What's new

My name is Pakistan and I’m not an Arab

Why is it hard for Pakistanis to accept that there ancestors practised pagan religions (hinduism in their case) before converting to Islam. The whole world was pagan before the advent of modern religions even the arabs.

It is not hard but you can' generalize entire Pakistanis ancestors to be hindus or pagans for example my ancestors were from Turkey moved about to explore and landed into afghanistan and did not even settle and came into the land now called Pakistan KPK...You gotta hand us proof that world was pagan.

OK, look. Hazrat Ibrahim and Ishaq are for the most part largely unrelated to most of us (genetically). The Buddha had nothing to do with Pakistan, and that last guy wasn't even a prophet, much less an 'ancestor' to us.

None of these 4 can even be called 'ancestors' to Pakistanis.

First Bhuddha was Rig vedic brahmin, he was more related to us then anyother. And 2nd bhuddha was born in Swat, Pakistan. Again more related to us then anyone else in South Asia.

I hate Hindu's, I dont want anything to do with their abhorrant culture
Not Iranians either...thats why being a Pakistani is so unique.

There is nothing to be proud of the ways of our ancesstors. They were misguided souls.
Why is it hard for Pakistanis to accept that there ancestors practised pagan religions (hinduism in their case) before converting to Islam. The whole world was pagan before the advent of modern religions even the arabs.

This is a troll article, liberal hog wash

At least you guys can be Pakistanis
You name yourselfs as Hussain, Abdul, Rahim all borrowed from Arabic, But same is not the case with Chinese, Indonesian, Turkish Muslim (they name themselves as per their culture)
Pakistanis and other sub continent Muslims need to get away from Arab slave mentality

OK, look. Hazrat Ibrahim and Ishaq are for the most part largely unrelated to most of us (genetically). The Buddha had nothing to do with Pakistan, and that last guy wasn't even a prophet, much less an 'ancestor' to us.

I am talking about the Islamic belief . We are all descendants of Adam and Nuh and they were Muslims . A lot of people in Pakistan do claim Ibrahimi descent and Ibrahim was a Muslim too . (I always wonder that if there was some connection b/w Ibrahim and lord Brahma ) . Gautum Budh had nothing to do with Pakistan ??? Taxila , swat etc etc had been greatest centers of Buddhism in history and the ancestors of Pakistani Muslims were mostly Buddhist and Gautum Buddh and original Buddhists were not pagans !! About Baba Guru Nanak Dev , Ancestors of a lot of Punjabi Muslims (including myself) had been sikh followers of Guru Nanak for some time in history , That is why I included him

You name yourselfs as Hussain, Abdul, Rahim all borrowed from Arabic, But same is not the case with Chinese, Indonesian, Turkish Muslim (they name themselves as per their culture)
Pakistanis and other sub continent Muslims need to get away from Arab slave mentality

Indonesian Muslims, Chinese Muslims, Turkish Muslims name themselves as Hussain, Abdul, Rahim etc, though turkified, malayized, or mandarnized. And a lot of them explicitly.

Please don't spread indian propaganda here.

Names are what gives us identity. For example, let's take the English. A (very) large part of their name pool is derived from Hebrew, Greek and Latin (and derived languages e.g. French), and a smaller part is from Germanic languages.

This has nothing to do with 'having a slave mentality'.

Nothing to be proud of our ancestors religions. What have they done in history so we can be proud of? Caste system where dalits are treated like ghali ka kutta? Should we be proud of racists like them or someone who opened our minds so we see everyone as equal.

Look at Indian above, using chamar as insult. 98% of Indians are chamar origin but somehow they still find them disgusting. This is result of our ancestors religions.

One more article on this topic? It's getting repetitive and it's fun no more.

I do agree with parts of the article i.e. incorporate the finer elements of their (and for that matter, anyone's) culture, but do not detach from your own roots.
Other parts of the article, however, do sound nonsense.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

who were your ancestors?? Can you please enlighten us.

Don't tell me you claim your ancestry to some place in Central Asia!!
But, it doesn't really matter where you come from. What does is you were a band of indigenous people who were at the
forefront of continuous aggression from Muslim nations or caliphates or whatever they were..... the population slowly converted to Islam..... Most of your so called pagan ancestors if not all were forced to do so.

To be really honest who cares if you guys were muslim's for 1 gen or 1000 gen..... be happy with what you are now and respect the fact that some didn't want to convert!!

Peace

Indonesian Muslims, Chinese Muslims, Turkish Muslims name themselves as Hussain, Abdul, Rahim etc, though turkified, malayized, or mandarnized. And a lot of them explicitly.

Please don't spread indian propaganda here.
Exactly my point Punjabi, Sindhi names should be used instead of Arabic ones

Exactly my point Punjabi, Sindhi names should be used instead of Arabic ones

There nothing called sindhi, punjabi names but hindu names. We are above that now. We don't even use our castes surnames mostly, let alone using hindu names. For us everyone is equal.

Back
Top Bottom