What's new

Mysterious buyer of JF-17 THUNDER BLOCK 2

PAF's connection with SLAF goes back a long way and this contract will no doubt make the relationship even more stronger.

The four Pakistan Air Force instructor pilots who were assisting in the training of SLAF students commenced their work on July 27, 2001, just two days after the attack. As they taxied out on their first mission that day, they went past three burnt out K-8 hulks. The PAF instructors had been seconded to the SLAF for 18 months, but due to an increased threat from India and the build up of their troops on Pakistan’s border the pilots were subsequently posted back to their units by mid-2002. Unfortunately, one of them, Sqn Ldr Niswan, was subsequently killed in a Mirage crash in 2003. A Pakistan flag flies along with Chinese and Sri Lankan flags outside the CO’s office as a tribute to those countries that assisted in the creation of the unit

China hasn't gone against England by allowing Argentine access to JF-17. It was learned that JF-17s for Argentina wouldn't have anti-ship missiles which England was most wary of.

Just a thought, if England is willing to sell Eurofighter to India then why can't we sell JF-17 to Argentine? While the later may be used against England, the former would most definitely be used against us!

EDIT: Why just the single squadron? Does it make sense to field only a single squadron of a particular make/model?

Hi,

And where does it says that Sri lanka is the customer?
I don't find where is it confirmed that the buyer is Sri lanka. Today, some native medias in china posted the same message, but the quoted source is just this thread after I checked. Before this, many comments guessed that it may be Burma

I don't find any offical message that can confirm who is the buyer. Before some days, some comments in the native forums in china guessed that perhaps it is Burma

I don't find where is it confirmed that the buyer is Sri lanka. Today, some native medias in china posted the same message, but the quoted source is just this thread after I checked. Before this, many comments guessed that it may be Burma
Hi,

I understand from your post that you're also speculating like everyone here else that the customer is Sri lanka, right ?

Congratulations Pakistan & China.
Just a thought, if England is willing to sell Eurofighter to India then why can't we sell JF-17 to Argentine?
B/c we're not England?!!!

Just a thought, if England is willing to sell Eurofighter to India then why can't we sell JF-17 to Argentine? While the later may be used against England, the former would most definitely be used against us!

EDIT: Why just the single squadron? Does it make sense to field only a single squadron of a particular make/model?
I think it does make sense when all of their fighter strength is some 30 odd aircraft.

Congratulations to China. Well done boys. :tup:
fire_ass-2146.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2015-6-21_2-15-30.jpeg
    upload_2015-6-21_2-15-30.jpeg
    10 KB · Views: 44
Hi,

I understand from your post that you're also speculating like everyone here else that the customer is Sri lanka, right ?
I
Hi,

Of course, it is excting if the message is true.

Why pakistan concern about indian influence in myanmar.Pakistan do no have much trade,investment,border or common culture with myanmar instead it is india's border,India do good trade and some what common culture with myanmar.

We can ask India the same question in regards to Afghanistan. India has neither border nor cultural relations with Afghanistan.

Indian influence in Myanmar would've been a concern for Pakistan and their air force is the primal target of its development. We don't have a threat perception towards Myanmar but we don' have a positive expectation from our mutual neighbour.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom