What's new

My short visit to Punjab...

tenu kinni var keha jatta naal panga nahin changa par tu hatda nahin.. now i will ignore u.

tenu kinni var keha jatta naal panga nahin changa par tu hatda nahin.. now i will ignore u.

Ignore or whatever. Tu etaay aa ke tamashay lon day chakar aaj ana. Phoot vi inni marda lagda tinu koi complex haiga.

We employ jatts on my farm, and I will not put them down just because of you.

i wouldnt care if you stop calling yourself true punjabis n all that when your people dont even speak punjabi n follow punjabi culture. other than that i have no beef with you

i wouldnt care if you stop calling yourself true punjabis n all that when your people dont even speak punjabi n follow punjabi culture. other than that i have no beef with you
lay off the weed bro

Again, most ridiculous thing i ever read. We don't speak punjabi? :rofl:

i m basing this from my own interation with pakistanis. pakistanis almost all of them speak urdu and follow urdu culture. urdu not the type we hear in PTV but suble one. they wont say dayee janib but dayee taraf.

i m basing this from my own interation with pakistanis. pakistanis almost all of them speak urdu and follow urdu culture. urdu not the type we hear in PTV but suble one. they wont say dayee janib but dayee taraf.
Whata heck is urdu culture? :laugh:

Even the word fateh is arabic.

So are a lot of words Indian Punjabis use.

there you go...why do you even forget Urdu is made up of many word from arabic...and also never forget urdu existed in India even when there was anythin called pakistan..thus it was used in whole of punjab...but again for you only Pakistan has the right to use Urdu..lol....you dont even want to learn the basic scripts of Punjab in bothe the sides..gurmukhi and shahmukhi....in both the scripts..there are extensive use of arabic/urdu words.

But if you really have an iota of idea about Punjabi language..you will easily get it who speaks the more RAW version of it..its the Indians..whereas Pakistani punjabis have now got most of its words from arabic/urdu...and is so much imnfluenced by it.

there you go...why do you even forget Urdu is made up of many word from arabic...and also never forget urdu existed in India even when there was anythin called pakistan..thus it was used in whole of punjab...but again for you only Pakistan has the right to use Urdu..lol....you dont even want to learn the basic scripts of Punjab in bothe the sides..gurmukhi and shahmukhi....in both the scripts..there are extensive use of arabic/urdu words.

But if you really have an iota of idea about Punjabi language..you will easily get it who speaks the more RAW version of it..its the Indians..whereas Pakistani punjabis have now got most of its words from arabic/urdu...and is so much imnfluenced by it.

No language is ever created from scratch. It has to be influenced from another. Urdu, Hindi, Punjabi, Sindhi etc are Indo-Aryan that basically have derived from Persian and from them maybe so on from another. BTW, Sanskrit was written in Pakistan so i would say to you to not try to undermine historical achievements. This is one example. Similarly, other languages have their own groups which share similarity. Just like Arabic and Hebrew are known as Semitic languages, that have strong hold in the Middle East, Greek and Latin on the other hand are grouped into something called indo-European that still has a profound impact in the modern West world.

Modern languages are constantly loosing shape.There is no language today, except Hebrew i think that is still in its purity. As i have stated in my last post, religion is one factor, the other that i would add is the multiculturalism itself. India and Pakistan are indeed very multicultural. Both countries were never countries in the past, and what the region Punjab back then was was a state that was self governed and had its own things. Once the federation formed, people started taking influence. BTW, just to remind you, 60 % of Punjab's territory lies in Pakistan. The population is many many times more than yours thus we have many dialects.

No language is ever created from scratch. It has to be influenced from another. Urdu, Hindi, Punjabi, Sindhi etc are Indo-Aryan that basically have derived from Persian and from them maybe so on from another. BTW, Sanskrit was written in Pakistan so i would say to you to not try to undermine historical achievements. This is one example. Similarly, other languages have their own groups which share similarity. Just like Arabic and Hebrew are known as Semitic languages, that have strong hold in the Middle East, Greek and Latin on the other hand are grouped into something called indo-European that still has a profound impact in the modern West world.

Modern languages are constantly loosing shape.There is no language today, except Hebrew i think that is still in its purity. As i have stated in my last post, religion is one factor, the other that i would add is the multiculturalism itself. India and Pakistan are indeed very multicultural. Both countries were never countries in the past, and what the region Punjab back then was was a state that was self governed and had its own things. Once the federation formed, people started taking influence. BTW, just to remind you, 60 % of Punjab's territory lies in Pakistan. The population is many many times more than yours thus we have many dialects.

You should have read the all my posts and the posts in response they were said..anyways...in short..yes every labguage gets influenced by others and thus a language is made...but every language has their own essence, which is the basic of a language and we are talking about that here. If its about influence then my point was very clear your punjabi is more influenced by the urdu/arabic language than ours. And yes you have many dialects, which is a major reason why the punjabi language has so much lost its essence in Pakistan..I am not saying all..but certainly much more than India. I dont know if you have listened to Indian punjabi speaking punjabi...their tone would tell you all.

You should have read the all my posts and the posts in response they were said..anyways...in short..yes every labguage gets influenced by others and thus a language is made...but every language has their own essence, which is the basic of a language and we are talking about that here. If its about influence then my point was very clear your punjabi is more influenced by the urdu/arabic language than ours. And yes you have many dialects, which is a major reason why the punjabi language has so much lost its essence in Pakistan..I am not saying all..but certainly much more than India. I dont know if you have listened to Indian punjabi speaking punjabi...their tone would tell you all.

So Punjabi in India is even more raw, while on the other hand they use arabic words as well.

Makes a lot of sense. :disagree:

So Punjabi in India is even more raw, while on the other hand they use arabic words as well.

so are you saying to be raw, you cant use arabic words ?? then the argument presented by Cb4 falls flats where he says languages get influenced by other languages. Look..Indian punjabis and Pakistani punjabis (punjab as whole) has always used the arabic words in their language....as far as getting influenced and keeping the rawness of language retained is concerned..I am saying Indian punjabis's language is still Raw compared to their Pakistani counterparts as Pakistan punjabi language is now more influenced by Urdu than Indian punjabi is influenced by hindi. hope am clear now.

Ignore the Indian Poppa Singhs. We in Pakistan know who is real Sardar and who is not.

The real Punjab is defined by Bhangra,culture the celebration of baisakhi,Harmandir Sahib(golden temple) etc
That's what comes to mind when you think of Punjab,I have seen many Pakistani punjabis in videos,forums and elsewhere and there a lot of diff between Indian punjabis and Pakistani ones,Indisn punjabis are Hindus + Sikhs + Muslims,while for Pakistan it's not,so that's what adds vibrancy to our Punjab!

Arabic or Urdu?
Urdu is used,you don't need to feel proud of that do you? Cuz it's in no way pakistan's language.

Back
Top Bottom