What's new

myth of indian independence ?

he write some qestions and if you have answers give him or else leave it for others dear .calling jokers others and use smilies will never help :tdown:

BTW i think Edwina Mountbatten play very good at that time if you remember her .

Look at the typical heading..........myth....:hitwall:

Strange sepeculation..

Mountnbaten was asked to remain for sake of continuity. Independence was supposed to come in 48. Mountbatten advanced the date to Aug 47. Its like Indian companies today have foreign CEO's . It does not make them a foreign company. The Board that appointed him & controls the running of the company is Indian.

In Mountbatens case the Assemby that passed laws was Indian.

The Armies of both nations - India & Pak remained to be headed by Brit officers for a while after indep.

BTW, someone on a post above has made a mantion of Edwina. Where is the relevence to topic ? Or..is it the regular Red Herring ?

Hello Sir,

Here is a link which will answer all your queries

BBC - Radio 4 Empire - India: Dominion or not Dominion

I am giving one paragraph from above article

India, was excluded because there was an active independence movement, because she shunned dominion status and because Britain had a different relationship with India than she did with the rest of the empire.

Hope this article answers your question.

:sniper:

the old commenwealth or the white commonwealth is pre-1945 thing, moreover, I am referring to the modern day country india, what was its status at the time of independence ? and did they abide to be faithful to king George V and his lineage etc ? by the way who took oath from then viceroy mountbatten, turned into governor general of india ?

Myth!!!! Hmmmm...Interesting...And i thought i live in Republic of India.:rolleyes:

This whole partition thing was a clumsy mess.
Even after the creation of Pakistan and India,there were still hundreds of princely states existing within the present political boundaries of India.
So,if the question is about the Domino status,then,technically India got rid of it when it got her independence,but the integration of some of the princely states took some more time and gave the shape the India presently has.
Apart from the princely states,there were French colonies,Portuguese colonies etc.,some of which were integrated as late as 1961.Now depending upon the perspective,some may call it integration and some may call it annexation,does not make any difference though in the present scenario.

After the independence,the post of Viceroy was replaced by the post of Governor General.It was because of the transition of a centuries old colony in to an independent nation.There were still many princely states which were loyal to the British crown but did not have any official loyalty declared towards India.So,a supervisor was necessary.There was no foreign policy devised at that time,as these things tend to take a lot of time.Lord Mountbatten was the first Governor General,subsequently replaced by C.Rajagopalachari.When the Indian Constitution was drafted in 1950,the post of Governor general was not required any more,and it was abolished.Instead the post of President of India was created.

Hope this answers the question.

p.s. : An incomplete list of Princely states of India can be found here . It contains only the bigger states and not many smaller ones.

we are not discussing partition formula, everyone know what went on in later stages, and how exactly did the princely states, and potuguese or french colonies were confiscated... fair enough that newly born union of india expanded its territory...

the points I raised are constitutional, legal and technical...

how does that justify his governor generalship over newly born India ?

all this proves last part argument gives the view that you were not prepared to be given independence,

what you have said, this is no defence of how and when india exactly got independence constitutionally...

Strange sepeculation..

Mountnbaten was asked to remain for sake of continuity. Independence was supposed to come in 48. Mountbatten advanced the date to Aug 47. Its like Indian companies today have foreign CEO's . It does not make them a foreign company. The Board that appointed him & controls the running of the company is Indian.

In Mountbatens case the Assemby that passed laws was Indian.

The Armies of both nations - India & Pak remained to be headed by Brit officers for a while after indep.

BTW, someone on a post above has made a mantion of Edwina. Where is the relevence to topic ? Or..is it the regular Red Herring ?

its not about the CEO, its about the Chairperson/patron... and besides Mountbatten and Nehru precisely designed the partition formula, and set a premature date separately, without the knowledge of AIML, a visit to history would help you...

Mountbatten also wanted to be governor general of Pakistan, Mountbatten also wanted to have a joint Indian Army, which was turned down by Jinnah, that is why Army head in Pakistan was headed by first Governor General of Pakistan, while in india Army head was headed by First Governor General of India Lord Mountbatten, the Ex Viceroy to British India... this is what I am asking...

The answer to the original question posted by the OP is 26th January 1950 when the Indian constitution was adopted and the country was declared a republic.

don't know why the Pakistanis have a problem that Mountbatten stayed for a while in India as viceroy general . it did not hurt us in any way , and considering the present situation i should say our founding fathers did a good thing by bringing the Constitution in 50 . after all Pakistan only got a Constitution in 71.

I was wondering if any indian can answer this with references...

1- domino status:

In the ceremony of transfer of power, when mountbatten was to take oath of governor general from Jinnah, Jinnah with his own hand removed the wording to be loyal to his excellency, king's lineage and blah blah.... instead wrote the words loyal to Constitution of Pakistan. here goes domino status in gutter...

2- first governor general:

when Pakistan got independence, the leader who struggled for freedom became the first governor general, hence it shows the complete transfer of power.

my questions are:

how and when did indians got rid of domino status?

and how exactly, transfer of power took place? since viceroy became first governor general of India...

moreover, the governor general remained in his position, be it symbolic, or whatever, still he was English and the first governor general of newly born state of India, then when exactly should India celebrate its independence day?? should it not be like declaration of independence( 15 august) and independence day *(when indians got complete transfer of power, and head of state was no longer English) ?

You can say that India is still a slave Nation since it is being ruled by an Italian Woman.

1- domino status:

In the ceremony of transfer of power, when mountbatten was to take oath of governor general from Jinnah, Jinnah with his own hand removed the wording to be loyal to his excellency, king's lineage and blah blah.... instead wrote the words loyal to Constitution of Pakistan. here goes domino status in gutter...

when Pakistan got independence, the leader who struggled for freedom became the first governor general, hence it shows the complete transfer of power.
AIML did not fought for freedom against British, it is Congress who fought for freedom. None of the ML leaders including Jinnah was ever arrested while Gandhi, Nehru etc spent years in jail.

my questions are:

and how exactly, transfer of power took place? since viceroy became first governor general of India...

moreover, the governor general remained in his position, be it symbolic, or whatever, still he was English and the first governor general of newly born state of India, then when exactly should India celebrate its independence day?? should it not be like declaration of independence( 15 august) and independence day *(when indians got complete transfer of power, and head of state was no longer English) ?

Illogical question! When the constitution was there and powered transferred to Indians on 15th August, it is India.

don't know why the Pakistanis have a problem that Mountbatten stayed for a while in India as viceroy general . it did not hurt us in any way , and considering the present situation i should say our founding fathers did a good thing by bringing the Constitution in 50 . after all Pakistan only got a Constitution in 71.

so you are taking Mountbatten as your founding father ???

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

You can say that India is still a slave Nation since it is being ruled by an Italian Woman.

probably a sikh from Pakistan is ruling India ? no ?

1- domino status:

my questions are:

lol
our independence myth!
no offense but what about Pakistan
after English, American taken over the control
and till date they are handling you with their puppet
they are free to move wherever they want to
wherever they want to attack missile
wherever they want to drop soldiers
you accept or not you are still American colony

wait now pakistan sifting their loyalty to china from America
soon we will hear that Pakistan be come's china's colony
offering their everything to china as they did in past to American

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
so you are taking Mountbatten as your founding father ???

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

probably a sikh from Pakistan is ruling India ? no ?

A Gujarati Muslim created Pakistan for you whose grand and forefathers are Hindu
and he is father of nation pakistan
did I said something wrong?

Back
Top Bottom