What's new

Myanmar Defence Forum

Hey guy,
How to get there, Rangoon for example ? what airliners operate there ?
What's the average room rate in Rangoon?
Any attraction for leisure trip ?

image.jpeg

The vietjet promotion for Myanmar.. Bro
There are two Vietnam airlines operating here as bro aloungphaya said.. May be Vietjet and Vietnam airline I think.. Flight fares are cheap.. Yangon-Vietnam-Yangon round trip will be cost just 87 - 90 USD..

If u want to spend ur free time , I highly recommended to go Bagan, the mysterious land of Myanmar.. Check here
https://defence.pk/threads/myanmar-in-photos-news.397608/page-5

Thank you so much.
what is the popular means of transport?
You drive on right or left side?
Right side.. Bro

Mr. Aung Zaya
that's a collage that I made :( not the source ?

image-jpeg.305495

image-jpeg.305494

as I wrote in the site where they were published, the Myanmar military in the period of the embargo, was able to purchase at least 7 turrets Oto Melara Compact 76/62, the number that follows the weapons installed on naval units Burmese + 2 photographed in a store the navy during an official visit to the military authorities, but a version used only by the Israeli Navy and South African, striking feature, a ridge on the dome, inspection doors positioned at the sides and some accessories to 'external, Chile also owns this version as it has acquired FAC naval units second hand from Israel.
As shown by my collage, Myanmar has commissioned the construction of a dome stealth adapted to its type 76/62 Compact, dome stealth that differs from the one currently in production by the Italian Oto Melara Super Rapid.
:cheers:
Depend on the fact that u said, we may be upgraded with israel assistant locally if Myanmar already got at least 7 turrents. .. bro

South African is almost no relationship in military with Myanmar.. but we had deep militay relationship with isreal..even small arms used by MM army are developed based on the Isreali Galil.

BTW Is there any other licensed producer of oto 76mm..!?

OTO Melara now OTO Breda 76/62 Compact

licensed
Australia, Japan, India, Spain, USA.

unlicensed
Iran called Fajr-27

but officially no one license for the initial version adopted by Israel and South Africa, and later arrived with Sa'ar 4-class missile boat to Chile and Sri Lanka and only turret 76/62 in Myanmar.

It would be interesting to know where they were made stealth domes installed on Compact 76/62
Myanmar :wave:

Last edited:
Thank you so much.
what is the popular means of transport?
You drive on right or left side?

Like Aung Zeya says, you should definitely go to Bagan. Everyone needs to go to Bagan at some point in life. Transport wise, you can get a train up country but it's slow. Most people take a coach but that's not so safe because our highways are not very safe - a lot of crashes. If you don't mind the cost, you should fly. Recommended for a short trip. If you want a car, you can only hire a car with a driver. You can't rent your own car yet in Myanmar. Are you really planning to go? I'm planning of going to either Vietnam or Cambodia on my next SE Asian trip and it'd be cool if you told me the differences between Viet and Myanmar so I know what to expect. :cheers:

Like Aung Zeya says, you should definitely go to Bagan. Everyone needs to go to Bagan at some point in life. Transport wise, you can get a train up country but it's slow. Most people take a coach but that's not so safe because our highways are not very safe - a lot of crashes. If you don't mind the cost, you should fly. Recommended for a short trip. If you want a car, you can only hire a car with a driver. You can't rent your own car yet in Myanmar. Are you really planning to go? I'm planning of going to either Vietnam or Cambodia on my next SE Asian trip and it'd be cool if you told me the differences between Viet and Myanmar so I know what to expect. :cheers:
I am taking note
az06WLY0_700wa_0.gif

will you invite me to your house if I come to visit ? :D
@Aung Zaya

Last edited:

coincidently, I have lunch with my friend yesterday, we have some talks about Myanmar. As I learn MM is under the transfer of power, Aung San Suu Ky side still not in full power but raising. About China, MM people basically dont like China, they aim to Western and borrow much of money not from China but Western.
Future isnt predictable easily for investment.
There are about 5% of elite people which have far sight than Vietnam elite, that is the reason to boost MM so fast , I think.
My wife friend, who visit MM few years ago blamed that it is hard to find place for surfing Net in Mm for travellers, it should be improved today.
It is interesting to be able to exchange with the local guys, as I know there is only direct flights between HCMC and Yangon, so your first impression would be a big city, with a lot of social activities, you may feel easy to exchange in English with local residents, especially young people. You could expect the same as what HAGL built in your country, but in larger scale, temperature in Southern Vietnam stable around 30 - 32 C degrees 2 seasons , North Vietnam 4 season cold in winter 10 - 16C deg, very hot in summer 32-36 C deg.
What you means by short fly? Helicopter?

What make you limit your next stop in Cambodia or Vietnam? How about Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines, Malaysia

Is it hot in Myanmar ?

Last edited:
OTO Melara now OTO Breda 76/62 Compact

licensed
Australia, Japan, India, Spain, USA.

unlicensed
Iran called Fajr-27

but officially no one license for the initial version adopted by Israel and South Africa, and later arrived with Sa'ar 4-class missile boat to Chile and Sri Lanka and only turret 76/62 in Myanmar.

It would be interesting to know where they were made stealth domes installed on Compact 76/62
Myanmar :wave:

so the answer is clear.. we got 7 turrents from India.. and later upgraded locally... we wont spend more money for a stealth dome from Isreal. I think..

will you invite me to your house if I come to visit ? :D
@Aung Zaya

of course . if u spend a lot of money in here and promise me to back home after that... :P i know personally 2 BD who work for Telenor in here.. they usually spend almost all their wages in bar and club.. they said night life in BD is so bored.. no bar no club.. it's really..?

My wife friend, who visit MM few years ago blamed that it is hard to find place for surfing Net in Mm for travellers, it should be improved today.

it may be almost 4 years ago.. i think.. bro it was the past..
Now Ooredoo lunched 4G service for Yangon and Mandalay...
http://www.telecomasia.net/content/ooredoo-myanmar-launch-4g-month
Telenor and MPT is testing and will roll out soon too..
IMG_3429.JPG

At the end of this year... 4G service is available in Major Cities.. Your Viettel will start with 3G service and catch the operators with 4G service.. So dont worry about that..

so your first impression would be a big city, with a lot of social activities, you may feel easy to exchange in English with local residents, especially young people. You could expect the same as what HAGL built in your country, but in larger scale,

I Just back from HCMC last week.. yes.. a nice place to live..!! it was high temp but i dont feel hot coz of a big tree in the city.. i also love to walk and enjoy the night life of HCMC.. i have a good time in Vietnam.. :P
IMG_3069.JPG

Last edited:
I Just back from HCMC last week.. yes.. a nice place to live..!! it was high temp but i dont feel hot coz of a big tree in the city.. i also love to walk and enjoy the night life of HCMC.. i have a good time in Vietnam.. :P
View attachment 305717

Can you make a comparison between Yangon and HCMC ? to draw an illustration to anyone who doesn't visit Yangon but HCMC.
How long have you been to HCMC ?

of course . if u spend a lot of money in here and promise me to back home after that... :P i know personally 2 BD who work for Telenor in here.. they usually spend almost all their wages in bar and club.. they said night life in BD is so bored.. no bar no club.. it's really..?
bar available but those are expense ones lol

just around 40 deg.. :D

I've been to Langkawi island, Malaysia. Can I expect the same feeling in Myanmar islands in Andaman sea ?
So it's so hot. North Vietnam temperature affected by two direction.
Hot air from Laos ( maybe originated from Myanmar, LOL )
Cool air from China and SCS sea.
Which one stronger would cool down or hot up our air.

Can you make a comparison between Yangon and HCMC ? to draw an illustration to anyone who doesn't visit Yangon but HCMC.
How long have you been to HCMC ?

Just 2 days.. Coz I was in business trip.. And it can not be a good comparison with just 2 day experience.. :D I will come next time.. :P

bar available but those are expense ones lol
Lol that's why they use lot of money in there before they back to home.. I think their contract with Telenor will be end soon after working over a year here.. Why no club in BD..!? Even foreigner only club..!?

Lol that's why they use lot of money in there before they back to home.. I think their contract with Telenor will be end soon after working over a year here.. Why no club in BD..!? Even foreigner only club..!?
there are clubs for elite and foreigners. We are conservative society it does not matter to which religion you belong.

I've been to Langkawi island, Malaysia. Can I expect the same feeling in Myanmar islands in Andaman sea ?
So it's so hot. North Vietnam temperature affected by two direction.
Hot air from Laos ( maybe originated from Myanmar, LOL )
Cool air from China and SCS sea.
Which one stronger would cool down or hot up our air.
Even better..!!! Lol :P
Google Meigual islands..
Newest hostspot for tourists.. And still allows a few tourists a day..
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

More photos >>> Check the link or google.. Bro

there are clubs for elite and foreigners. We are conservative society it does not matter to which religion you belong.

I think there is no much difference the total expense between club in Myanmar and BD.. In here the cost of all everything will be double for them because they are foreigners..

so the answer is clear.. we got 7 turrents from India.. and later upgraded locally... we wont spend more money for a stealth dome from Isreal. I think..

No! it is not so, the BEHEL acquired the license of the Compact 76/62 in 1995, so those made in India are of a different version to the one supplied to the Navy of Myanmar.
I think the compact 76/62 available to Burmese, come from military surplus equipment market, as only South Africa and Israel had that kind of naval cannon is likely that with a kind of triangular trade in some way, during arms embargo, these compact 76/62 from decommissioned ships, arrived in Myanmar.

Version of Myanmar (photo Myanmar Navy)
UxgV4rv.jpg

This is the first version made in India (Kora class)
BghOU7n.jpg

Then for stealth domes, there are producers in India, the Chinese also, and even in Italy there are specialized companies, but there is also a fourth opportunity, may have been carried out directly in Myanmar

Back
Top Bottom