What's new

My visit to the United States Military Academy --- West Point

Right now at West Point Academy in NY, USA!

Army Strong!!!!

image.jpg

@jhungary

Hey guys, sorry for the delay, just got back to NJ. Was so preoccupied in the tour that I forgot to upload more pictures.

What I'll do is make a write up of the history of this amazing and hallowed place , and then post pictures with proper caption.

I was deeply affected when I was there. My younger brother was recently accepted to USMA and will start as a first year cadet this fall. So we will definitely be visiting more of the USMA again. Soon. :)

Hey guys, sorry for the delay, just got back to NJ. Was so preoccupied in the tour that I forgot to upload more pictures.

What I'll do is make a write up of the history of this amazing and hallowed place , and then post pictures with proper caption.

I was deeply affected when I was there. My younger brother was recently accepted to USMA and will start as a first year cadet this fall. So we will definitely be visiting more of the USMA again. Soon. :)

Congrats to your little bro! I know you must be proud :cheers: :usflag:

Congrats to your little bro! I know you must be proud :cheers: :usflag:

I AM very proud! He will be the first in our family to attend the USMA, and unlike me when he graduates he will be a 2nd LT and will enlist into the Japanese Army (JGSDF). I was with him to check in to his dorm, talked to the folks in his class, and we were given a tour around the campus as well as their military museums.

I was impressed to see that in the museum they have enshrined the Nihonto (Katana) of one of Japan's greatest generals in WW2, General Tomoyuki Yamashita "The Tiger of Malaya".

My brother was excited. As he should be. He is the only Japanese National to be in his class, so he will be a pride for not only the U.S. , but for Japan.

Arriving , and finding the parking lot near Eisenhower Hall, we start the walk tour. My brother , as an excited 18 year old , wanted to run away from me and join his group, lol. Had to keep him calm , and convinced him to walk with his older brother lol.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I AM very proud! He will be the first in our family to attend the USMA, and unlike me when he graduates he will be a 2nd LT and will enlist into the Japanese Army (JGSDF). I was with him to check in to his dorm, talked to the folks in his class, and we were given a tour around the campus as well as their military museums.
That is amazing news, I wish your brother the best, and am sure he will make a fine officer.
I was impressed to see that in the museum they have enshrined the Nihonto (Katana) of one of Japan's greatest generals in WW2, General Tomoyuki Yamashita "The Tiger of Malaya".
Yes, it is deserved as the feats of the General was a great strategist.

That is amazing news, I wish your brother the best, and am sure he will make a fine officer.

Yes, it is deserved as the feats of the General was a great strategist.

It was compelling. My friend , how far we have come. Our grandfather was a graduate of the Imperial Japanese Naval Academy in 1938. He fought and engaged the graduates of the USMA , and now -- his own grandson will be trained here.

He would have been proud if he were still alive.

Thank you for the kind wishes for him. I pray he will make us all proud.

Congratulations, My younger brother is about to go the other route and will do his officers training after he clears college whilst in the Army. But then he scored pretty high on the ASVAB so lots of opportunities for him, Im just glad he serves his country.

Congratulations, My younger brother is about to go the other route and will do his officers training after he clears college whilst in the Army. But then he scored pretty high on the ASVAB so lots of opportunities for him, Im just glad he serves his country.

Congratulations to your brother! Tell him I said keep doing the fine job he is doing. The noble service in protecting and serving his Nation!

In today's orientation with the incoming class and their families, I admit I was nervous for my younger brother. His being only 18, and not from this country, and was worried If he would fit well with other classmates.

One of the parents asked us where we are from, and when we told them we are from Japan, they had good things to say . My brother was already bonding with several of his classmates by the time I left so I'm not too worried. It helps to know that the American cadets are very respectful and professional. Truly , I have an even greater respect for US Army.

Onward to the main campus....

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Congratulations to your brother! Tell him I said keep doing the fine job he is doing. The noble service in protecting and serving his Nation!

In today's orientation with the incoming class and their families, I admit I was nervous for my younger brother. His being only 18, and not from this country, and was worried If he would fit well with other classmates.

One of the parents asked us where we are from, and when we told them we are from Japan, they had good things to say . My brother was already bonding with several of his classmates by the time I left so I'm not too worried. It helps to know that the American cadets are very respectful and professional. Truly , I have an even greater respect for US Army.
That does not matter. This land is for all who want it to be theirs and want its life and values, at that point it is our duty to defend it from those that would look with an evil eye against it. It doesn't matter where one is from, that flag every morning is a reminder that regardless of how some inside this country might think about your skin colour, religion or any other ideals...by far and large this country is full of people that take you as one of their own if you do too.

It was compelling. My friend , how far we have come. Our grandfather was a graduate of the Imperial Japanese Naval Academy in 1938. He fought and engaged the graduates of the USMA , and now -- his own grandson will be trained here.
Life in its infinite mysteries....... Amazing
Thank you for the kind wishes for him. I pray he will make us all proud.
I am sure he will do well, it is in the blood.

where's the tanks, guns and shooting ranges dammit.....!?!??!?

tour my a$$....... :P

Back
Top Bottom