What's new

Myanmar Defence Forum

Biman plane crashes in Yangon airport
https://www.mmtimes.com/news/biman-plane-crashes-yangon-airport.html
planecrash-biman.jpg

F-14 Kyan Sit Thar class Frigate conducted anti-submarine Exercise in Strait of Malacca.
FB_IMG_1557649220809.jpeg
FB_IMG_1557649223968.jpeg

F-14 and F-12 is going to Singapore right now right

Myanmar National Airline lands with gear fail in Mandalay International Airport
mna-mandalay-belly-landing-05.jpg

mna-mandalay-belly-landing-07.jpg

Good job by the pilot, I just saw this in news.

9A107788-7687-4E2B-8008-82AA0D8EF714.jpeg
Malaysian new prototype paskal camo(their special forces). When will our SOTF boys or even the normal infantryman get something like this?

2E173BC1-C4DF-4A1D-9460-A98DCDD249ED.jpeg
Crye precision combat shirt
5D3622EE-A8AB-4F32-94F0-48B5C1277291.jpeg

Navy seals already have like the crye g3 combat shirt lookalikes, how hard can it be to replace the uniforms cutting with the current pattern or a new pattern?

View attachment 559942 Malaysian new prototype paskal camo(their special forces). When will our SOTF boys or even the normal infantryman get something like this?

View attachment 559944 Crye precision combat shirtView attachment 559943

Navy seals already have like the crye g3 combat shirt lookalikes, how hard can it be to replace the uniforms cutting with the current pattern or a new pattern?
it depends on willingness of Generals to change. I bet they will use this current at least 10 years.

I
it depends on willingness of Generals to change. I bet they will use this current at least 10 years.
damn if that’s the case, my heart goes out for our troops.

If we are going to allow the rohingyas back into Myanmar we need to strengthen our immigration and do thorough background checks in and the nation must be united to stand against these Muslim jihadist.

I say we should stop fighting our ethnic brothers who are alike us and stand united to deter Muslim extremism that could threaten our country. We may be of different religions or ethnicities but we are all citizens of Myanmar above all and must work to Ensure the security of our country. It’s not a matter of where, but when.

View attachment 559942 Malaysian new prototype paskal camo(their special forces). When will our SOTF boys or even the normal infantryman get something like this?

View attachment 559944 Crye precision combat shirtView attachment 559943

I think the problem is with the pride of the top levels who were once part of 80s-90s kayin and shan theatre. They are very confortable with the conventional way of thinking when it comes to infantry equipment and way of operating firearms. The pride is so strong that they always portray how they crawl through the kayin jungles for many weeks by eating bamboo shoots to achieve their objective and stuffs instead of innovating the troops by alligning with the complexity of the modern warfare.

We been using our japanese era ammo rig since we gain independent and the only improvement we got over many decades is the new kevlar vest and helmet (which i still think needs alot of improvement).

My point is we should do research on proper vest with MOLLE webbing. Either plate carrier or build in kevlar one will be fine. Doesnt need to be top notch US military grade but we can allign with our budget and operational needs. Let the troops customize the vests with the pouches with their own needs. Our current infantry equipment set up is real pathetic.

Speaking of operating firearm, we are still training our troops with point shooting/hip firing stance and some soldiers are proudly using that firing position in the frontline. Lets be realistic, troops in the 80s and 90s were using G3 as standard issue rifle and the recoil was so strong that they adapt the hip firing stance for their ease. The recoil of our current standard issue MA series rifles are nothing compared to the G3s. They should be taught with proper firing stance for both jungle and urban warfare scenario.

I think the problem is with the pride of the top levels who were once part of 80s-90s kayin and shan theatre. They are very confortable with the conventional way of thinking when it comes to infantry equipment and way of operating firearms. The pride is so strong that they always portray how they crawl through the kayin jungles for many weeks by eating bamboo shoots to achieve their objective and stuffs instead of innovating the troops by alligning with the complexity of the modern warfare.

We been using our japanese era ammo rig since we gain independent and the only improvement we got over many decades is the new kevlar vest and helmet (which i still think needs alot of improvement).

My point is we should do research on proper vest with MOLLE webbing. Either plate carrier or build in kevlar one will be fine. Doesnt need to be top notch US military grade but we can allign with our budget and operational needs. Let the troops customize the vests with the pouches with their own needs. Our current infantry equipment set up is real pathetic.

Speaking of operating firearm, we are still training our troops with point shooting/hip firing stance and some soldiers are proudly using that firing position in the frontline. Lets be realistic, troops in the 80s and 90s were using G3 as standard issue rifle and the recoil was so strong that they adapt the hip firing stance for their ease. The recoil of our current standard issue MA series rifles are nothing compared to the G3s. They should be taught with proper firing stance for both jungle and urban warfare scenario.

I saw carrier plates with the molle system from troops operating in Rakhine, and is the bull pup MA rifle gonna be standard issue for all troops or only for SOTF?

Back
Top Bottom