What's new

Myanmar Defence Forum

Thanks.

You know the formal name of the airborne regiment in the Tatmadaw?

Also, is it Special Operation Task Force or Special Operations Task Force? I don't know which one is correct, but I see the first one being used in English-language materials.
I heard them being called random burmese name. If they are related to air, we use 'lai tat a htoo tat pwe', which means Air Force Commando.

Few weeks ago @Aung Zaya asked me about Fighter Jet that can perform COIN role. I think you have an answer. L-159E can do the job but F/A-259 would be better if you can get it Czech Republic.
you will be able to save cost and effort to deploy L-159E easily. I am guessing Czech is a friendly nation to Myanmar. In fact
F/A-259 or L-159E is better armed than most Bangladeshi Aircraft. The fighter jet can fire American, Israeli or South African munitions. Win-Win for MAF.

Few weeks ago @Aung Zaya asked me about Fighter Jet that can perform COIN role. I think you have an answer. L-159E can do the job but F/A-259 would be better if you can get it Czech Republic.
you will be able to save cost and effort to deploy L-159E easily. I am guessing Czech is a friendly nation to Myanmar. In fact
F/A-259 or L-159E is better armed than most Bangladeshi Aircraft. The fighter jet can fire American, Israeli or South African munitions. Win-Win for MAF.
agreed. bro
seem no need to L-159E anymore as we 're likely getting one of the best aircraft for COIN mission. bro

Football can cause everything.
Myanmar supporter from Indonesia in today Myanmar-Iran match.
FB_IMG_1534763123741.jpg

Военно-техническое сотрудничество – ключевая составляющая российско-мьянманских отношений, отметил Министр обороны РФ генерал армии Сергей Шойгу на встрече с главнокомандующим Вооруженными силами Мьянмы, старшим генералом Мин Аунг Хлайном на полях МВТФ «Армия-2018»

«Рассматриваем Мьянму в качестве стратегического партнера России в Юго-Восточной Азии и Азиатско-Тихоокеанском регионе, - сказал Сергей Шойгу. – С учетом формата нашей сегодняшней встречи предлагаю кратко обменяться мнениями по первоочередным вопросам двустороннего военного и военно-технического сотрудничества».

Мин Аунг Хлайн отметил, что военное и военно-техническое сотрудничество России и Мьянмы укрепляется из года в год. «Мне приятно отметить, что наша команда участвовала в Армейских международных играх. Для нас участие в этих соревнованиях дает огромную базу для получения опыта по взаимодействию с российской армией», - добавил он.

#Минобороны #Шойгу #Армия2018 #Мьянма #МВТФ #МеждународнаяДеятельность

Military-technical cooperation is a key component of the Russian-Myanmar relations, Defense Minister of the Russian Federation, General of the Army Sergei Shoigu, said at a meeting with the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Myanmar, Senior General Ming Aung Hlin on the fields of the Army 2018

"We are considering Myanmar as Russia's strategic partner in Southeast Asia and the Asia-Pacific region," said Sergei Shoigu. "Taking into account the format of our today's meeting, I propose to briefly exchange views on the priority issues of bilateral military and military-technical cooperation."

Min Aung Khlayn noted that the military and military-technical cooperation between Russia and Myanmar has been strengthening from year to year. "I am pleased to note that our team participated in the Army international games. For us, participating in these competitions provides a tremendous base for gaining experience in dealing with the Russian army, "he added.

#Ministry of Defense #Shoigu #Army2018 #Myanmar
#MVTF #Helicopters

from MoD of Russia FB

By judging from the video of C in C facebook, our c in c have a great relation with russian MOD Shoigu. And russian media recently reported more about technological cooperation between the two countries.

And I might be wrong because of the google translate, the russian reporter Dmitry Sergeve said in his article that we are trying to produce our own military aircraft.
I hope we are gonna produce our own military aircraft in the near future bro.

What are your thoughts on that bro @Aung Zaya @tarpitz

By judging from the video of C in C facebook, our c in c have a great relation with russian MOD Shoigu. And russian media recently reported more about technological cooperation between the two countries.

And I might be wrong because of the google translate, the russian reporter Dmitry Sergeve said in his article that we are trying to produce our own military aircraft.
I hope we are gonna produce our own military aircraft in the near future bro.

What are your thoughts on that bro @Aung Zaya @tarpitz
seem he wrote the article based on the deal of JF-17 tot and the number of scholars attending in MAI. In my view, we need to make our economy stronger first and support to appear the successful private defence relating companies like those in Thailand and Indonesia. both developing own tech and getting tot need millions of money and time. also need a good partner and need to aim to export to others. if not , it wont be economy and it would be more expensive than its counterparts selling in the market. so we need to patience and should wait till our defence sector develop to produce own ones. if not, buying aircraft with full weapon package would be better and cost effective way.

seem he wrote the article based on the deal of JF-17 tot and the number of scholars attending in MAI. In my view, we need to make our economy stronger first and support to appear the successful private defence relating companies like those in Thailand and Indonesia. both developing own tech and getting tot need millions of money and time. also need a good partner and need to aim to export to others. if not , it wont be economy and it would be more expensive than its counterparts selling in the market. so we need to patience and should wait till our defence sector develop to produce own ones. if not, buying aircraft with full weapon package would be better and cost effective way.
Totally agree with you brother. Private defence sector is a must. Even if army do not allow firearm manufacturing, at least body armor, plate career, ammo pouches, army boots and many other stuffs can be easily handled by public. More thinking brain = more innovation. To be honest i do not like the look of standard issued kevlar armors made by DI.

Plane building is something we need to lay foundation for now but starting the project will be costly as you mentioned. Instead we can go for armored carriers and ground vehicles first or we can make the MAV prototypes come real.

In my opinion, our country got decent/sustainable lathe industry and there are many smart people out there who had been in the industry for decades. Utilizing those individuals with tatmadaw technology together with army engineers can come up with a decent APC or IFV.

Hello peeps.

My first article is now online here.

Has some info on the Tatmadaw using it. Thank you, open source research.

No problem. Guess all the time doing fanfiction (hey, I'm trying to do original fiction too) and working as a research analyst paid off.

Totally agree with you brother. Private defence sector is a must. Even if army do not allow firearm manufacturing, at least body armor, plate career, ammo pouches, army boots and many other stuffs can be easily handled by public. More thinking brain = more innovation. To be honest i do not like the look of standard issued kevlar armors made by DI.
kevlar next generation is a lot better than the older ones. increase in protection and lighter. but as u know, still need to do a lot especially in design. in here, if we have developed private sector , we just go though with the tender work to get better quality with cheaper price. China defence industry is the best example i think. time to found the independent defence company which can collaborate with other defence companies in the region like PT and DTI.

kevlar next generation is a lot better than the older ones. increase in protection and lighter. but as u know, still need to do a lot especially in design. in here, if we have developed private sector , we just go though with the tender work to get better quality with cheaper price. China defence industry is the best example i think. time to found the independent defence company which can collaborate with other defence companies in the region like PT and DTI.
Design is the thing i want to emphasize on. Tatmadaw kevlar, by judging from look, is not suitable for high intensity warfare. From my limited pleb knowledge, kevlar itself is not able to stop high velocity rounds. But according to what i have read, they seems to do their job and saves alot of lives during Laukking skirmish.

Another thing I want to point out is the (ww2 era) ammo rigs. We seriously need to change that. From my observation, the current kevlar armor and the rigs are combo package. They put on the kevlar first, then put on their rig. The way the troops wear their rigs is not very tactical i would say. It obviously limit their speed reloading stance and many others. It may be fine for conventional hill/jungle battles, but for urban warfare it might be a bit of disadvantage. (Just my opinion)

I realised the MOLLE webbing on the new generation kevlar armors. But i do not see the chest ammo pouches. MOLLE and chest pouches are suppose to be husband and wife. It's a waste of money to add extra layers on the body armor and not utilizing it with proper gear. Our troops need proper plate carrier instead of this hybrid stuff.

At the end of the day, Kar Chote is giving himself a frequent visit to Russia. Hope he see the necessities and initiate the change.

"Pyaung Lae Chain Tan B"
Hak hak

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom