to say that these are truly entertaining insights. Personally, I don't believe that any chakra can be made a returning chakra; as you already know, the only returning instrument is a boomerang, which depends on its aerofoil section and the sharp twist imparted on delivery for the returning effect. The returning chakra must be counted as myth, IMHO.

If you consider the Narasimha chakras as older, a very interesting observation by itself, then those two statues rather decidedly favour the end-on grip of the chakra that I have been suggesting.

Considering the Narasimha chakras as older is interesting because while the avatar may be older, its depiction is of quite an independent matter. Not all Narasimha avatars depictions predate Vamana avatars depictions, although Narasimha precedes Vamana.

Continuing from my post no. 139, two more depictions of Sudarshana Chakra, in these cases,
dil%201.tif.jpg

Narsingh.jpg

Fascinating. Very interesting in the wide variation of depictive styles.

dil%201.tif.jpg

dude that picture is not about chakra or any thing else.

it looks as if kinky net **** was invented in india too .

animal ****.

:rofl:

dude that picture is not about chakra or any thing else.

it looks as if kinky net **** was invented in india too .

animal ****.

:rofl:

Please be aware that you are commenting on Gods. Thanks

Please be aware that you are commenting on Gods. Thanks

appologies but - i just said the obvious , that look like a spider monkey saluting while fixing some ..of his......female friend.

there is nothing wrong for saying whats obvious out there. i didn't say its right or wrong .

nor i was trying to dent the Hinduism's image.

And whats wrong in having sex ? its natural .....god made us to do it.:cheers:

appologies but - i just said the obvious , that look like a spider monkey saluting while fixing some ..of his......female friend.

there is nothing wrong for saying whats obvious out there. i didn't say its right or wrong .

nor i was trying to dent the Hinduism's image.

And whats wrong in having sex ? its natural .....god made us to do it.:cheers:

You could have asked someone more knowledgeable about it.

Its the killing of the asura Iranyakasipu by the Lord Narasimha (lion headed and human bodied) by tearing out his bowels placing him on his thigh.

Back
Top Bottom