What's new

My salute to arguably India's greatest military hero

India Pakistan war gives birth many heroes. Why you guys dont fight anymore

& not to mention Movies too. Here is the India's Greatest celluloid son. He is called when ever somebody feels like bashing enemy (you know the usual suspects:p:) in Bollywood.
sunny630.jpg

My all time Sunny Super movie Border. At the end of movie, the scoreline read

Patton Tank 0
Sunny Paaji 75 (he ran out of tanks..8-).)

Mona ko kabse chod diya ?
Ajit_Khan01.jpg

yea i read about it in the book "History of Indo Pak War of 1965" by "Lt Gen Mahmood Ahmed"
the three day Battle of Asal Uttar, Pakistan lost 62 tanks to India in a period of three days to their grenadiers and their dug in tanks (in anti tank role)
it was indeed a great battle by India, and a loss for Pakistan.
Salute to the soldier

& not to mention Movies too. Here is the India's Greatest celluloid son. He is called when ever somebody feels like bashing enemy (you know the usual suspects:p:) in Bollywood.
View attachment 182283

Patton Tank 0

I cant miss to spend some time on this movie, whenever I get a chance.

Anyways we all like wars and make war hero whom are actually killers :D

I cant miss to spend some time on this movie, whenever I get a chance.
If u get Doordarshan in Bangladesh, just tune in to channel on this 26 January. I'm sure the movie will be there (as it has been for past so many years...:taz:).

yea i read about it in the book "History of Indo Pak War of 1965" by "Lt Gen Mahmood Ahmed"
the three day Battle of Asal Uttar, Pakistan lost 62 tanks to India in a period of three days to their grenadiers and their dug in tanks (in anti tank role)
it was indeed a great battle by India, and a loss for Pakistan.
Salute to the soldier
Pakistan did not expect Indians to dig in so quickly. The PAF Tactical sorties were non existant as well and air recon was dated. The Pak tank commanders faced a catch 22 situation. They knew the Indians had fixed heavy artillery to the rear and some infantry units. When they engaged the Indian forces they found Indian tanks on the field as well(who disregarded the partially cleared minefield), some dug in as pillboxes.

So they could neither stop and target the Indian tanks as Indian artillery would zero in on them, nor could they slowly progress as the few Indian tanks would then get an advantage(Indian tanks were few so at a tactical disadvantage). So Pakistani tanks decided to race ahead hoping to overrun the Indian positions. But the Indian artillery and a few fanatical tanks saved the day. The Pakistani squadron realized its mistake and tried to correct it by withdrawing and focusing along a different axis (North - South, which they should have tried earlier), but by then it was too late.

If u get Doordarshan in Bangladesh, just tune in to channel on this 26 January. I'm sure the movie will be there (as it has been for past so many years...:taz:).

Im sure some more channels will do the same. As in a same month they telecast these movies repeatedly.
I can remember Zee cinema used to do this a lot :cheesy:

Pakistan did not expect Indians to dig in so quickly. The PAF Tactical sorties were non existant as well and air recon was dated. The Pak tank commanders faced a catch 22 situation. They knew the Indian had fixed heavy artillery to the rear and some infantry units. When they engaged the Indian forces they found Indian tanks on the field as well(who disregarded the partially cleared minefield), some dug in as pillboxes.

So they could neither stop and target the Indian tanks as Indian artillery would zero in on them, nor could they slowly progress as the few Indian tanks would then get an advantage(Indian tanks were few so at a tactical disadvantage). So Pakistani tanks decided to race ahead hoping to overrun the Indian positions. But the Indian artillery and a few tanks saved the day. The Pakistani squadron realized its mistake and tried to correct it by withdrawing and focusing along a different axis (North - South, which they should have tried earlier), but by then it was too late.
our high command made a lot of stupid mistakes,
1) They shouldn't even have tried an offensive here as most of their tanks would get bogged down.
2)The different tank squadrons used to come under friendly fire as a result of no coordination.
3)Gen Hamid just disappeared into the back ground after launching the offensive, he should have continued to command the offensive

our high command made a lot of stupid mistakes,
1) They shouldn't even have tried an offensive here as most of their tanks would get bogged down.
2)The different tank squadrons used to come under friendly fire as a result of no coordination.
3)Gen Hamid just disappeared into the back ground after launching the offensive, he should have continued to command the offensive
Yes, General Hamid was a very competent officer (and unfortunate man) and switching him in the middle of the operation was a fatal flaw. In fact he was made the scapegoat for the botched attacks. Indian forces had also made mistakes, but thankfully Pakistani forces had no more reserves to exploit opportunities.

Yes, General Hamid was a very competent officer (and unfortunate man) and switching him in the middle of the operation was a fatal flaw. In fact he was made the scapegoat for the botched attacks. Indian forces had also made mistakes, but thankfully Pakistani forces had no more reserves to exploit opportunities.
yes i read that part, the writer says "the only reason neither countries could gain anything from this war was that the High Command of both countries excelled each other in making bad decision and letting opportunities go by, and both countries should only be thankful to their lower level officers who kept the enemy at bay"

yes i read that part, the writer says "the only reason neither countries could gain anything from this war was that the High Command of both countries excelled each other in making bad decision and letting opportunities go by, and both countries should only be thankful to their lower level officers who kept the enemy at bay"
Please refer me some books preferably written by ex officers of your forces that I can read. I have read good works of Amin and bad ones of Mush(sorry) but I must have missed some of the best.

And I thought Akbar was the greatest Indian military hero. How wrong was I?

And I thought Akbar was the greatest Indian military hero. How wrong was I?

Well,Hamid sahab is one of the greatest heroes in post colonial India.

View attachment 182283

Patton Tank 0

View attachment 182285

Those in the movies were T 54s I guess.............anyway,nice analogy dude. :D

You Indians would always try to satisfy your souls while every one knows you lost that war from pakistan you had many dreams but unfortunately all were blown apart by pak army.....:yay::yay:

All these things are a lie pakistan have dozens of this kind of stories ... He is no Herooo these are all implanted and bed time stories spread in hindus world :omghaha::omghaha::yay::yay:

Please refer me some books preferably written by ex officers of your forces that I can read. I have read good works of Amin and bad ones of Mush(sorry) but I must have missed some of the best.
why the hell didnt i get a notification for this?

btw on topic
read "History Indo Pak War of 1965" (formerly Myth of the 1965 vicory)
by Lt Gen Mahmood Ahmed
this book i have read, and this dude really blamed everything on our high command, but its really difficult to get your hands on, but try it, ok?

the other is
"From Kutch to Tashkent" i forgot the name of the writer and i have not read it yet

why the hell didnt i get a notification for this?

btw on topic
read "History Indo Pak War of 1965" (formerly Myth of the 1965 vicory)
by Lt Gen Mahmood Ahmed
this book i have read, and this dude really blamed everything on our high command, but its really difficult to get your hands on, but try it, ok?

the other is
"From Kutch to Tashkent" i forgot the name of the writer and i have not read it yet
Danke shon. :) Will check them out.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom