What's new

myth of indian independence ?

Leader

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I was wondering if any indian can answer this with references...

1- domino status:

In the ceremony of transfer of power, when mountbatten was to take oath of governor general from Jinnah, Jinnah with his own hand removed the wording to be loyal to his excellency, king's lineage and blah blah.... instead wrote the words loyal to Constitution of Pakistan. here goes domino status in gutter...

2- first governor general:

when Pakistan got independence, the leader who struggled for freedom became the first governor general, hence it shows the complete transfer of power.

my questions are:

how and when did indians got rid of domino status?

and how exactly, transfer of power took place? since viceroy became first governor general of India...

moreover, the governor general remained in his position, be it symbolic, or whatever, still he was English and the first governor general of newly born state of India, then when exactly should India celebrate its independence day?? should it not be like declaration of independence( 15 august) and independence day *(when indians got complete transfer of power, and head of state was no longer English) ?

1- domino status:

In the ceremony of transfer of power, when mountbatten was to take oath of governor general from Jinnah, Jinnah with his own hand removed the wording to be loyal to his excellency, king's lineage and blah blah.... instead wrote the words loyal to Constitution of Pakistan. here goes domino status in gutter...

when Pakistan got independence, the leader who struggled for freedom became the first governor general, hence it shows the complete transfer of power.

my questions are:

and how exactly, transfer of power took place? since viceroy became first governor general of India...

moreover, the governor general remained in his position, be it symbolic, or whatever, still he was English and the first governor general of newly born state of India, then when exactly should India celebrate its independence day?? should it not be like declaration of independence( 15 august) and independence day *(when indians got complete transfer of power, and head of state was no longer English) ?

If you dnt know so become myth ???

Stupidity :lol:

you mean to say indian independce day is 21 June 1948 when Louis Mountbatten give power to Jawaharlal Nehru??????

---------- Post added at 02:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 AM ----------

If you dnt know so become myth ???

Stupidity :lol:

if you failed to understand its better not to comment and become joke

Ohh I am sorry now some Jokers will decide when India got Independence

I have sympathy with you

he write some qestions and if you have answers give him or else leave it for others dear .calling jokers others and use smilies will never help :tdown:

BTW i think Edwina Mountbatten play very good at that time if you remember her .

i am waiting for an answer to the Leaders's question?-
i think its a genuine one-

...moreover, the governor general remained in his position, be it symbolic, or whatever, still he was English and the first governor general of newly born state of India, then when exactly should India celebrate its independence day?? should it not be like declaration of independence( 15 august) and independence day *(when indians got complete transfer of power, and head of state was no longer English) ?

Here in America we celebrate Independence Day as July 4th, 1776. That's the day the Continental Congress declared independence, as opposed to September 3, 1983, the day independence was achieved. So I guess it could be used to explain India's somewhat similar situation. The INC probably felt by August 15, 1947, everything had been worked out enough with the British for the masses, and it's premier party in charge of gaining independence, to "handle" being a new nation.
Whereas as the Americans forcefully declared their's, the Indians worked their's out. Either way, both leading parties felt the people were ready and behind the notion of a new nation, a nation that was their own. Or at least, that's why I think. :P
Good question though, and I hope I was able to answer that a bit for you. :partay:

1- domino status:

my questions are:

Hello Sir,

Normally I keep myself away from these kind of threads. However, after going through your questions I couldn't control myself. I don't want to sound harsh or biased, However when someone points figure at our independence and own your country it certainly hurts. I am sure you would feel the same pain, if I were to ask you questions on your mother land.

Here is a link which will answer all your queries

BBC - Radio 4 Empire - India: Dominion or not Dominion

I am giving one paragraph from above article

India, was excluded because there was an active independence movement, because she shunned dominion status and because Britain had a different relationship with India than she did with the rest of the empire.

Hope this article answers your question. Stop spreading hate, We have absolutely no question about your mother land integrity and we expect the same from others.

Please do not say anything about our country, this is a defense forum and lets limit it till defense.

JAI HIND!!! :)

:sniper:

1- domino status:

my questions are:

This whole partition thing was a clumsy mess.
Even after the creation of Pakistan and India,there were still hundreds of princely states existing within the present political boundaries of India.
So,if the question is about the Domino status,then,technically India got rid of it when it got her independence,but the integration of some of the princely states took some more time and gave the shape the India presently has.
Apart from the princely states,there were French colonies,Portuguese colonies etc.,some of which were integrated as late as 1961.Now depending upon the perspective,some may call it integration and some may call it annexation,does not make any difference though in the present scenario.

After the independence,the post of Viceroy was replaced by the post of Governor General.It was because of the transition of a centuries old colony in to an independent nation.There were still many princely states which were loyal to the British crown but did not have any official loyalty declared towards India.So,a supervisor was necessary.There was no foreign policy devised at that time,as these things tend to take a lot of time.Lord Mountbatten was the first Governor General,subsequently replaced by C.Rajagopalachari.When the Indian Constitution was drafted in 1950,the post of Governor general was not required any more,and it was abolished.Instead the post of President of India was created.

Hope this answers the question.

p.s. : An incomplete list of Princely states of India can be found here . It contains only the bigger states and not many smaller ones.

This whole partition thing was a clumsy mess.
Even after the creation of Pakistan and India,there were still hundreds of princely states existing within the present political boundaries of India.
So,if the question is about the Domino status,then,technically India got rid of it when it got her independence,but the integration of some of the princely states took some more time and gave the shape the India presently has.
Apart from the princely states,there were French colonies,Portuguese colonies etc.,some of which were integrated as late as 1961.Now depending upon the perspective,some may call it integration and some may call it annexation,does not make any difference though in the present scenario.

After the independence,the post of Viceroy was replaced by the post of Governor General.It was because of the transition of a centuries old colony in to an independent nation.There were still many princely states which were loyal to the British crown but did not have any official loyalty declared towards India.So,a supervisor was necessary.There was no foreign policy devised at that time,as these things tend to take a lot of time.Lord Mountbatten was the first Governor General,subsequently replaced by C.Rajagopalachari.When the Indian Constitution was drafted in 1950,the post of Governor general was not required any more,and it was abolished.Instead the post of President of India was created.

Hope this answers the question.

p.s. : An incomplete list of Princely states of India can be found here . It contains only the bigger states and not many smaller ones.

Hmm, I like your answer better than mine, since mine was mostly just speculation. :laugh:
Thanks for clearing that up for not just the OP, but myself as well. :]

Hmm, I like your answer better than mine, since mine was mostly just speculation. :laugh:
Thanks for clearing that up for not just the OP, but myself as well. :]

Any constructive input is welcome, my friend.

Back
Top Bottom