What's new

My Question? Why Pakistan reducing ballistic missile ranges, previously publicly announced.

lolz! Yeah, i didn't read it properly. :D :D
In all seriousness now.....
But India needs it for China! Does Pakistan planning to nuke China, NOP!

Why would Pakistan establishment wants to spend millions on missiles which they never going to use. :D.

Pakistan government is smart with this move, we need to hand it to them :)
Pakistan may not have nukes pointed at anyone but the Indians but the nuclear superpowers (US/Russia) will have nukes pointed towards Pakistan.;)

Missile ranges are always a guesstimate and dependant on many variable factors. Trajectory, direction or travel (generally west bound sorties will have lesser range since they are moving against the rotation, the latitude of launch, (nearer the equator will have greater range), type of propellant, nozzle and a whole host of other factors.

Its literally rocket science after all.

The "official ranges" are always written down with certain parameters in mind. Payload can make a big difference. A slight reduction in weight can result in huge gains in range and vice versa...... this is why minatureisation is such an issue to this day.

The Trident II used by the US and the UK for instance has a range of about 7000 km for a full load, and 11,000 KM for reduced payload (and probably higher for even more for reduced payload). Thats more than a 50% difference. The SS18 has a range of between 10,000 km and 16,000 KM in its various incarnations.

Other things that can effect range include type of warhead (for ones which are designed to kill hard target, like the Shaheen series is, you need more robust and therefore heavier RV's). The addition of penetration aids can greatly increase the probability of defeating enemy defences, but they impose a range penalty; the British modification of their Polaris system with such aids reduced range of said system by about 40%.

Accuracy is another one. Longer the range, the less the accuracy is. At longer ranges you might be able to destroy soft targets like cities but not have high confidence in destroying hard targets, like command bunkers, weapons depots

Finally a system can be tinkered with over time. Using a different propellent fuel might increase range, but might not be practical due to a costs/and or logistics perspective. In the same way the use of better nozzles can greatly enhance performance.

Indeed sometimes the difference between the same weapon systems are so great that they are almost new systems..... which seems to have been the case with the Shaheen II, in its various incarnations. Part of what seems to have been done is the military accepted that the system was a distinct missile and renamed the long range version as Shaheen III.

The website Astronatrix gives the range of Shaheen II as upto 3500 km (http://www.astronautix.com/lvs/shaheen2.htm) Again, that is based upon various presumptions (reduced payload due to more compact warhead for instance). The actual range of it carrying a useful load is undoubtedly classified and will be far in excess of what is published (and don't worry enemies know that)

So in short the answer is that ranges that are given out for weapons are based upon certain parameters and presumptions about employment of said systems during conflict. Not the maximum possible ranges.

"Cursed Hindu Land" - I shudder to think what would happen if I refer to Pakistan as "Cursed Muslim Land". A small mind full of hate - a proud day for his family, teachers and society - that they have brought up a little devil full of poison.

I live in Mumbai, and many of the places that were attacked by Ajmal Kasab and his terrorist friends are places I used to and still frequent, but I still won't refer to Pakistan as that 'Cursed Muslim Land' or 'Cursed Terrorist Land'. I have several Muslim friends, and I refuse to say something hurtful about their faith just because some suicide bombers, killers of school children or beheaders claim to represent the faith.

That's the difference between you and us. But I don't think your kind can understand that. Have a great life ahead, full of all your hate - I'm sure you are going to do great!

Quit playing the Lord Saviour. "The difference between you and us". Lol. Who're you kidding? I could throw a stone and it would hit 10 Hindus who burn with seething hatred at the very mention of Pakistan's name. Calling the line we drew in the sand a Cursed Muslim Land would be a kind deed on their part. They wish rape on our women and defile the teachings of our religion. You needn't even look father than the comments section of the Times of India to find them. Get off your high and mighty secular horse and get a whiff of reality.

Unbelievable. The amount of fake in your post has my head hurting.

I don't think any country with ICBMs will disclose the actual range of the missile.

The reason may be that the Pakistani establishment have realized that the actual threat is internal, they're reducing missile range and making them more suitable to nuke targets within Pakistan..... like areas infested by Taliban and other extremist groups.

evil half breaded pakistan is also not safe

You mean inbred..right?.

He is troll..ignore him just like the mods do.

But India needs it for China! Does Pakistan planning to nuke China, NOP!

Why would Pakistan establishment wants to spend millions on missiles which they never going to use. :D.

Pakistan government is smart with this move, we need to hand it to them :)

Pakistan is like north Korea of south Asia. ..shitty economy but oversized army, crazy dictators, a Chinese stooge, a military ruled and dominated country, a extremized population and a bunch of nukes that is being threatened to explode on its neighbor...even if it completely annihilates itself.

Quit playing the Lord Saviour. "The difference between you and us". Lol. Who're you kidding? I could throw a stone and it would hit 10 Hindus who burn with seething hatred at the very mention of Pakistan's name. Calling the line we drew in the sand a Cursed Muslim Land would be a kind deed on their part. They wish rape on our women and defile the teachings of our religion. You needn't even look father than the comments section of the Times of India to find them. Get off your high and mighty secular horse and get a whiff of reality.

Unbelievable. The amount of fake in your post has my head hurting.

Your head hurts because your mind is completely warped and twisted with blind hatred and seething with impotent rage. It is not your fault. You are not capable of anything else any longer.

A cautionary tale to all other friends on the forum - please look at this sad case and see for yourself the path of hatred. This poor sod can only be pitied, because he seems beyond help. Tragic, truly.

Your head hurts because your mind is completely warped and twisted with blind hatred and seething with impotent rage. It is not your fault. You are not capable of anything else any longer.

A cautionary tale to all other friends on the forum - please look at this sad case and see for yourself the path of hatred. This poor sod can only be pitied, because he seems beyond help. Tragic, truly.

Oh shut up and get bent.

quiet a number of missiles pakistan hold ,have missile ranges beyond their publicly stated ranges. obviously the easiest example of this si the babur cruise missile. its not 750km it's 1000km even with the cm400akg its supposed to be 350km but analysts speculate due to is size its actually more than that. even though that would be against the mortice agreement. the shaheen III is basically a stretched shaheenII also said by janes and my colleges say the same. so say why do they do this is to simply reduce the fear of concern by other countries such as india and israel and also nato. also india has done the same with the agni 5 the stated range was 500km but other say its 8000km why so that the true range is way from europe. is foreign policy.

pakistan with not be launching a missile with a range greater than the shaheen 3 for quiet some time not or not at all as what general kidwai said Pakistan's missiles cover a specific country and wee all know who thats is.

"Cursed Hindu Land" - I shudder to think what would happen if I refer to Pakistan as "Cursed Muslim Land". A small mind full of hate - a proud day for his family, teachers and society - that they have brought up a little devil full of poison.

I live in Mumbai, and many of the places that were attacked by Ajmal Kasab and his terrorist friends are places I used to and still frequent, but I still won't refer to Pakistan as that 'Cursed Muslim Land' or 'Cursed Terrorist Land'. I have several Muslim friends, and I refuse to say something hurtful about their faith just because some suicide bombers, killers of school children or beheaders claim to represent the faith.

That's the difference between you and us. But I don't think your kind can understand that. Have a great life ahead, full of all your hate - I'm sure you are going to do great!

It's because of people like you that terrorism has grown from leaps and bounds. Because of apologists like you.
A tiger is a dangerous animal. In relation to the number of tigers in the world only a small percentage of tigers attack humans but that doesn't mean that tiger is not a dangerous animal. We still take protective measures against them.

Similarly I don't understand the logic of you guys, almost ALL of middle east is directly or indirectly supports Islamic fundamentalism including our peaceful neighbors. Yet you would still say that don't stereotype. Its just stating simple statistical facts that almost all terrorists are from a certain religion.

It's because of people like you that terrorism has grown from leaps and bounds. Because of apologists like you.
A tiger is a dangerous animal. In relation to the number of tigers in the world only a small percentage of tigers attack humans but that doesn't mean that tiger is not a dangerous animal. We still take protective measures against them.

Similarly I don't understand the logic of you guys, almost ALL of middle east is directly or indirectly supports Islamic fundamentalism including our peaceful neighbors. Yet you would still say that don't stereotype. Its just stating simple statistical facts that almost all terrorists are from a certain religion.

A Pakistani couple went to Saudi Arabia for travel. The wife was fairly pretty. As they got to the airport there was an Arab man who looked at the wife and said in Arabic "Come here my slutty hotness, I want to put my manhood in you and make you scream"...
At which the couple smiled and the husband said, "Oh look, that man is reciting the Quran looking at us.. he is probably praying for our good health".

If you are intelligent, that would be enough for you to understand everything.

A Pakistani couple went to Saudi Arabia for travel. The wife was fairly pretty. As they got to the airport there was an Arab man who looked at the wife and said in Arabic "Come here my slutty hotness, I want to put my manhood in you and make you scream"...
At which the couple smiled and the husband said, "Oh look, that man is reciting the Quran looking at us.. he is probably praying for our good health".

If you are intelligent, that would be enough for you to understand everything.
La haula wala ......

No Lahoul on brotherly love. Which extends to idiots thinking that our missile ranges need to also cater to Israel when our own brethren would sleep in the same bed to get back at their Persian enemies.
Wait, let me say that to zarvan.

@Zarvan

La haula wala quwata illa billah

Happy? :D

Back
Top Bottom