What's new

My short visit to Punjab...

Again that is false. We consider ourselves Muslim, but to we are the true inheritors of Punjab. The sons of the soil.

This is what Punjab is all about.

Not getting drunk and making an idiot of yourself while trying to dance as Jatt+gutts is trying to portray.

Being Punjabi is when you get that feeling after squeezing the soil between your fingers.

Pakistani Punjabis Are Self-Hating & Suffer From Inferiority Complex - Tarek Fatah - YouTube

Pakistani Punjab has become urduised .Words from a Pakistani Punjabi himself .

Btw if drinking and dancing like some Indian Punjabis do is not Punjabi culture then following Arab Wahhabi ideology is also not Punjabi culture i am sure. I am talking about Punjabi Taliban that is so strong in Pakistani Punjab . The whole concept is taken from Arabs and Pashtuns.

Neither of the two examples above define the basic culture of their respective areas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sultan Bahu, Bulley shah, Waris shah, Shah Hussain, Baba farid, Khwaja Ghulam Farid, miyan mohammad bakhsh are muslim punjabi poet and indian punjabi singers sing their kalam as their own

Lo bhai ab kaun real Punjabi hai, kaun nahin uska certificate bhi inse lena padega. :lol:

I have watched your Punjabi films as well. Can't say I have visited though.

films in India including punjab are custom made t cater to the entire country fromkashmir to Tamil Nadu. These videos can give you very wrong impressions..just as I can see you have a very wrong impression about Inidan punjab...your punjab is only bigger than ours..and you follow islam..our is smaller and we follow sikhism.culture wise..I feel we are very strong..dont know aboyt Pakistani punjab...but am sure if i visit there someday (which I will for sure), I'l find tha our culture if not stronger..is not less than yours.

films in India including punjab are custom made t cater to the entire country fromkashmir to Tamil Nadu. These videos can give you very wrong impressions..just as I can see you have a very wrong impression about Inidan punjab...your punjab is only bigger than ours..and you follow islam..our is smaller and we follow sikhism.culture wise..I feel we are very strong..dont know aboyt Pakistani punjab...but am sure if i visit there someday (which I will for sure), I'l find tha our culture if not stronger..is not less than yours.

Around 40 % of Indian Punjabis are Hindus as well right ?

Pakistani Punjab has become urduised .Words from a Pakistani Punjabi himself .

Btw if drinking and dancing like some Indian Punjabis do is not Punjabi culture then following Arab Wahhabi ideology is also not Punjabi culture i am sure. I am talking about Punjabi Taliban that is so strong in Pakistani Punjab . The whole concept is taken from Arabs and Pashtuns.

Neither of the two examples above define the basic culture of their respective areas.

I thought you are sane member but you are acting like stupid here

Sultan Bahu, Bulley shah, Waris shah, Shah Hussain, Baba farid, Khwaja Ghulam Farid, miyan mohammad bakhsh are muslim punjabi poet and indian punjabi singers sing their kalam as their own

show me one such video where Indian singers have sung these poets' kalam as their own.I am talking about the singers..not the street singer on roads. Thats a very big allegation.I am here now.

Our culture has been going it's separate ways for a while now.

Around 40 % of Indian Punjabis are Hindus as well right ?

Indian Punjab is highly populated with big cities like amritsar and ludhiana with millions of workers.especially from Bihar and UP..thats makes it a big part of hindus who have migrated to Punjab...but the number of Punjabis of the soils is still same..the lager migrantion of hindus in the state has increased the percentage of Hindus in punjab. But am not sure its 40%..it might be ..I havent checked though.

This morning I went to Mississauga to buy halal meat, just like the poster nothing special happened oh but I stopped at the gas station on the way back

show me one such video where Indian singers have sung these poets' kalam as their own.I am talking about the singers..not the street singer on roads. Thats a very big allegation.I am here now.
You misunderstood i meant they sing their kalam as if its part of their culture..why dont you bring hindu/muslim/sikh religion here..only sing kalam of those poet who are sikh or hindus because you are dividing Punjab on religious grounds

I thought you are sane member but you are acting like stupid here

Trying to counter someone's stupid point. What i am saying is that dancing and drinking is not mainstream Indian Punjabi culture just like following Taliban is not mainstream Pakistani Punjabi culture . some individuals in both countries do this.

Besides Indian Punjabis tend to be happy go lucky kinds , like dancing and stuff - doesn't make them un-Punjabi

Indian Punjab is highly populated with big cities like amritsar and ludhiana with millions of workers.especially from Bihar and UP..thats makes it a big part of hindus who have migrated to Punjab...but the number of Punjabis of the soils is still same..the lager migrantion of hindus in the state has increased the percentage of Hindus in punjab. But am not sure its 40%..it might be ..I havent checked though.

I was talking about Punjabis , not those hindus who migrated from other states. I believe they make up around 37-40 % of Indian Punjab according to the 2001 census .

Trying to counter someone's stupid point. What i am saying is that dancing and drinking is not mainstream Indian Punjabi culture just like following Taliban is not mainstream Pakistani Punjabi culture . some individuals in both countries do this.

Besides Indian Punjabis tend to be happy go lucky kinds , like dancing and stuff - doesn't make them un-Punjabi

indian punjabi = daru piyo bat bat pe marpit karo bat bat pe oye aye karo ghar jake biwi ko maro :partay:

Our culture has been going it's separate ways for a while now.

our culture might be getting influenced by religions. I remmeber my Grandma telling me stories of punjab before partition..there was just no differences and there was a strong sense of brotherhood (which I still see when I hear stories fromcousins abroad when they meet their Pakistani friends from pakistani punjab)...even though basi seperating factors were religion and may be script..the culture remained the same..the language remained the same. Language wise I see Pakistani side of punjab getting more diversfied and losing the raw essence of Punjabi language.

indian punjabi = daru piyo bat bat pe marpit karo bat bat pe oye aye karo ghar jake biwi ko maro :partay:

you got it right...you seem to have understood punjabis well..so keep a distance or else you will become like us and your biwi will suffer.

well dancing and singing is not limited to indian punjabi people and same is true for drinking habit..drinking daroo has nothing to do with punjabi culture

non Punjabi also dance and sing..you should blame Bollywood who portray indian punjabi mostly sikhs like this in movies who start balley balley everywhere and act stupid and funny most of the time

Back
Top Bottom