What's new

Myanmar Defence Forum

i found this old pic on fb. How many of this radar do we have? and what type of missile is used with this radar in our air defense forces?

13139290_983629955026308_7656171642378660584_n.jpg

13124638_983822405007063_7936681996085323585_n.jpg

Attachments

• 13124638_983822405007063_7936681996085323585_n.jpg
    13124638_983822405007063_7936681996085323585_n.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 49
question what types of UAVs does the airforce have

CH 3 and Skylark 2 UAVs are backbone of MAF.
Army also uses a number of locally assembled UAV with Chinese and Israeli payloads.

Are we using them for recon mostly or drone strikes as well?

Actually our Mi35s are battle proven since 2011 (lajaryang battle) and it helped us regain control of laukking and monekoe. I think we can stick with them for a while with upgrades here and there.

My only concern is the maingun. It is a fixed double barrel 30mm gun that needs the Hind to face the direction it is firing. It loses the element of surprise in some cases and can be abit dangerous to the pilots.

I saw this photo from facebook and it looks like our birds are upgraded with heat dissipater. Smart move by airforce since rebels are lowkey stockpiling cheap chinese manpads. At least it gives decent protection to the pilots from manpad attack.View attachment 555221

I finally found the close up photo on Myanmar Defense Weapons Page again.

Attachments

• BAB140B8-573A-4D10-8629-2B91F55A55C8.jpeg
    BAB140B8-573A-4D10-8629-2B91F55A55C8.jpeg
    139.1 KB · Views: 64
Drone strike against the insurgents with a guided missile is not a very lucritive idea in my opinion unless it is a high value target. I think they use it mostly for recon or artillery fire correction.

မြန်မာ့တပ်မတော်က ရေငုပ်သင်္ဘောကိုမကြာမီအချိန်အတွင်းမှာပဲ ပိုင်ဆိုင်နိုင်တော့မယ်လို့ တပ်မတော် သတင်းမှန်ပြန်ကြားရေးအဖွဲ့ အတွင်းရေးမှူး ဗိုလ်မှူးချုပ်ဇော်မင်းထွန်းက ဘီဘီစီကိုပြောပါတယ်။

ရေငုပ်သင်္ဘောပိုင်ဆိုင်ဖို့ဆိုတာက ဝယ်ရတာသိပ်မခက်ဘူး။ အရေးကြီးတာက သူရဲ့ အခြေချမယ့်နေရာ တွေ၊ သူနဲ့ဆက်စပ်တဲ့အထောက်အပံ့ပစ္စည်းတွေ၊ အသုံးပြုနိုင်ဖို့လေ့ကျင်သင်ကြားမှုတွေက ပိုအရေးကြီးတယ်။ ကျွန်တော်တို့ဆီမှာ ရေငုပ်သင်္ဘောမှာသုံးနိုင်တဲ့ သင်တန်းပြီးထားတဲ့သူတွေရှိနေပါပြီလို့ သူကဆို ပါတယ်။

"သင်တန်းကာလက ၅နှစ်ကနေ ၇နှစ်အတွင်းရှိတယ်။ ဒါကရေငုပ်သင်္ဘောပိုင်ဆိုင်ဖို့ ပြင်ဆင်တဲ့အချိန်ထဲမှာ သင်တန်းကာလကိုထည့်တွက်တယ်။ သင်တန်းကာလက အောင်မြင်ပြီးပြီဖြစ်ပါတယ်။ အဲဒီတော့ ဆယ်စုနှစ် တစ်ခုအတွင်းမှာ ပိုင်ဆိုင်နိုင်မယ်ဆိုတာက ဘယ်တော့ဆိုတာကိုတွက်ကြည့်လို့ရပါတယ်" လို့ ဗိုလ်မှူးချုပ်ဇော်မင်းထွန်းက ဘီဘီစီကိုပြောပါတယ်။

https://www.bbc.com/burmese/burma-48116339

_106745411_seniorgeneralminaunghlaing.jpg

မြန်မာ့တပ်မတော်က ရေငုပ်သင်္ဘောကိုမကြာမီအချိန်အတွင်းမှာပဲ ပိုင်ဆိုင်နိုင်တော့မယ်လို့ တပ်မတော် သတင်းမှန်ပြန်ကြားရေးအဖွဲ့ အတွင်းရေးမှူး ဗိုလ်မှူးချုပ်ဇော်မင်းထွန်းက ဘီဘီစီကိုပြောပါတယ်။

ရေငုပ်သင်္ဘောပိုင်ဆိုင်ဖို့ဆိုတာက ဝယ်ရတာသိပ်မခက်ဘူး။ အရေးကြီးတာက သူရဲ့ အခြေချမယ့်နေရာ တွေ၊ သူနဲ့ဆက်စပ်တဲ့အထောက်အပံ့ပစ္စည်းတွေ၊ အသုံးပြုနိုင်ဖို့လေ့ကျင်သင်ကြားမှုတွေက ပိုအရေးကြီးတယ်။ ကျွန်တော်တို့ဆီမှာ ရေငုပ်သင်္ဘောမှာသုံးနိုင်တဲ့ သင်တန်းပြီးထားတဲ့သူတွေရှိနေပါပြီလို့ သူကဆို ပါတယ်။

"သင်တန်းကာလက ၅နှစ်ကနေ ၇နှစ်အတွင်းရှိတယ်။ ဒါကရေငုပ်သင်္ဘောပိုင်ဆိုင်ဖို့ ပြင်ဆင်တဲ့အချိန်ထဲမှာ သင်တန်းကာလကိုထည့်တွက်တယ်။ သင်တန်းကာလက အောင်မြင်ပြီးပြီဖြစ်ပါတယ်။ အဲဒီတော့ ဆယ်စုနှစ် တစ်ခုအတွင်းမှာ ပိုင်ဆိုင်နိုင်မယ်ဆိုတာက ဘယ်တော့ဆိုတာကိုတွက်ကြည့်လို့ရပါတယ်" လို့ ဗိုလ်မှူးချုပ်ဇော်မင်းထွန်းက ဘီဘီစီကိုပြောပါတယ်။

https://www.bbc.com/burmese/burma-48116339

View attachment 558060
So the chance is higher with the kilo class? Saw some short documentary about indian navy's kilo subs and life on board is miserable. Intensive training is needed for sailors to be physically and mentally ready with this very demanding job.
Looks like evry details needed to be considered regarding the ration choices and clothings as fresh water is limited on board.

what do you guys think of the Kamov Ka-60 for Airforce and Navy

latest

How old are the MA-1,2,3,4
not that old bro. but in next decade , we may need next gen assault rifles.
For navy will be enough with proper anti-sub or SAR confirgeration in my opinion.
My guess is no for both. we operate 6 + Eurocopter for navy and more than a dozen of Mi-17 for army. so we dont them in rush. and i think sticking in proven platforms like Eurocopter and Mi-17 is better , instead of investing in unproven ones.

not that old bro. but in next decade , we may need next gen assault rifles.

My guess is no for both. we operate 6 + Eurocopter for navy and more than a dozen of Mi-17 for army. so we dont them in rush. and i think sticking in proven platforms like Eurocopter and Mi-17 is better , instead of investing in unproven ones.
Army started equiping MA series to front line troops during early 2000s. We can trace back from the books written by veterans. We were dealing with jungle masters KNU during those eras. The size and weight of G3 were big pain in the *** for our light infantry regiments in the karen jungles. So the new light weight but weaker punching power MA series were replaced among the troops.
Firearm diversity back then was very unique among troops. Some were carrying M1 carbines, some were carrying weird looking grenade launcher (BA? ?) I forgot the name lmao.

Army started equiping MA series to front line troops during early 2000s. We can trace back from the books written by veterans. We were dealing with jungle masters KNU during those eras. The size and weight of G3 were big pain in the *** for our light infantry regiments in the karen jungles. So the new light weight but weaker punching power MA series were replaced among the troops.
Firearm diversity back then was very unique among troops. Some were carrying M1 carbines, some were carrying weird looking grenade launcher (BA? ?) I forgot the name lmao.

This pic is creating interesting discussings among local military enthusiast and also by our lovely neighbours who love to call us monkey. :(
Our officers are getting trained by Indian navy for how to submarine 101?
Combat diver means something similar to naval special force?
Since Indian navy is operating the kilo class submarines, i think we can safely assume our navy is eyeing kilos rather than chinese platform.
FB_IMG_1557236773343.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom