What's new

Myanmar Defence Forum

Design is the thing i want to emphasize on. Tatmadaw kevlar, by judging from look, is not suitable for high intensity warfare. From my limited pleb knowledge, kevlar itself is not able to stop high velocity rounds. But according to what i have read, they seems to do their job and saves alot of lives during Laukking skirmish.

Another thing I want to point out is the (ww2 era) ammo rigs. We seriously need to change that. From my observation, the current kevlar armor and the rigs are combo package. They put on the kevlar first, then put on their rig. The way the troops wear their rigs is not very tactical i would say. It obviously limit their speed reloading stance and many others. It may be fine for conventional hill/jungle battles, but for urban warfare it might be a bit of disadvantage. (Just my opinion)

I realised the MOLLE webbing on the new generation kevlar armors. But i do not see the chest ammo pouches. MOLLE and chest pouches are suppose to be husband and wife. It's a waste of money to add extra layers on the body armor and not utilizing it with proper gear. Our troops need proper plate carrier instead of this hybrid stuff.

At the end of the day, Kar Chote is giving himself a frequent visit to Russia. Hope he see the necessities and initiate the change.

"Pyaung Lae Chain Tan B"
Hak hak

New lighter and stronger kevlar vest with add on armour plate are being issued to the frontline units since 2017. Also the new design nylon rigss are being in produced.
There are alot of ongoing modernization programme. Signal Corps just started production of Personal Role Radios for individual soldiers. DI is also preparing for the mass production of NVD and NVG including the night vision sights.

Design is the thing i want to emphasize on. Tatmadaw kevlar, by judging from look, is not suitable for high intensity warfare. From my limited pleb knowledge, kevlar itself is not able to stop high velocity rounds. But according to what i have read, they seems to do their job and saves alot of lives during Laukking skirmish.

"Pyaung Lae Chain Tan B"
Hak hak

bro no doubt the quality of DI product. can do their duty very well. but u know, really weak in in design. i doubt designers in DI had ever been consider about human factor. ? perhaps they dont know how to make the things more comfortable for the users. should substitute the chief of design department with other suitable persons.

Another thing I want to point out is the (ww2 era) ammo rigs. We seriously need to change that. From my observation, the current kevlar armor and the rigs are combo package. They put on the kevlar first, then put on their rig. The way the troops wear their rigs is not very tactical i would say. It obviously limit their speed reloading stance and many others. It may be fine for conventional hill/jungle battles, but for urban warfare it might be a bit of disadvantage. (Just my opinion)

sure. bro
even WW2 equipment has better look than our today rig. and also need a good back pack which can contain MRE for a week and other things inside well.

At the end of the day, Kar Chote is giving himself a frequent visit to Russia. Hope he see the necessities and initiate the change.

"Pyaung Lae Chain Tan B"
Hak hak

no doubt. bro
39744778_2174714459437965_4141795533725368320_n.jpg

Doing some research a bit on the MA-6. I heard that it's designated for the SIG-Sauer P226 being used.
Can someone confirm if this is wrong? I found this out from the Small Arms Illustrated website years ago.

Myanmar Air Force commander flies Su-30SM fighter jet during Moscow visit
Military & Defense
August 23, 0:23 UTC+3
The source said the general had flown as second pilot
MOSCOW, August 22. /TASS/. Myanmar Air Force Commanderf, General Maung Maung Kyaw, piloted a Russian Su-30SM fighter jet during his recent visit to Moscow, a source from the military-industrial complex told TASS on Wednesday.

According to the source, the commander flew the aircraft on August 17, at the Kubinka airfield west of Moscow. The source said the general had flown as second pilot. "Kyaw took turns with the first pilot, during the flight they performed several aerobatic maneuvers," the source said. "The captain, a Russian pilot, gave high marks to the skills of the commander and admired his adapting to the aircraft almost right away," he added.

"The general flew confidently and smoothly," the source added. Maung Maung Kyaw did not conceal his delight from flying the plane he had seen in the skies many times. He resolved to fly the fighter jet as Myanmar is planning to buy six such planes, the source added.

Maung Maung Kyaw visited Russia on August 12-18. In particular, on August 17 he met with Russian Deputy Defense Minister Alexander Fomin to discuss bilateral cooperation.

In January, Fomin said that when Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu visited Myanmar on January 20-21, an agreement was reached that Russia would supply six Su-30 aircraft to the republic.

More:
http://tass.com/defense/1018281

SM is going to be part of our striking force to clear potential threats from western neighbour. @tarpitz @Devilduck
very delight to hear that Af commander still remember how to fly and can do even several aerobatic maneuvers in front of russia pilot without any mistakes.

Military & Defense
MOSCOW, August 22. /TASS/. Myanmar Air Force Commanderf, General Maung Maung Kyaw, piloted a Russian Su-30SM fighter jet during his recent visit to Moscow, a source from the military-industrial complex told TASS on Wednesday.

According to the source, the commander flew the aircraft on August 17, at the Kubinka airfield west of Moscow. The source said the general had flown as second pilot. "Kyaw took turns with the first pilot, during the flight they performed several aerobatic maneuvers," the source said. "The captain, a Russian pilot, gave high marks to the skills of the commander and admired his adapting to the aircraft almost right away," he added.

"The general flew confidently and smoothly," the source added. Maung Maung Kyaw did not conceal his delight from flying the plane he had seen in the skies many times. He resolved to fly the fighter jet as Myanmar is planning to buy six such planes, the source added.

Maung Maung Kyaw visited Russia on August 12-18. In particular, on August 17 he met with Russian Deputy Defense Minister Alexander Fomin to discuss bilateral cooperation.

In January, Fomin said that when Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu visited Myanmar on January 20-21, an agreement was reached that Russia would supply six Su-30 aircraft to the republic.

More:

SM is going to be part of our striking force to clear potential threats from western neighbour. @tarpitz @Devilduck
very delight to hear that Af commander still remember how to fly and can do even several aerobatic maneuvers in front of russia pilot without any mistakes.
Those birds will definitely look flawless in our sky.

Doing some research a bit on the MA-6. I heard that it's designated for the SIG-Sauer P226 being used.
Can someone confirm if this is wrong? I found this out from the Small Arms Illustrated website years ago.
Nope. MA 6 is 120 mm mortar and MA 6 Mk 2 is 120 mm Extended Range Mortar.

Pistol is MA 5 Mk 2. It is a reverse engineered Glock 19 and nothing to do with SIG-Sauer P226.

Military & Defense

More:

Deadly Arrows for our neighours.

Nope. MA 6 is 120 mm mortar and MA 6 Mk 2 is 120 mm Extended Range Mortar.

Pistol is MA 5 Mk 2. It is a reverse engineered Glock 19 and nothing to do with SIG-Sauer P226.

Good to hear. I swore that the shape did look like a Glock 17. But if you say so.

Are there any further pics of the MA-5 Mk 2? I only saw pics here that were uploaded on the net since 2014.

seem he wrote the article based on the deal of JF-17 tot and the number of scholars attending in MAI. In my view, we need to make our economy stronger first and support to appear the successful private defence relating companies like those in Thailand and Indonesia. both developing own tech and getting tot need millions of money and time. also need a good partner and need to aim to export to others. if not , it wont be economy and it would be more expensive than its counterparts selling in the market. so we need to patience and should wait till our defence sector develop to produce own ones. if not, buying aircraft with full weapon package would be better and cost effective way.

I agree with you bro. we first got to develop relating industries such as automotive industries and tech industries first and then go from there. We have to pull out our majority of work force from agricultural industries and head to modern industrial country. By the way bro, I am quoting from the article named "Азиатский вектор дружбы: почему сотрудничество России и Мьянмы крепнет год от года".

I did't know we have so many doctoral students in Russia bro. By the way, what subjects are they studying bro?
in many area. bro
naval field, chemical engineering, nuclear power , logistic, aviation and so on. bro according to russian media, only for nuclear sector, we had sent more than 600 scholars within 10-year period. with this rate , we should have seen more than this. bro

I agree with you bro. we first got to develop relating industries such as automotive industries and tech industries first and then go from there. We have to pull out our majority of work force from agricultural industries and head to modern industrial country. By the way bro, I am quoting from the article named "Азиатский вектор дружбы: почему сотрудничество России и Мьянмы крепнет год от года".
seem are u one of them ? bro
u look very familiar with Russian language. :D

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom