What's new

Myanmar Defence Forum

To the Defence Services Museum?
yap they think we will gladly accept the jets. those jet are almost as old as myanmar is a country and are they giving us new ones or used ones.I would gladly welcome it if they were HJT-36

JF17s are also rumored to be commissioned on air force day. Lets see what other surprises will be showcased.
JF 17, ATR and Eurocopter for MAF and floating dock, some riverine ships and LCUs fot MN I think.

JF 17, ATR and Eurocopter for MAF and floating dock, some riverine ships and LCUs fot MN I think.
Are those JF17s going to be under navy or airforce command? I might be wrong my brothers but i feels like we have been sticking to this traditional concept of all planes should belong to the airforce and all ships should belong to navy and etc. I think it will be less of a bureaucratic mess if we form different air branch under navy. Since those JF17s are dedicated for anti-maritime warfare (according to rumors) isn't it more effective for them to be under navy for more effective operation? At least we can save time doing cross branch report during war time.

yap they think we will gladly accept the jets. those jet are almost as old as myanmar is a country and are they giving us new ones or used ones.I would gladly welcome it if they were HJT-36

Yah sorry about this "donation" (yes these are used, since we dont produce these anymore for a long time)....I don't know what India is thinking doing this. We should give our brother Myanmar something lot newer and better....or not give at all imo.

I have feeling its for display purpose and maybe cockpit training/familiarisation officially...and maybe few other reasons unofficially.

Are those JF17s going to be under navy or airforce command? I might be wrong my brothers but i feels like we have been sticking to this traditional concept of all planes should belong to the airforce and all ships should belong to navy and etc. I think it will be less of a bureaucratic mess if we form different air branch under navy. Since those JF17s are dedicated for anti-maritime warfare (according to rumors) isn't it more effective for them to be under navy for more effective operation? At least we can save time doing cross branch report during war time.

I think keep as Air Force, since that way yes its main purpose will be naval interdiction....but can use multirole scenario as they arise as well.

Myanmar maybe over time will get potent land to sea cruise missile platform (with C4I networking with Myanmar navy), and then JF-17 can easily transition into more traditional AF role.

Yah sorry about this "donation" (yes these are used, since we dont produce these anymore for a long time)....I don't know what India is thinking doing this. We should give our brother Myanmar something lot newer and better....or not give at all imo.

I have feeling its for display purpose and maybe cockpit training/familiarisation officially...and maybe few other reasons unofficially.

I think keep as Air Force, since that way yes its main purpose will be naval interdiction....but can use multirole scenario as they arise as well.

Myanmar maybe over time will get potent land to sea cruise missile platform (with C4I networking with Myanmar navy), and then JF-17 can easily transition into more traditional AF role.
Agreed. I just to want few though.
MAF is in a good shape now. MAF can look toward some European nations, South Africa and Israel to enhance deep strike capability inside neighboring country.
1. C4ISR from Denel Dynamics, Rafael Defense and Leonardo
2. Aerial Combat Capability such as A-Darter, Derby and R-darter
3. Anti-radiation and precision strike capability from Denel Dynamics
4. Training from Israel

Check whether Rafael Sky shield can be integrated with JF-17 locally that will completely jam Bangladesh Navy and Air Guard. Sky shield will make Bangladesh Navy and Air Shield like a duck. Sky Shield can jam modern search radar and FCR. Sky Shield successfully jammed Pantsir, Buk and S-400.

https://exoatmospheric.wordpress.co...riumf-is-not-rocket-science-but-sead-science/

Last edited:
HJT-36 also suffers from some technical issues and was deemed unfit fir service and was dropped by india.

i also feel like that. bro
India already gave much more aids like military ambulances and many other things and I'm really appreciated. But I dont understand this move. 1 is enoungh for display unit in museum. Instead , I would be glad even something more useful. bro

India - Myanmar friendship + Brotherhood :cheers:

@Aung Zaya
we heard something big coming from India. I'm so exciting for our navy birthday although the news is yet to be comfirmed.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom