What's new

Myanmar moves army to Bangladesh border

Pardon my ignorance, but how have BD's relationships been with Burma/Mayanmar historically? Is there any reason for them to station troops near the border?

Historically we ignored each other, cause the junta is not really approachable for a friendly chat at that time.

Our relations strained in 2008, because of a gas exploration by myanmar in a territory which we claimed as ours. There was a military standoff cause of this.

yesterday the verdict was delivered and new territorial lines were drawn, so they pushed their soldiers to the border for national security

I hope myanmar attacks bangladesh we are ready to use those commys as fertilizers on our already fertile lands.

images

BD and Burma do not share a large border. their top brass know there they are going to fight.
Each army is capable to atleast defend their land hence I don't think any one is winning in case of war.

You don't fight when you know that you are not going to win. apllies to both country.

Historically we ignored each other, cause the junta is not really approachable for a friendly chat at that time.

Our relations strained in 2008, because of a gas exploration by myanmar in a territory which we claimed as ours. There was a military standoff cause of this.

yesterday the verdict was delivered and new territorial lines were drawn, so they pushed their soldiers to the border for national security

So chances of actual fighting breaking out are minimal?

I hope myanmar attacks bangladesh we are ready to use those commys as fertilizers on our already fertile lands.

Wasn't Mujib a "commie" as well? He was a marxist, if I recall correctly. Why the commie hate?

We should try our best to maintain good relations with Myanmar. We should extend and intensify our cooperation with them and I don't think it will be hard. We need them as friends. In case our mutual relationship with India deteriorates Myanmar would be there as the only door open to outside world.
What for? To escape?

Wasn't Mujib a "commie" as well? He was a marxist, if I recall correctly. Why the commie hate?

Yup, i think burma wants to make sure we dont attack them. Just national security thats all.

There is no substitute for peace. If a war starts, it will be from the Burmese side. Bangladesh needs no war, and war or no war, we have achieved what we have been seeking for tens of years. Burma cannot wrestle our territorial gains in the BoB just by sending a 2000 troops to the border.

We killed the commie

Counting both forces I guess bangladesh has upper hand... But with china support burma can defeat bangla easily... . Burma has more to offer to china unlike bangla... ..

This is a God-send opportunity for BD to unleash the Mujahids who have been waiting and waiting. With sincere and sustained support from BD, the Mujahids themselves can expel the Burmese from their motherland Arakan.

Lol... sorry, I thought all Bangladeshis celebrated Mujib as the father of their nation. Didn't know there was a strong anti-Mujib sentiment.

A very strong anti-mujib sentiment.

If Myanmar moved its army to border we can and should take action to counter that.
That's exactly what I'm talking about.
But how does that translate that to sacrificing our dignity and honor?
If our govt. don't take any bold step against this aggression, it will be seen as a weakness.
And how does Myanmar addition troops in the border means war?
It doesn't mean war, but it certainly means a threat. I mean, come on think about it, troops deployment near zero line of the border does impose a threat.
Also, are we not selectively sacrificing our dignity and honor in another border?
Our economy is much more stable and stronger than Myanmar's, and we shouldn't be afraid of such dysfunctional state. And talking of the other border, well, I'm optimistic things won't be as same as now in the near future Insha-Allah.

Lol... sorry, I thought all Bangladeshis celebrated Mujib as the father of their nation. Didn't know there was a strong anti-Mujib sentiment.

Very strong sentiment indeed, bro. We killed the commie and his family, but we missed out on 2 of them, which still came to haunt us after 30 years. To make matters worse they also bred and their breeding bred with a Jew from America.

Back
Top Bottom