What's new

Myanmar Defence Forum

@Aung Zaya what is the status regarding kilo-class submarines from Russia ? should not subs join by 2015 according to plan?
@sahureka2 do you know anything about it ?

no chance Myanmar has bought Kilo class submarine, Vietnamese built the base and other facilities first before the arrival of their Subs, and Myanmar has no kind of activity

so the answer is clear.. we got 7 turrents from India.. and later upgraded locally... we wont spend more money for a stealth dome from Isreal. I think..

of course . if u spend a lot of money in here and promise me to back home after that... :P i know personally 2 BD who work for Telenor in here.. they usually spend almost all their wages in bar and club.. they said night life in BD is so bored.. no bar no club.. it's really..?

it may be almost 4 years ago.. i think.. bro it was the past..
Now Ooredoo lunched 4G service for Yangon and Mandalay...
http://www.telecomasia.net/content/ooredoo-myanmar-launch-4g-month
Telenor and MPT is testing and will roll out soon too..
View attachment 305716
At the end of this year... 4G service is available in Major Cities.. Your Viettel will start with 3G service and catch the operators with 4G service.. So dont worry about that..

I Just back from HCMC last week.. yes.. a nice place to live..!! it was high temp but i dont feel hot coz of a big tree in the city.. i also love to walk and enjoy the night life of HCMC.. i have a good time in Vietnam.. :P
View attachment 305717
talk about bars and club, I have been to yangon many times, but I rarely see any bars maybe I mainly hanged around in china town aound sulei pagoda. can you share some information of the bar concentrating area or famous bars or club in yangon?

@Aung Zaya what is the status regarding kilo-class submarines from Russia ? should not subs join by 2015 according to plan?
@sahureka2 do you know anything about it ?
no chance Myanmar has bought Kilo class submarine, Vietnamese built the base and other facilities first before the arrival of their Subs, and Myanmar has no kind of activity
Nope.. There is no plan to join kilo till at the end of 2017.. It's still negotiating state.. It will be part of President's current trip to Russia..and I said it will include in navy's 2025 plan.. Not for now..

Nope.. There is no plan to join kilo till at the end of 2017.. It's still negotiating state.. It will be part of President's current trip to Russia..and I said it will include in navy's 2025 plan.. Not for now..

actually the Russian is not selling Kilo anymore, they offering Amur class instead

actually the Russian is not selling Kilo anymore, they offering Amur class instead
Amur 1650, me likey :D
so it means Myanmar Navy will not have subs before 2020.
Meanwhile BD will operate 4 subs by that time :D

Amur 1650, me likey :D

so it means Myanmar Navy will not have subs before 2020.
Meanwhile BD will operate 4 subs by that time :D
I don't mean so.. Negotiations can be carried out in this trips.. I mean till 2017 is arrival time of subs.. It may be at the start of 2018.. :dance3::dance3:

do u have submarine facilities ?
building base and facilities can be built after negotiation.. but trainee have been sent to Pak , India and other country and trained to run a sub since many years ago..

building base and facilities can be built after negotiation.. but trainee have been sent to Pak , India and other country and trained to run a sub since many years ago..
1. well then you need more time than 2018. building facilities take 1.5-2 years.
2. that is weird, it means no proper planning, Pakistan, India and other countries do not operate same subs o_O

1. well then you need more time than 2018. building facilities take 1.5-2 years.
2. that is weird, it means no proper planning, Pakistan, India and other countries do not operate same subs o_O

1. yes..!! that's why i said there is no plan to join at the end of 2017..
2. nope..at 1st we almost buy from Pk old subs coz they offered them with special discount.. that's why we sent our trainee to pk. but later we decided to move to russia ones which is much better..i mean the other country is Russia.. India and Russia are operating the same subs..

yes.. but we started the negotiation with kilo.. i dont know we will continue to kilo or move to armur.. it will depend on Russia..

1. yes..!! that's why i said there is no plan to join at the end of 2017..
2. nope..at 1st we almost buy from Pk old subs coz they offered them with special discount.. that's why we sent our trainee to pk. but later we decided to move to russia ones which is much better..i mean the other country is Russia.. India and Russia are operating the same subs..

yes.. but we started the negotiation with kilo.. i dont know we will continue to kilo or move to armur.. it will depend on Russia..

Indonesia had negotiating Kilo class for godknows how long, and suddenly Ukrainian crisis happened and so many Kilo spares parts is came from Ukraine, and so the Russian right now move on to new design with less Ukraine parts and they've came up with Amur class.

No! it is not so, the BEHEL acquired the license of the Compact 76/62 in 1995, so those made in India are of a different version to the one supplied to the Navy of Myanmar.
I think the compact 76/62 available to Burmese, come from military surplus equipment market, as only South Africa and Israel had that kind of naval cannon is likely that with a kind of triangular trade in some way, during arms embargo, these compact 76/62 from decommissioned ships, arrived in Myanmar.

Version of Myanmar (photo Myanmar Navy)
UxgV4rv.jpg

This is the first version made in India (Kora class)
BghOU7n.jpg

Then for stealth domes, there are producers in India, the Chinese also, and even in Italy there are specialized companies, but there is also a fourth opportunity, may have been carried out directly in Myanmar
so can i know there is any ability difference between Italy one and Israel one with stealth dome..? just differ being stealth..? bro

Indonesia had negotiating Kilo class for godknows how long, and suddenly Ukrainian crisis happened and so many Kilo spares parts is came from Ukraine, and so the Russian right now move on to new design with less Ukraine parts and they've came up with Amur class.
but i think Russia is promoting armur even before ukraine crisis.. and how they get spare parts for Vietnam one which already built and will be built in future..!?still from ukraine..!? i think Vietnam's 6 kilos order is still not filfull..
therefore Indo moved to Korean subs..!?

so can i know there is any ability difference between Italy one and Israel one with stealth dome..? just differ being stealth..? bro

but i think Russia is promoting armur even before ukraine crisis.. and how they get spare parts for Vietnam one which already built and will be built in future..!?still from ukraine..!? i think Vietnam's 6 kilos order is still not filfull..
therefore Indo moved to Korean subs..!?

It's Vietnam gov. intervention to get the supply directly from Ukraine

before acquiring submarines class Kilo or Amur, would be appropriate to start with something simpler, for example Vietnam before acquiring Kilo, bought a couple of Yugo Class midget sub from North Korea, this has allowed us to give a little experience for new submariners, below in the picture.
Pe6jkED.jpg

It found that Myanmar and North Korea have had good commercial and even military relations
and it is certain that the Navy Myanmar to equip the frigate F-11, has acquired a number of NK origin weapon systems.

question: is it possible that at the time Myanmar has also procured :ph34r: a couple midget sub ??

Back
Top Bottom