What's new

Myanmar-Bangladesh relations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, our country was an empire. China is more desperate for natural resources and a sea-port for the south. What is Bangladesh? Do they need workers? I don't think so. You are a pawn in their little tussle with India. Don't think anything otherwise.

*yawn*

We just maintain amicable relations with both India and China. Even Myanmar. That's all.

Sure, there are some outstanding issues with India, but that doesn't technically make them our enemy. And yes, our relations with India are complex to say the least.

You little dream of taking over Arakan? Go fight global warming instead, Bengali boy. It will serve your country better.

We never threatened to take over Arakan. Grow up and read some history please.

Well, our country was an empire. China is more desperate for natural resources and a sea-port for the south. What is Bangladesh? Do they need workers? I don't think so. You are a pawn in their little tussle with India. Don't think anything otherwise.

You little dream of taking over Arakan? Go fight global warming instead, Bengali boy. It will serve your country better.

Myanamar was an empire.. hahahahah

OK

Well China wants your natural resource?? OK and that is why they want you.. I dont blame Chinese for that.. We want the same from Myanmar as well.

Our relation with China is strategic. And we like each other.. thats the best part.

Better stay in good term with Chinese instead of dancing like a headless chicken. Otherwise you have bleak future which I can see.

Actually Hindu hating Jamatis in Bangladesh wishes all trade relation with India to be scraped and mostly see Myanmar as an option to counter India. Recent incidents really came as a real shock for them.

Many in India believe that Myanmar is much more reliable than Bangladesh because Bangladeshi make issues even out of the sound of fart. Most of the trade deal between India-Myanmar went without much hurdles but same becomes a huge national issue in Bangladesh because of the blessings of anti-India Jamatis and their supporters.

I don;t understand the logic in that at all. India is a future superpower and Bangladesh is surrounded by it. Why would they want to piss it off?

Silly talk aside, I have no qualms about Bangladesh but in the power circles in Myanmar, they are almost an afterthought. I think that the government would be receptive to open trading agreements with them but securing our natural resources in the Bay of Bengal and the Rohingya issue must be solved first. I can't remember who said it but the idea of a BD-Kunming railway is a pipe dream. China can build its railway to the BOB through our ports and develop South China that way. Why on earth would we allow BD to do the same without massive incentives?

The fact is Hindu hating Jamatis in Bangladesh wishes all trade relation with India to be scraped and mostly see Myanmar as an option to counter India. Recent incidents really came as a real shock for them.

Many in India believe that Myanmar is much more reliable than Bangladesh because Bangladeshi make issues even out of the sound of fart. Most of the trade deal between India-Myanmar went without much hurdles but same becomes a huge national issue in Bangladesh because of the blessings of anti-India Jamatis and their supporters.

Really? I thought India was a secular nation :lol:

I'd really love to know where you got that. Do you seriously believe that they'd be stupid enough to stop buying cotton from India that is critical for Bangladesh's RMG sector?

Please, put all this Jamati bashing to rest. It's getting boring. Jamaat never really had any say on Myanmar.

The fact is Hindu hating Jamatis in Bangladesh wishes all trade relation with India to be scraped and mostly see Myanmar as an option to counter India. Recent incidents really came as a real shock for them.

Wat trade Giga??? LOL
BD-INDIA trade going to surpass $7 billion dollar this year..

We just maintain amicable relations with both India and China. Even Myanmar. That's all.

Sure, there are some outstanding issues with India, but that doesn't technically make them our enemy. And yes, our relations with India are complex to say the least.

We never threatened to take over Arakan. Grow up and read some history please.

Oh, please. No BD politician will have the balls to say this to our face but every Bangladeshi dreams of this, particularly on a military forum like here.

Really? I thought India was a secular nation :lol:

You can ask them, we really don't care what theocratic states think about our secularism.

I'd really love to know where you got that. Do you seriously believe that they'd be stupid enough to stop buying cotton from India that is critical for Bangladesh's RMG sector?

Do clerics know anything about economy.

I don;t understand the logic in that at all. India is a future superpower and Bangladesh is surrounded by it. Why would they want to piss it off?

Silly talk aside, I have no qualms about Bangladesh but in the power circles in Myanmar, they are almost an afterthought. I think that the government would be receptive to open trading agreements with them but securing our natural resources in the Bay of Bengal and the Rohingya issue must be solved first. I can't remember who said it but the idea of a BD-Kunming railway is a pipe dream. China can build its railway to the BOB through our ports and develop South China that way. Why on earth would we allow BD to do the same without massive incentives?

Chinese are so pissed they just drop the idea of any rail link in Myanmar. They are now developing alternate route through Laos to Thailand. You again blundered $2 billion dollar for that project.

Wat trade Giga??? LOL
BD-INDIA trade going to surpass $7 billion dollar this year..

Not my concern, you should find yourself. Also, I don't have any problem with increasing BD-India trade but your every trade deal is filled with paranoia against India.

Oh, please. No BD politician will have the balls to say this to our face but every Bangladeshi dreams of this, particularly on a military forum like here.

LOL...talk about chest-thumping. How many Bangladeshis have you even met? :lol: Some of my best friends were Burmese.

Myanmar never even gets mentioned by anyone in Bangladesh. Not even the news media. The only time was the recent Rohingya incident. And that's it.

And that's how relevant you lot are in "real life" :wave:

You can ask them, we really don't care what theocratic states think about our secularism.

Bangladesh is not a theocratic state. Please, get educate yourself before sprouting garbage.

Do clerics know anything about economy.

I don't know if they are clerics. But I do know that they are better educated than most of Awami League :lol:

This sentence would be a nightmare for them and they will come up with talks on India poverty and other social issues to counter that India is a rising regional power. :lol::lol:

After seeing the rail map of Myanmar I too believe its a pipedream because it will need billions of dollar with little return. The narrow strip of rail line that India-Myanmar has proposed through Imphal-Moreh-Tamu-Kalay-Segyi will cost about $1 billion, what would be cost of Chittagong-Kunming rail line and who gonna pay for it.

Many Bangladeshi wish for separate rail line instead of joining the one India has planned.

railwaymapbig.jpg

Bangladesh is not a theocratic state. Please, get educate yourself before sprouting garbage.

Isn't Islam is your state religion, how come you aren't a theocracy when you are not secular either.

I don't know if they are clerics. But I do know that they are better educated than most of Awami League :lol:

I don't know about Awami League but I have surely heard and seen the views of clerics on economics, yes they are full of fantasies.

Isn't Islam is your state religion, how come you aren't a theocracy when you are not secular either.

State religion =/= theocracy.

I don't know about Awami League but I have surely heard and seen the views of clerics on economics, yes they are full of fantasies.

Shows you are too lazy to educate yourself.

State religion =/= theocracy.

Shows you are too lazy to educate yourself.

Theocratic state isn't really an issue here. i would be happy to live in a Buddhist/Jain/Hindu/baha'i Theocracy. UK is a officially Christian Country. The nature of the religion in the question is the issue. Not the form of state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom