What's new

Myanmar looks to buy Chinese SY-400 ballistic missile systems

As I said in my earlier post, there is no border issue between India and Myanmar.

The joint survey was completed and agreed upon back in 2003.

What you may have heard is related to terrorists on both sides of the border.

The rebels of Myanmar running away into India while rebels of India running away into Myanmar.

Myanmar and India already have an agreement and joint task force to deal with the rebels that are inimical to the interests of either of the countries.

There is no outstanding dispute or disagreement between India and Myanmar.
As Myanmar army getting stronger, they will have problem with you. Cause historically Myanmar had many problem with British India about the its land.

We have heck lot of investment in Chittagong, i think Myanmar won't dare to attack it. This weapon is too good for dealing menace like terrorists and rebellions. Kind of a strategic deference.

I personally against the selling, I don't know what the government has in mind. A rocket system with 400KM, it even can hit deep into India.@Aung Zaya do you have problem with Thailand?

And I knew Myanmar also has border conflict with India in the area of Manipur. So maybe you know :D

Another gesture to contain India as it has long zigzag land connection border with Myanmar.

Unlike BD and India, Myanmar and India doesn't have a well defined clear border in some of the area. Time to take advantage of.......

@Aung Zaya kindly resolve the Rohinyas issue, and bring peace back to BD and Myanmar. You don't want to disturb China's long term strategic setup , aren't you?

I think India will have problem if BD induct SY400?:partay::cheers:.

probably it will target CHT airbase and military military pin-points. not CHT city. it will be defensive strike to ones who want to annex arakan.. among 4 big neigbhours , we dont have beef with Thailand right now and current Chief of commander have a very good relationship with Thailand King and current PM since he was young. relation with India is also not that bad.and weapon come from China. bro

sure. bro we're trying to solve peaceful way and following the suggestion of Kofi Annan led team and EU also support it. so very close to get citizenships for them according to our law bro :D we also warmly welcome Chinese investment and we wont let it destoryed by a such case. we need Chinese influence in that region to balance Western's.

As Myanmar army getting stronger, they will have problem with you. Cause historically Myanmar had many problem with British India about the its land.

Current day Pakistan, India, Nepal, Bangladesh and Myanmar were all part of British India.

I do not understand what you are talking about.

upload_2017-5-7_0-8-11.png

Last edited:
Agree, hope all weapons are used only in battlefield, never against civilian targets. Last but not least, wish BD-MM diplomacy works and peace prevails.
bro we cant afford to attack civilian targets like MLRS. we will buy up to 6 units and yes. it will be for most value military targets. we have no benefit to attack civilian targets with such precious missiles. dont worry bro we're not North Korea. :D

bro we cant afford to attack civilian targets like MLRS. we will buy up to 6 units and yes. it will be for most value military targets. we have no benefit to attack civilian targets with such precious missiles. dont worry bro we're not North Korea. :D
What's the main purpose of inducting SY400, make strategic deterrence against to whom? Did Myanmar ever consider Brahmos?

Current day Pakistan, India, Nepal, Bangladesh and Myanmar were all part of British India.

View attachment 395154
For me, Myanmar is totally different from India.

View attachment 395154
Your logic is weird. Please ignore the word India when you bring up British India. The landmass was controlled and plotted by Britain, not Indians. Don't mix the achievement of British and what was supposed to be yours together.

This is true.

What's the main purpose of inducting SY400, make strategic deterrence against to whom? Did Myanmar ever consider Brahmos?

Your logic is weird. Please ignore the word India when you bring up British India. The landmass was controlled and plotted by Britain, not Indians. Don't mix the achievement of British and what was supposed to be yours together.

Of course India and Myanmar are two separate countries. Who is disputing or denying that?

I never brought up the word British India. It is you who brought up that word in Post # 31 and trying to use Myanmar relations with British India as the basis to prove that Myanmar has issues with India.

upload_2017-5-7_0-21-2.png

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/myan...ic-missile-systems.493809/page-3#post-9453628

probably it will target CHT airbase and military military pin-points. not CHT city. it will be defensive strike to ones who want to annex arakan.. among 4 big neigbhours , we dont have beef with Thailand right now and current Chief of commander have a very good relationship with Thailand King and current PM since he was young. relation with India is also not that bad.and weapon come from China. bro

sure. bro we're trying to solve peaceful way and following the suggestion of Kofi Annan led team and EU also support it. so very close to get citizenships for them according to our law bro :D we also warmly welcome Chinese investment and we wont let it destoryed by a such case. we need Chinese influence in that region to balance Western's.
I think BD doesn't have missle that can hit this far, they are also defensive force.

Of course India and Myanmar are two separate countries. Who is disputing or denying that?

I never brought up the word British India. It is you who brought up that word in Post # 31 and trying to use Myanmar relations with British India as the basis to prove that Myanmar has issues with India.

View attachment 395157

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/myan...ic-missile-systems.493809/page-3#post-9453628
I think Myanamr is closer with China than India, or they will have gone to Brahmos.

I think BD doesn't have missle that can hit this far, they are also defensive force.

I think Myanamr is more close with China than India, or they will have gone to Brahmos.

I will not speculate.

I will let people of Myanmar decide who they are closer to or not.

My point was that Myanmar and India do not have any outstanding issues.

I will not speculate.

I will let people of Myanmar decide who they are closer to or not.

My point was that Myanmar and India do not have any outstanding issues.
i think right now India is getting closer with Myanamr?

This is true.
bro we're building our army to become strong force in the region. so getting such missiles is a must for us. the main porpose of the getting them is to defend from annex any part of our country.

I think Myanamr is closer with China than India, or they will have gone to Brahmos.
yes. BD itself is a defensive force. but u can see even in here.most of their member asking to annex arakan region on arakan problem.i dont not sure u may know or not.last 2 year, a BD newspaper called Dhaka Tribune which is owned and run by current BD gov party top elites published an article in which to annex arakan state and joining BD to become greater bangladesh too. so they may think twice if we got such a system bro. so u still thinking of we dont need them.?

The range of SY400 has been equal with latest Brahmos, it may cause arm race in the region. The weapon is just too powerful to be sold.

This is totally an offensive weapon. As I said, if this deal goes through, Bangladesh wouldn't just be limited to this SRBM but we will go beyond. We already have a stronger military power in our west and we can't let another to emerge in our east.

Our PM has already announced it several times that Bangladesh will be manufacturing advanced missiles and rocket launchers in near future.

This is totally an offensive weapon. As I said, if this deal goes through, Bangladesh wouldn't just be limited to this SRBM but we will go beyond. We already have a stronger military power in our west and we can't let another to emerge in our east.

Our PM has already announced it several times that Bangladesh will be manufacturing advanced missiles and rocket launchers in near future.
I don't think so.It will depend on the user and how to use them. Don't worry we won't touch anyone as long as they start.. :P

https://www.armyrecognition.com/apr...se_sy-400_short-range_ballistic_missiles.html

Myanmar to receive first batch of Chinese SY-400 short-range ballistic missiles
April 2020 News Defense Global Security army industry
POSTED ON MONDAY, 06 APRIL 2020 16:55

Myanmar (formerly Burma) is going to receive the first batch of Chinese-made SY-400 short-range ballistic missiles in very soon after a series of tough negotiations for years. Myanmar will also get some kinds of technology transfer for SY-400 along with some amount of loan to cover as the result of prolonged discussions.

Myanmar_to_receive_first_batch_of_Chinese_SY-400_short-range_ballistic_missiles_925_001.jpg

SY-400 short-range ballistic missile displayed at AirShow China in November 2018. (Picture source: Army Recognition)

The SY-400 also called DF-12A system in standard configuration has eight containers (canisters) with solid-fuel missiles. Missiles are factory-fitted into these containers and can be stored for years without requiring additional maintenance. Missiles are launched vertically and have a range of about 400 km. SY-400 can use different types of warheads.

SY-400 missile is equipped with GPS/INS guidance system. It is steered to the intended target in the initial flight phase by four control surfaces and stabilizing fins. The missile uses a low lowering rate to extend the range. Multiple missiles can be aimed at different targets.

The missile launcher units are mounted at the rear of on Wanshan 8x8 high-mobility military truck chassis. The truck is powered by a Deutz Diesel engine developing 517 hp. It can run at a maximum road speed of 75 km/h with a maximum cruising range of 650 km.

In December 2017, it was announced that Qatar Armed Forces has acquired SY-400 short-range ballistic missile system from China. The missile system was showcased the same year during the rehearsal of the Qatar National Day parade.

Your move Bangladesh......

https://www.armyrecognition.com/apr...se_sy-400_short-range_ballistic_missiles.html

Myanmar to receive first batch of Chinese SY-400 short-range ballistic missiles
April 2020 News Defense Global Security army industry
POSTED ON MONDAY, 06 APRIL 2020 16:55

Myanmar (formerly Burma) is going to receive the first batch of Chinese-made SY-400 short-range ballistic missiles in very soon after a series of tough negotiations for years. Myanmar will also get some kinds of technology transfer for SY-400 along with some amount of loan to cover as the result of prolonged discussions.

Myanmar_to_receive_first_batch_of_Chinese_SY-400_short-range_ballistic_missiles_925_001.jpg

SY-400 short-range ballistic missile displayed at AirShow China in November 2018. (Picture source: Army Recognition)

The SY-400 also called DF-12A system in standard configuration has eight containers (canisters) with solid-fuel missiles. Missiles are factory-fitted into these containers and can be stored for years without requiring additional maintenance. Missiles are launched vertically and have a range of about 400 km. SY-400 can use different types of warheads.

SY-400 missile is equipped with GPS/INS guidance system. It is steered to the intended target in the initial flight phase by four control surfaces and stabilizing fins. The missile uses a low lowering rate to extend the range. Multiple missiles can be aimed at different targets.

The missile launcher units are mounted at the rear of on Wanshan 8x8 high-mobility military truck chassis. The truck is powered by a Deutz Diesel engine developing 517 hp. It can run at a maximum road speed of 75 km/h with a maximum cruising range of 650 km.

In December 2017, it was announced that Qatar Armed Forces has acquired SY-400 short-range ballistic missile system from China. The missile system was showcased the same year during the rehearsal of the Qatar National Day parade.

Your move Bangladesh......
Not only are we buying the system, we are also getting the ToT.
thats why the negotiation takes 3 years.

Back
Top Bottom